Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waaait. so the playoffs don't reseed? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waaait. so the playoffs don't reseed? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

Had to make an account just so I could discuss this with raptors republics (site regular, but only commented in game threads until now).

I cannot believe, from what I have read, that they don't reseed the playoffs in round 2. Say it isn't so! Your telling me that Indiana can lose. And we'd still have to face the heat. Meanwhile the 5 & 7 seeds could face eachother for a shot at the conference finals! WTF, THIS IS INSANE! Such a terrible system.

I was so into that Indiana series for the hope of an upset & chance at facing a lower seed in round 2 (as any logical playoff format would do). So disappointed right now to know that we play the heat no matter what in round 2 even if Indiana gets upset. UGH

surprise, surprise.

another hockey-pro fan.

Comment

Is there any system that reseeds anymore? NHL was the only one. They stopped...for a reason.

Comment

Yes I'm a hockey fan. A baseball fan. A football fan. And a basketball fan. And I pretty much only watch my favourite teams in all those sports. I don't miss a single Raptors game until they are eliminated from the playoff race every season (which unfortunately has been far to often lately).

But regardless of that, its still a terrible playoff system. Do you not agree?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Is there any system that reseeds anymore? NHL was the only one. They stopped...for a reason.
          .... The NFL. The NHL always has, maybe they've changed this year (if they did it is a mistake on their part as well). For situations just like this (possibility of Indiana being eliminated) it makes absolutely no sense at all.

MLB has too few teams to reseed. So... before this year, every professional league besides the NBA reseeded. NHL may be changing, if they are it is a mistake, but for as long as I can remember they have reseeded in round 2.
          Last edited by CashGameND; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 10:40 PM.

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
            .... The NFL. The NHL always has, maybe they've changed this year (if they did it is a mistake on their part as well). For situations just like this (possibility of Indiana being eliminated) it makes absolutely no sense at all
            NFL? What? I thought owners killed reseed proposal very fast.

Comment

Guys, I can't believe you just found out that NBA has no reseeding. wow. I can't believe this. #leafsnation

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Guys, I can't believe you just found out that NBA has no reseeding. wow. I can't believe this.
                I know right? If you're a bball fan, then you should at least know how seeding works.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm a raptors fan. I'm not a hardcore basketball fan & hardly follow the league outside of highlights besides the Raptors. I do watch every single Raptors game (in full) religiously, that takes up enough of my life. And we haven't even in a position to consider round 2 for how long? Its been a while.

I watch every single Blue Jays, Raptors, Chiefs, and Leafs game. Once my team is out I'm onto watching the next team. Lately the Raptors have been out of the race early, unfortunately.
                  Last edited by CashGameND; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Is this thread for real? Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol Easy does it boys. We welcome new fans here. Not try and drive them away with a pompous "greather than thou" attitude.

Welcome to the board CashGame! I'm not really familiar with how the reseeding system works (not a hockey fan), but it sounds like in our case, its the better system. LOL

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
                        .... The NFL. The NHL always has, maybe they've changed this year (if they did it is a mistake on their part as well). For situations just like this (possibility of Indiana being eliminated) it makes absolutely no sense at all
                        Why does it make no sense? It makes no sense that the lowest seed could have to face a team that's still "better" than them?

Bracketing rewards strong play in the playoffs...which is what the playoffs should be about. Re-seeding rewards strong play in the regular season...well there's already a reward for that, it's called home court advantage.

Comment

As far back as I can remember NFL has always reseeded in the 2nd round (divisional round) of the playoffs. So they have the 3/6 and 4/5 teams play in wildcard. if #3 wins they get team #2. If #6 wins they get team #1 (instead of #1 vs 4 & 2 vs 6)

Comment

Sorry for seeming rude, welcome to the boards.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

The NFL is unique, because the top 2 seeds don't play the first week. So there has been a re-seeding so to speak after the wild card round. But yeah, a pretty different system that is not at all similar to the 8 team system.

Comment

Working...
                              X