Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The idea of trading derozan for afflalo is silly, even if Afflalo is better. Fact is, he isn't that much better, at least not enough to take this team to the next level nor good enough to risk destroying the chemistry on this team. Demar has always been a Raptor and clearly wants to be here and win here. No one knows how Afflalo will gel with the team, nor if the team would respond positively to his addition and Demars extraction. It's a risk not worth taking. Furthermore, I would be willing to take the chance that Demar is better at 28 than Afflalo is now.

What people are saying about Afflalo...that he is a good player on a bad team are the same complaints many had of Derozan, except that now, people can't say that because this team is actually pretty good together. Derozan is now a good player on a good team.

I don't know what the problem is anyways, Derozan is a great player to have on your team, when are you guys gonna start cheering for this kid and stop harping on him. Give the guy some love!!
    That's what I'm saying (mostly). For those who think this winning isn't sustainable, it'd be even less sustainable if you brought someone else in, or even worse, took someone out. The reason you think it's unsustainable is that these guys are focusing and banding together like never seen before and you think that can't last. Well how far do you think it can go if you take away the leading scorer and one of the team's leaders? I think you guys are treating this like a video game, wanting to get the "highest rated player" and not taking chemistry and heart into account.

(I'm not saying you're doing this Jaws, I'm just piggybacking on your ideas and pounding my chest beside ya)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Yea i still disagree so thanks. This is coming from the guy who think Gordan Hayward is more athletic than DeMar haha, gimme a break.
      Why is DD better than Afflalo? If you disagree there must be a reason

I don't think you realize how athletic Hayward is. He has much better foot speed than DD which allows him to move laterally faster and is faster in the open court.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Yeah, he never gives a time frame on anything which is key along with the vagueness. What happens if team goes on 5 game losing streak? Are they still winning?

Anyways, most interesting year of Raptor ball in 4-5 seasons!
        Definitely.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          The idea of trading derozan for afflalo is silly, even if Afflalo is better. Fact is, he isn't that much better, at least not enough to take this team to the next level nor good enough to risk destroying the chemistry on this team. Demar has always been a Raptor and clearly wants to be here and win here. No one knows how Afflalo will gel with the team, nor if the team would respond positively to his addition and Demars extraction. It's a risk not worth taking. Furthermore, I would be willing to take the chance that Demar is better at 28 than Afflalo is now.

What people are saying about Afflalo...that he is a good player on a bad team are the same complaints many had of Derozan, except that now, people can't say that because this team is actually pretty good together. Derozan is now a good player on a good team.

I don't know what the problem is anyways, Derozan is a great player to have on your team, when are you guys gonna start cheering for this kid and stop harping on him. Give the guy some love!!
          Bravo!!! agree with everything. Well said.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Why is DD better than Afflalo? If you disagree there must be a reason

I don't think you realize how athletic Hayward is. He has much better foot speed than DD which allows him to move laterally faster and is faster in the open court.
            In my opinion DeRozan just has way more overall potential than Afflalo. He can score in a variety of ways, and with either hand at the rim. He is bigger, stronger, more athletic. The only thing i'd say Afflalo is better at than DeRozan is shooting, thats it

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              In my opinion DeRozan just has way more overall potential than Afflalo. He can score in a variety of ways, and with either hand at the rim. He is bigger, stronger, more athletic. The only thing i'd say Afflalo is better at than DeRozan is shooting, thats it
              Personally, I really don't see much more improvement out of DD. Yes, he may get a little better at some of the nuances of the game, but he is pretty much going to be the player that we see today. (he still hasn't found 3pt range, and he is primarily a jumpshooter)

Afflalo is a much better shooter than DD. Also consider that 70% of DD shots are jump shots. Since both guys get the majority of their points off jump shots, isn't it better to have the one that is the better shooter?

Comment

What would be the point of trading Ross for Affalo? or Derozan for Afflalo? To win one more game in the second round of the playoffs? The trade doesn't move the needle enough to make it worth the difference in age. Derozan for Affalo is a pretty lateral trade (even if he is better). The only trade I would consider is something like Ross and Salmons for Affalo and a draft pick, although I just don't see why orlando would do that.

Also I'm pretty sure that Mango said he probably wouldn't do a deal either. He's just contending that Affalo>Demar.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Masai speaks! (And nothing is clear yet!)

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                  What would be the point of trading Ross for Affalo? or Derozan for Afflalo? To win one more game in the second round of the playoffs? The trade doesn't move the needle enough to make it worth the difference in age. Derozan for Affalo is a pretty lateral trade (even if he is better). The only trade I would consider is something like Ross and Salmons for Affalo and a draft pick, although I just don't see why orlando would do that.

Also I'm pretty sure that Mango said he probably wouldn't do a deal either. He's just contending that Affalo>Demar.
                  This. Afflalo is better than derozan, but it's not an astronomical gap. I'm not even sure the team would actually get better if the deal was made.

