X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger Power Rankings: Raps 18th

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/page/2

And you know, for the record I usually look at these things and go "WTF??"

It's sad that being ranking 18th in the mad scientist's brain is considered a positive so far this season.

Anyone want to explain these rankings a little?

Or we can talk about the 2011 Draft even though it's November or how we should fire Triano. Whatever you like.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Have you seen how some of the other teams are doing? Minnesota and Milwaukee are both shooting under 40% AS A TEAM! A lot of teams stink out there, but I don't agree with teams like Utah and Oklahoma being ranked below the Raptors.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Heat over Lakers? :/
      Houston 1-5 and ranked 9th...

Comment

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insid...3fcolumnist%3d

This is the explanation to his ranking system, no?

Comment

Dammit I hate these low life teams (Clipper, Wolves, etc), they get a top 5 pick every year and they STILL fail to get wins. They never get out of the basement so unless you field a d-league team you aren't going to get a top pick.

I mean if this is how we are going to play; be good enough to not be in the basement, and not good enough to get a playoff spot, I wonder WTF is the point then?! surely Barney isn't enternainment unless your really high, actually, I prefer watching the REAL Barney show stoned than the crap they call Il "Bitch" Mago.

Comment

Hmmm. I should have read that explanation before. Makes more sense now, especially when you look at scoring margin. Raps have at least PRETTY close on most of the losses. Also taking into account the sched, Lakers have had a fairly easy sched so far.

And Matt, it's not always that way. The worst team in the league rarely gets the top pick if u look at the history. But the worst is being in that no-mans land of not quite playoffs and not good enough for a draft pick (see Pacers).
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
              Dammit I hate these low life teams (Clipper, Wolves, etc), they get a top 5 pick every year and they STILL fail to get wins. They never get out of the basement so unless you field a d-league team you aren't going to get a top pick.

I mean if this is how we are going to play; be good enough to not be in the basement, and not good enough to get a playoff spot, I wonder WTF is the point then?! surely Barney isn't enternainment unless your really high, actually, I prefer watching the REAL Barney show stoned than the crap they call Il "Bitch" Mago.
              It's a lottery. You don't have to be one of the bottom three teams to get one of the top three players. I'm pretty sure the Raptors will finish in the bottom 6 or 7, which means they'll have a pretty good chance at getting in the top three.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The explanation of how the ranking works makes a fair bit of sense. But this is still a limited tool in estimating the successes that teams will have. For example, I wonder how a win for Utah tonight (in Miami) will effect their ranking by Mr. Hollinger? A 20th ranking for Utah was not accurate of their talent level before tonight.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  It's a lottery. You don't have to be one of the bottom three teams to get one of the top three players. I'm pretty sure the Raptors will finish in the bottom 6 or 7, which means they'll have a pretty good chance at getting in the top three.
                  Yeah but it wouldn`t hurt to have more of the percentage drop our way. All Im saying is this team should make up its mind, either try hard EVERY night or at least win at home. but dont give 6 straight losses, then 4 straights wins to get my hopes up, and then shoot me again with 8 straight losses, that is effin depressing.

Comment

Yeah but it wouldn`t hurt to have more of the percentage drop our way. All Im saying is this team should make up its mind, either try hard EVERY night or at least win at home. but dont give 6 straight losses, then 4 straights wins to get my hopes up, and then shoot me again with 8 straight losses, that is effin depressing.
                    Follow sports much?
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tanking is what's wrong with the NBA.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

ESPN power rankings dont mean a damn thing lol

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                          ESPN power rankings dont mean a damn thing lol
                          Thanks for that insightful comment. I just thought it was interesting since his rankings come from primarily a math/statistical standpoint.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                            Thanks for that insightful comment. I just thought it was interesting since his rankings come from primarily a math/statistical standpoint.
                            Im not going to waste time being insightful on a terrible thread...His rankings come from his own biased,made up faulty stats no need for any insight or intelligent discussion...all it needs is a quick and effective dismissal...

Comment

The one interesting stat is the Raptors .614 (4th highest) strength of schedule ranking. After Orlando and Miami games it may be top 3.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X