OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    At least we're getting a guy with a sense of humour.

clark mcarther of the leafs did one of these vids last year were he posed as a sportchek employee.. he had a couple guys recognize him & he played it off great saying, how he always gets people asking him if hes clark & hed say i think its the hair i get that all the time..

Comment

• Reports from Russia say AK47 is playing for CSKA again next season.

http://fromrussiawithdunk.com/2012/0...h-cska-moscow/

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        His contract is not the greatest but he is not ridiculously overpaid - like say a certain Lopez.

I am actually hoping he is a Raptor come Saturday.

Since you brought that up Matt, I'm curious as to the Republic's opinion of Brook Lopez's contract. In my opinion he is definitely not a max player. He is a good center, a scorer much like Bargnani is, however his rebounding has tailed off the last couple of years, granted last year was a very small sample size. Nonetheless, I would like RR's opinion, was it good value, how does it compare to Bargnani's contract?

Comment

• Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
          Since you brought that up Matt, I'm curious as to the Republic's opinion of Brook Lopez's contract. In my opinion he is definitely not a max player. He is a good center, a scorer much like Bargnani is, however his rebounding has tailed off the last couple of years, granted last year was a very small sample size. Nonetheless, I would like RR's opinion, was it good value, how does it compare to Bargnani's contract?
          Check the Bargnani thread. This topic is already being discussed.

Comment

• Re-Tweet from Eric Koreen:

Fred Kerber‏@FredKerber
            #Knicks GM GGrunwald sez team awaiting Lin offer sheet from Hous "Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin those are two young players that we’d like back"
            Retweeted by Eric Koreen
            Fred Kerber is NBA reporter with the NY Post.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Re-Tweet from Eric Koreen:

Fred Kerber is NBA reporter with the NY Post.
              Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I want Fields goddammit, enough with the plan B's...
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I think plan C should be Antawn Jamison if we can't get fields, he should be a cheap option and a nice scoring wing although every team he plays on sucks lol

Comment

• funny vid...hope we sign him, otherwise its another year of JJ

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I'm torn. Without knowing what BC would do with the cap space and potentially the TPE and MLE, should Fields be matched by NYK, I'm not sure how I'm feeling or what I'm hoping for.

I like Fields and think he would fit really well into DC's system, especially alongside another dynamic scoring wing. I think his $6.3M average salary is a little high, but not too outrageous, especially since Fields is only 24 and is only signing for 3 years. However, when I factor in that his signing would cost Toronto the Barbosa TPE and the MLE, it suddenly seems a little steep.
                    I look at it a little more simply / harshly. Is he a good piece? Ya .. sure he is. But, so is JJ, so is LK. At $10mm over three years .. Im all over this.

But, you absolutely, positively can not be overpaying middle of the road players .. and thats exactly what he is. Throw in that Id like to see Ross get a fair bit of playing time... and I just dont see it at this price.

Comment

• mountio wrote: View Post
                      I look at it a little more simply / harshly. Is he a good piece? Ya .. sure he is. But, so is JJ, so is LK. At $10mm over three years .. Im all over this.

But, you absolutely, positively can not be overpaying middle of the road players .. and thats exactly what he is. Throw in that Id like to see Ross get a fair bit of playing time... and I just dont see it at this price.
                      You hit the nail on the head - the Raps are full of middle of the road players: Amir, Davis, Kleiza, JJ, Fields, DeRozan. Calderon is in his twilight years, Gray is a spare-part veteran for matchups against true C's, Valanciunas, Ross and Acy are rookies... only Bargnani (pre-injury last season) and Lowry (pre-injury / pre-coach spat version) are what I would call above average or starting caliber players.

That's exactly why I'm all for packaging 2 or 3 of them up to land another legit starter.

Comment

• knowledgep wrote: View Post
                        I think plan C should be Antawn Jamison if we can't get fields, he should be a cheap option and a nice scoring wing although every team he plays on sucks lol
                        The poster is very much a newbie on RR, so I don't know him enough to know whether he's kidding. He IS kidding, right?

Comment

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                          funny vid...hope we sign him, otherwise its another year of JJ
                          Alright, enough with the JJ bashing. Here's a guy who improved his shot considerably last year (mind you, he improved it from horribly obscenely bad to merely inadequate, but still a quantum leap). He is an EXCELLENT weak side defender; gets into passing lanes, has wonderful recognition, jumps out of the gym. He has stopped trying to do too much on offence, and when the team improves futher on offence (see: Lowry, K.), there is no reason to think he won't take even more of a back seat. He can hit the three (it would seem), in a pinch he can drive and dunk and finishes extremely well. With Casey at the helm AND A BETTER ATTITUDE (kid's young, no reason to think he won't mature more and more), and a better appreciation of when AND WHEN NOT to gamble on dee, he will be an EXCELLENT player in this league. And his contract is cheap. Most of the needed improvement is in his head. He took off a bunch of games mentally, just didn't show that HUGE motor that got people excited early on. A player like that, you don't just jettison. You give him a chance to grow into his natural abilities and correct his flaws. If they don't let him go, this is one of those players they'll be damn happy they have.

Comment

• i was kidding, AJ sucks

Comment

• LeeZ wrote: View Post
                              The poster is very much a newbie on RR, so I don't know him enough to know whether he's kidding. He IS kidding, right?
                              I was kidding, although i might be a "newbie" based on the number of posts, I've been following RR religiously for 2 years, thanks though.

Comment

• ESPN article about NYK, in which Fields situation was mentioned by their GM

Article Link: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...d-marcus-camby

Highlights:

Grunwald said the Knicks haven't yet decided on whether they will match the offer sheet that shooting guard Landry Fields signed with the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday. The deal is for three years and approaches $20 million.

"We haven't reached any decision at this time," the GM said. "We're still looking at that offer sheet and what other alternatives might be available to us."

Comment

Working...
                                X