I think this has more to do with a lot of people wanting DeMar gone. Tons of people here would've traded him for Gordon Hayward in a second before this year, and now it's pretty clear who the better player is. Hayward can't handle being the top or even a top scoring option at all.

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
                    this next month and a half before trade deadline will be very interesting
                    Yeah, as long as they do not go on a three game losing spree they should be good. Until trade deadline. And by playing only nine guys, is that not tempting the basketball gods? We have been fortunate but how long before someone goes down from wear and tear?

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, as long as they do not go on a three game losing spree they should be good. Until trade deadline. And by playing only nine guys, is that not tempting the basketball gods? We have been fortunate but how long before someone goes down from wear and tear?
                      well hansbrough is injured. hopefully that meets the basketball gods quota for now.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Why is everybody so obsessed with knowing the 5 year plan right now?
                        Because people are fans. It's a natural thing. People get attached to players -- or to the opposite, keep their distance because they are in tank mindset. For example, do I buy a Lowry jersey or not? I never considered it till lately because i thought surely he wouldn't stay around long. Also, I didn't like his attitude. But now... it's like Roosevelt said, he may be a son of a bitch, but he's our son of a bitch, and it looks like it may stay that way.

The management is smart to keep their options open, and fans are just being fans by asking the questions.
                        Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Jan 4, 2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                          That's not what I said. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. I'm saying it's preferable to get the Afflalos of the league as opposed to waiting for the Ross types to improve (which may never happen). A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. If they decide to tank, then keep the Ross types because they may achieve something meaningful in the future. When you're going around beating up on the best teams in the league it's time to think about accomplishing something now.
                          Perfect plan tomorrow sounds better.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• The biggest advantage Afflalo brings is his defense which is better than DeMars, but our D is pretty good with DD right now, so I don't think a trade makes sense. Efficiency aside, DD is the better scorer which is where we need some improvement right now. If win now is the goal you keep DD and only trade him for a better scorer.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              You haven't seen Afflalo play because if you had, you would know that the kid is a very underrated player and yes, you would know that he's better than DeRozan. You can say the same thing about me not watching DeRozan all you want. The Raps games are on cable and I watch all of them. I also have something called NBA League Pass, so I get to watch all the other games in the league and have had it for quite some time now.

Listen, I appreciate what DeRozan does for this team for what he makes, but he ain't better than Afflalo. Sorry.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk
                              This is such a joke. This is why toronto fans are considered stupid. Demar is 24 years old on what i wish i couldn't say but on a good WINNING team. There is a strong chance he is an all-star. Afflalo is 29 i believe putting up like 1 more ppg on a shitty orlando team who has no scorers and Afflalo can do whatever he wants. Hes not a bad player but isn't even close to Demar. Demar isn;t near his ceiling while affalo is at his ceiling . Look at his numbers in Denver when he was on a decent team. They were a good role player. Get your facts straight before you disrespect my boy Demar like that.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                                This is such a joke. This is why toronto fans are considered stupid. Demar is 24 years old on what i wish i couldn't say but on a good WINNING team. There is a strong chance he is an all-star. Afflalo is 29 i believe putting up like 1 more ppg on a shitty orlando team who has no scorers and Afflalo can do whatever he wants. Hes not a bad player but isn't even close to Demar. Demar isn;t near his ceiling while affalo is at his ceiling . Look at his numbers in Denver when he was on a decent team. They were a good role player. Get your facts straight before you disrespect my boy Demar like that.
                                I'm gonna start off by saying that personal attacks will not be tolerated. Consider it a warning. One more like that and it will result in a ban from the site.

Secondly, I'm pretty sick of doing these Afflalo v. Demar comparisons. I realize that this is a Raptors supporter board, but I'm going to be an objective poster.
                                A lot of you that are bashing Afflalo have no clue as to how solid of a player he is. And it's a shame. You bash him because he's 28, you bash him because he plays for the Magic, and that's just wrong. He's a smart, savvy player. I'd go as far as to say that he's an older, poorer version of James Harden.

Never once did I bash DeRozan, but some of you took it as a personal crusade to "pump his tires", singing his virtues as though I have never seen a Raptors game in my life. Is Demar a solid player? Yes. But is he that good of a player to make the ASG? Absolutely not. I would take Lowry over him because Lowry makes much more of an impact than Demar does. At the moment, Demar is just simply a volume scorer, and doesn't affect the game in any other way. Sorry to say it but it's true. The one knock I do have about Demar is that he has all this God given athletic ability, has amazing physical attributes, but his basketball IQ is so incredibly low, it seems that he can't put everything together. You're always left wanting more, and expecting more. If he had the ball IQ to go with everything, we wouldn't be having this discussion about who is better between him and Afflalo, because Demar would be one of the best players in the game.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X