Was Tony Parker Almost A Raptor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Tony Parker Almost A Raptor?

I'm not sure if anyone attended Caribana this weekend, but while I was there, I spotted quite a few Toronto Raptors jerseys with #9 on the back and the name 'Parker'.
    I then went to National sports and there were a whole lot of them on the clearance rack along with Bosh, Turkoglu and Calderon jerseys. Seems somewhat odd. It made me wonder if there actually was a deal in the works for Tony Parker.

Really? That's certainly interesting if they did do something so premature like that.

Perhaps that was a deal they might of had in place if they were able to retain Bosh. After Chris left, I'm sure the incentive for Parker to come to Toronto had lessened for him.

Comment

Anthony Parker never wore #9 for the Raps? Seems silly.
      It's about money

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...ll-time_roster

anthony parker was the only parker to play for the raptors number 18.

you sure it wasnt just a family with custom jerseys and the last name parker or maybe they like spiderman and it was peter parker.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Calderon is on the clearance rack as well now? Seems like every sign points to him not being here come September. And yeah thats weird about the Parker jerseys, my guess is a custom jersey no company would make jerseys prematurely just to lose out and spend unnecessary costs in production.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto...ll-time_roster

anthony parker was the only parker to play for the raptors number 18.

you sure it wasnt just a family with custom jerseys and the last name parker or maybe they like spiderman and it was peter parker.
            I thought that was the case at first, but then I saw at least 10-15 people at the parade with the same jersey - some in black, some in white.. and seeing it on the racks at National Sports, it led to me believe that something was up.

Comment

That's very peculiar.

I guess Tony Parker doesn't have Twitter or else everyone would have heard about it (a trade in the works).
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I thought that was the case at first, but then I saw at least 10-15 people at the parade with the same jersey - some in black, some in white.. and seeing it on the racks at National Sports, it led to me believe that something was up.
                you sure you werent high

strange thing that id have to see to believe. ill google it.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

you sure you werent high

strange thing that id have to see to believe. ill google it.
                  I hadn't smoked yet

I wouldn't make this shit up for the sake of it. If you have a National Sports around your area or in Burlington/Oakville, then make a trip there. There still might be some of the Parker #9 jerseys around.

Comment

u didnt hear... they used the rest of the MLE on candice parker LOL

they were looking for someone to be the man & she fits the bill! LOL

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I hadn't smoked yet

I wouldn't make this shit up for the sake of it. If you have a National Sports around your area or in Burlington/Oakville, then make a trip there. There still might be some of the Parker #9 jerseys around.
                      why didnèt you ask who it was on the jersey if it was at national sport.

Comment

why didnèt you ask who it was on the jersey if it was at national sport.
                        I didn't ask because it's easy to put 2 and 2 together. I mean, Parker, #9. Check the NBA database for active players with the surname 'Parker' this season and see which ones wear #9. I don't know if there was something really in the works with San Antonio - that was just speculation on my part. I just found it odd there there would be a Raptors Parker #9 jerseys floating around..and that they were with the Bosh and Turkoglu jereys.

I don't think some hockey-crazed teen working a summer job at National Sports is gonna know who it was on the back jersey. They would just know that it's on sale. Outside of Bosh and maybe Calderon, you'd be hard pressed to find someone there who knows anything about Raptors basketball..or basketball in general for that matter.

Comment

Maybe they were mistakes? Someone could have dropped the ball? I don't think we should reading between the lines on this one but one alternate idea would be that when Parker played ball for Maccabi Tel Aviv he wore #8 and when he signed with Toronto #8 was already taken. Of course he chose to add a one to the front and take #18 but maybe some people chose to get the jump and produced some Parker #9 jerseys before the Raptors press conference that officially welcomed Anthony Parker? Who knows and really it doesn't matter because neither Parker is in Toronto...

Comment

Ha, that reasoning seems pretty far fetched as well. But either way they're definitely mistakes.

I guess if I had a choice between Bosh, Hedo and someone named Parker...I'd go with Parker too. Though I'd love to find a Garbajosa jersey.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

well, apollo, i care because quite frankly there aint a whole hell of alot else to talk about.

i thought about this and the only rational explanation i can come up with is raptors summer league jerseys and it was on clearance because well itès summer league and because smush parker doesnt play for the raps summer league team no more.

therefore, it was a smush parker summer league jersey. not sure why people bought it maybe they figured it was an ap jersey and it was on clearance. some foreigners who were trying to blend in so they bought a cheap raptors jersey.

caribana=attraction=foreigners= i guess raptor jersey sales from cheap stores that nobody goes to.

Comment

Working...
                              X