No announcement yet.

Cleveland Cans - Draft night thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Cans - Draft night thoughts?

Is it safe to say that the Cleveland Cavnadians did what the Toronto Internationalaptors should've done? Lowry's leaving us I think it's safe to say.. S&T most likely because he respects the city and organization to leave us empty handed, but not gonna waste his prime years on a non contender. We are still a playoff team but we are not a very good one.. I think lowry leaving helps us more in the 3-5 year range then it obviously it does today. Thoughts? Quick rebuild or roster blowup?

We'll be fine. If Lowry leaves there are still options. Vasquez would do a decent job IMO. Could make a run at Bledsoe, or even Rondo with boston drafting Smart. There are alot of PG's around, many drafted tonight so I don't think losing Lowry will put us across the tanking threshold. The team should still be competitive next season, but likely with a lower seed without Lowry, which really shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

What makes you say that? I actually believe that Lowry, Greivis, 2pat are actually returning based on tonight's draft picks. I don't buy these ESPN crap rumours about the S&T with Rupaul coming back and stuff. Masai does his operations very secretively. No one saw the Bargs and Gay trade until the day the trades themselves occurred.

Comment

The Cavs traded for Powell (45th pick). They now have 4 Canadian's on their roster.

Comment

all I know is they are now my second team ...Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson...they got more than half of Canadian national team starting 5 on their roster.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
            What makes you say that? I actually believe that Lowry, Greivis, 2pat are actually returning based on tonight's draft picks. I don't buy these ESPN crap rumours about the S&T with Rupaul coming back and stuff. Masai does his operations very secretively. No one saw the Bargs and Gay trade until the day the trades themselves occurred.
            Not even an ESPN rumor. Bucher was fired by ESPN. He's making shit up trying to stay relevant. He seriously said Miami will sign and trade for both Lowry and Melo. That is fucking impossible, and should let you know what horseshit the rumor was to begin with.

Comment

4 Canadians now on Cavs roster
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I personally don't believe the MIA rumors... it might sound crazy but bosh > lowry.. bosh starting with amir backup would be best depth 4 in the league or we trade amir and keep ppat either way. Bosh is not a banger big but him with bigger offensive role plus Jonas in the paint I think would be a better team then this years... but still not a contender by a long shot. There new prospect seems very interesting.. with his physical traits he could've gone to ncaa this year and be a lottery pick next year.. I can definatly say this offseason the Raptors are at the fork in the road.

Comment

one to wrote: View Post
                  Is it safe to say that the Cleveland Cavnadians did what the Toronto Internationalaptors should've done? Lowry's leaving us I think it's safe to say.. S&T most likely because he respects the city and organization to leave us empty handed, but not gonna waste his prime years on a non contender. We are still a playoff team but we are not a very good one.. I think lowry leaving helps us more in the 3-5 year range then it obviously it does today. Thoughts? Quick rebuild or roster blowup?
                  Why? Because the American media told you so? (I did not mean to like your comment.. I just dont know how to unlike it)
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Why? Because the American media told you so? (I did not mean to like your comment.. I just dont know how to unlike it)
                    What if he read it on Sportsnet or the BBC, would that make it OK?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      What if he read it on Sportsnet or the BBC, would that make it OK?
                      Not if they are just quoting Ric Bucher

Comment

Less draft night more press day; Wiggins wears my number.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Interesting, unlike option is gone indeed. I seem to remember unliking posts in the past.

Comment

I thought clicking on "like this post" again unlikes/removes your id.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I thought clicking on "like this post" again unlikes/removes your id.
                              Well, the option to click 'like this post' has disappeared after Ive liked it, rendering it impossible to unlike it.

Comment

Working...
                              X