Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was horrendous when he played here with us but he hasn't done anything to deserve being boo'd
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I have no idea why anyone would boo him. He did exactly what Casey asked of him... added weight to play the four and iso'd all day erryday.

But if it happens...
      "Are they booing me?"
      "Uh no... They're saying Rooo-urns! Rooo-urns!"

Comment

No doubt he will get booed. He doesn't deserve it, but it will happen.

You have to think about it from a casual fan's perspective. Think about all the scrutiny he faced from the media earlier in the year. He was getting hated on. And these fans boo anyone who doesn't live up to expectation.
        Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed Mar 5, 2014, 09:42 AM.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah, I agree, he will undeservedly be booed. I'm glad he is gone, and things have worked out so hopefully the fans will just let it go, but I expect he gets booed.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            No doubt he will get booed. He doesn't deserve it, but it will happen.

You have to think about it from a casual fan's perspective. Think about all the scrutiny he faced from the media earlier in the year. He was getting hated on. And these fans boo anyone who doesn't live up to expectation.
            JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Yeah, I agree, he will undeservedly be booed. I'm glad he is gone, and things have worked out so hopefully the fans will just let it go, but I expect he gets booed.
            Yup, it's basically a lock that he'll get booed. Again, not because he deserves it, but because the storyline all year long has been "Raps are fawking AWESOME since Gay left!" :|

Comment

He'll get booed at the intros and maybe a bit in the first quarter, but it will die down pretty quickly.

Hopefully Acy gets into the game and gets a strong ovation
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.
                I think we already are.

Comment

He doesn't deserve to be booed. Through all of his struggles in Toronto, he was always a great teammate and could never be accused of mailing it in. It's just that he was badly miscast as a 'superstar' and should never have been given the autonomy of the offense like he was.

We should be booing Colangelo if anything.

Comment

Gay didn't do a stupid interview about not trying as a Raptor, but he did improved his stats across the board after the trade.

Fans can do whatever they want. So I say yes. Boo him. They still boo the greatest Raptor ever, so why not Gay?
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

I have a better idea, don't boo, don't cheer, do nothing.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        I think we already are.
                        Brooklyn fans were booing their PA announcer for asking the crowd to get loud.

Some folks need to start paying attention to other NBA arenas.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

ok, well wee boo a guy who accidentally injured our player (Horford)
                          we think scrubs like Pops Mensah-Bonsu are untouchable pieces
                          we boo when we don't get a free slice of garbage pizza
                          we still boo guys after 10 years

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                            ok, well wee boo a guy who accidentally injured our player (Horford)
                            we think scrubs like Pops Mensah-Bonsu are untouchable pieces
                            we boo when we don't get a free slice of garbage pizza
                            we still boo guys after 10 years
                            Rationality and fanaticism don't mix.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

link?
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Should he get booed? No
                                Will he get booed? Almost definitely

Comment

Working...
                                X