Ross situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unless he is a total douche bag in the locker room it makes no sense to me.
    Stats wise he might have games where he hits shots, but he makes a LOT of mistakes on defense.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Casey has treated Ross fairly. when hes hot he plays, when hes missing wide open shots losing people on D and fouling shooters he gets the hook. I dont see what hes doing wrong.
      I don't have a problem about his handling of Ross if you analyze it in a vacuum. It's his imbalanced treatment of the roster that I have issue with. Anderson was able to shoot himself out of a horrible slump, where he basically had 3 good games (shooting) over the span of an entire month. AN ENTIRE MONTH. And he didn't play Fields more in that time either, who's generally a better all-around player than both those guys if you take shooting away. In fact, Fields didn't even play during the worst part of Anderson's slump, when Ross also saw his minutes destroyed, because of the Gay trade and Casey's man-crush on Anderson.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        Stats wise he might have games where he hits shots, but he makes a LOT of mistakes on defense.
        DeRozan?

Comment

The D-league doesn't do anything unless you own that team where you can put forth a mandate to develop a certain player. When we sent Acy to the D-league it was mainly to get some sort of playing time. All the improvements he made on his game was when he was with the Raptors coaching staff.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            DeRozan?
            Both, but DeRozan less so
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

^ Think he's referring to the interview where DeRozan said Ross still makes a ton of mistakes on defence, haha

Comment

It's really up to how Ross handles himself in the event that he does get sent down. Some players work hard and work on their game knowing that a call back up could happen at any time. But at the same time other players that get sent down just seem to mope and whine and are completely off the NBA radar by the end of the year.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Both, but DeRozan less so
                  I disagree especially when considering DeRozan has 4 years experience.

Comment

His numbers are not great but Ross has shown flashes of brilliance. Being sent down is no big deal. If taken with the right attitude it should only motivate him to be a better player. I think he'll turn out to be a very good NBA player.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Trade him, seriously.

He's the one piece on the roster that doesn't factor in to be a big part of next years team but still has good trade value. If you can staple Ross to the corpse of Bargnani and get something half decent back then I'd do it in a second. His value will only go down if he's forced to play behind Gay/DD/Fields/AA (possibly) again for another year and honestly, I'm not sure that he'll ever be the impact player that many on this board believe he will.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        Trade him, seriously.

He's the one piece on the roster that doesn't factor in to be a big part of next years team but still has good trade value. If you can staple Ross to the corpse of Bargnani and get something half decent back then I'd do it in a second. His value will only go down if he's forced to play behind Gay/DD/Fields/AA (possibly) again for another year and honestly, I'm not sure that he'll ever be the impact player that many on this board believe he will.
                        This may be the right cause of action. It seems very unlikely deMar is traded Colangelo and Casey love him and He, Rudy, Amir and Lowry have really clicked together. Ross can be sold at a high prices for a good vet.

Slam Dunk Champion, crazy athleticism, Can shoot. Lots of teams need a wing. I'd be lying if I said I wouldnt be sad about him being traded though It may come back to bite us in the rear.

I dream he could be the 6th man though.

Comment

If Ross is what it takes to help facilitate a Bargnani trade, so be it.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

demar is more 6th man than ross tho which is the problem. guys who can score but not much else come off the bench(demar). but ross will be a better 2 way player and a more typical starting 2

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
                              demar is more 6th man than ross tho which is the problem. guys who can score but not much else come off the bench(demar). but ross will be a better 2 way player and a more typical starting 2
                              Ross is in no way a better 2-way player than DeMar. Both are pitiful on defense, but DeMar scores more, so he gets the starting nod. Ross is not ready at all to start for this team, he is like a poor man's DeMar with a deeper shot.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                                Trade him, seriously.

I think Raps. should hang on to him as tightly as possible. Yes, if the return is worth trading for he should be traded but he's far from just another player IMO. Derozan's value is pretty good and he is the guy who should be used to get rid of Bargnani. Maybe even Amir.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X