Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Picks Available (Update in post #93)

The Dallas Mavericks are hoping to trade the 13th overall pick in order to clear additional cap space to pursue Dwight Howard, according to sources.

The 13th overall pick has a cap hold of $1,655,300.

The Mavericks' future first rounder was traded to the Lakers in the Lamar Odom tarde and is top-20 protected through 2017.
    realgm.com

This may be an easy way for us to get back into the draft. It's one pick lower than we were suppose to have and it wouldn't hurt to strength our team.

I'm not sure how we would aquire it -- are players like Pietrus still on our payroll to trade until the draft?

or could we trade a future second round pick and cash?

Who would you draft at the 13th spot?

I'd do a future second rounder and cash to buy that pick. You can't trade for it as they don't want the cap hold/salary.

With a lottery pick it might be a lot easier to grease the wheels on a Bargnani trade.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

IF....IF we keep the pick someone like Kelly Olynk would interest me.

also Michael Carter Williams is projected to go around that point as well
      Last edited by thead; Wed May 22, 2013, 04:50 PM.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

It clearly says they're going after Dwight with the pick. Not sure if they're willing to give it up for anything but him...
        Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed May 22, 2013, 06:24 PM.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
          Don't know why this is a thread. Lol.

It clearly says they're going after Dwight with the pick. Not sure if they're willing to give it up for anything but him...
          They want to snag him as a free agent, which means they need cap space. I don't think they want to do a sign and trade

Comment

It may also be a smoke screen. The Mavs shouldn't have a hard time making an offer to Howard, even if they keep the pick. They may just want to put teams at ease and create false rumours. So far, they've also been attached to Saric A LOT.

Comment

I don't know who Toronto would be able to give up to get it but, if they got it then I would say Michael Carter Williams, The dude has 7.3 assists per game, is 6'6 with a 41 inch vertical, can rebound the ball pretty well and creates a lot of mismatch ups, the length that the raps had would be amazing plus it would make them even more of a threat having to worry about every rap on the court dunking on people when you have Williams, Derozan, Gay, Amir, Val. Three point shooting would become a bit of an issue but this kid i think is worth a pick for the Raps. In his interviews he speaks of how he wants to win and that one of his advantages is that he doesn't let anything get to him on the court. So, yes please get the pick and if so pick this fellow up.
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...chroeder-7105/

Comment

I like this idea. Definitely a risky pick but it would give us a back-up pg for the season and if Lowry really isn't the answer at PG Schroeder very well could be.

A good combination of addressing need and talent. Sounds like he could have the speed and vision of Tony Parker but unfortunately the shooting skills of Rubio.

Comment

I am intrigued by both Schroeder and Carter-Williams. Schroeder as a speedy option, and C-W as a big PG option. Both have PG skills. Shooting is a concern, but it often is for young players. Some guys can develop it, some can't.

Comment

The most money any team can include in transactions is $3M. I believe the Raptors sent all of that to MEM in Gay trade.

Only way for Raps to get this pick is to wait until after July 1st to send money and have Mavs pick on their behalf or include a future pick of some sort: either right to switch, conditional 1st, 2nd rd pick.

Comment

I got it! Kyle Lowry for Dallas' number 13 pick. That was easy.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          I got it! Kyle Lowry for Dallas' number 13 pick. That was easy.
                          that would be hilarious

Comment

The premise of the article in this thread is they literally don't want any salary back. Either a later pick or cash

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              that would be hilarious
                              and kinda disrespectful.

thead wrote: View Post
                              The premise of the article in this thread is they literally don't want any salary back. Either a later pick or cash
                              Most likely future pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X