No announcement yet.

Bynum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a Hells naw!!!!! He seems like a cancer with his attitude.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

On a related 'unlikely Raptors deal involving star C' thought, I was reading a few rumors on ESPN/CNNSI that Orlando may be looking to move Howard "sooner rather than later". Obviously the Raptors have Valanciunas set to come over next season, but what if...

If Howard was willing to sign long-term with the Raptors to be 'the man' for an entire country, I'm curious what the consensus would be for a deal that would likely start with the Raps sending their 2012 lottery pick & Valanciunas & DeRozan to Orlando for Howard, thus using their entire $12M cap space to absorb his contract (some filler like Davis or JJ or Forbes might also need to go to Orlando for salary purposes). A Raptors starting lineup next season that could coneceivably start with Howard, Bargnani and Nash...

As good as Howard is and as interesting as a front court pairing of Howard/Bargnani might be, I'd personally be a little wary of throwing all the trade assets and cap space at one player. But an intriguing, albeit unlikely thought.

Comment

We have a better chance of landing Juwan Howard

Comment

are we finally at the point where we have exhausted all other discussion. Howard wants to leave a large market with no state income tax....he is not going to come to a smaller market with lube requiring taxes.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            On a related 'unlikely Raptors deal involving star C' thought, I was reading a few rumors on ESPN/CNNSI that Orlando may be looking to move Howard "sooner rather than later". Obviously the Raptors have Valanciunas set to come over next season, but what if...

If Howard was willing to sign long-term with the Raptors to be 'the man' for an entire country, I'm curious what the consensus would be for a deal that would likely start with the Raps sending their 2012 lottery pick & Valanciunas & DeRozan to Orlando for Howard, thus using their entire $12M cap space to absorb his contract (some filler like Davis or JJ or Forbes might also need to go to Orlando for salary purposes). A Raptors starting lineup next season that could coneceivably start with Howard, Bargnani and Nash...

As good as Howard is and as interesting as a front court pairing of Howard/Bargnani might be, I'd personally be a little wary of throwing all the trade assets and cap space at one player. But an intriguing, albeit unlikely thought.
            I think it will be easier to convince Bynum using the same reasoning rather than Howard.

I totally agree, FAs keep criticizing Canada for its taxes and weather, but what they dont get is that when they play in NY or LA, they get a state, when you play for Toronto, you get a country!

I would be more interested in seeing a JV/Bynum pairing than a Howard/Bargnani. That's just my opinion tho.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              We have a better chance of landing Juwan Howard
              haha I hope I made it abundantly clear that I gave it a 0.003% chance of actually happening! It just popped into my head as I was reading the article and just had that "what if" thought... lol

Comment

You did make it clear...I was just buggin' ya.

You raise some legit points regarding Howard. But as a sports fan, what he's done to the Magic franchise has left a very sour taste in my mouth (I feel especially bad for SVG).

As great of a talent Howard is, I can't say with certainty that I'd be happy to see him in Toronto (speaking purely about his character).

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  If Bynum is willing to bolt LA, should the Raps be interested?

What do you guys think?

Bynum for Calderon and Bargnani?
                  In a heartbeart. JV can learn on the job or play him at the 4 until you feel comfortable he can handle NBA 5's.

I beleive Bynum is in the player option year of his contract (I could be wrong)? If so, not much risk involved.

The only issue with this is the Lakers have NO interest in giving up Bynum for Bargnani and Calderon. They would be considered a laughing stock for making such a poor trade

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I would not give up any assets for Bynum.

He is a great player but he is also a great pain in the bottom.
                    Maybe, but with one year left on a hefty expiring deal, and you get rid of Bargnani's contract you don't see the benefits in this? The only thing is I would have liked Jose to resign on a more cap friendly deal after his contract expires.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                      In a heartbeart. JV can learn on the job or play him at the 4 until you feel comfortable he can handle NBA 5's.

I beleive Bynum is in the player option year of his contract (I could be wrong)? If so, not much risk involved.

The only issue with this is the Lakers have NO interest in giving up Bynum for Bargnani and Calderon. They would be considered a laughing stock for making such a poor trade
                      I'm not a huge Bargnani fan, but if we traded Calderon and Bargnani for Bynum, and Bynum leaves after one year, you have basically given Bargnani away for nothing. I think Bargnani could fetch a lot more than 1 year of Bynum's services.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'm not a huge Bargnani fan, but if we traded Calderon and Bargnani for Bynum, and Bynum leaves after one year, you have basically given Bargnani away for nothing. I think Bargnani could fetch a lot more than 1 year of Bynum's services.
                        Thats the selling point for me. It's win-win.

What is Bargnani worth around the league anyways? No one knows and I'm beginning to think it's because no one offers anything of significance to even banter about it. Bynum is an all-star (with poor medical history mind you) while Andrea is not (and starting to develop some injury conerns of his own).

If Bynum works out you have arguably a top 2 centre (he's much better than Howard offensively) playing on your team. He doesn't work, you have sign and trade options and in the worse case scenario he up and leaves you have cap space and the rebuild continues the way it should, but you got Bargnani's contract officially off the books, which I think is a positive going forward for this team.

We need to take chances with talents that are franchise changers and if they don't work (we know Bynum is immature at this point of his career), clean the slate and continue trying to acquire game-changing talent. The best player in that fictional trade is by far Bynum. I'll take my chances with the better player all the time.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Unless the goal is to dump cap you should never trade for an expiring contract. I would suspect a contract extension would be required first and it's a pretty common thing in this age.

Comment

I would trade any combination of players on this team for Bynum. Hell, I would trade all of the players on this team for Bynum (I'm only slightly exaggerating, too). A 20-12 centre who distorts the game for any of the detritus on this roster? Kuphcak would have me at hello...

Point's moot because the Raptors don't have the assets to make the trade (Hey Mitch, do you really want Dwight Howard? I've Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan and Andrea Bargnani! Hello, Mitch, hello? Ah, we got cut off...). Even if the Lakers went crazy and did that deal with Toronto, what makes anyone think that Bynum would sign here long term?

Comment

I totally agree, FAs keep criticizing Canada for its taxes and weather, but what they dont get is that when they play in NY or LA, they get a state, when you play for Toronto, you get a country!
                              But it's not their country, and that's the way they probably look at it.

Howard and Bynum are not going to be in a Raps jersey. Valanciunas is their C of the near future, and I think they'll keep the seat warm with Gray in the meantime. They have other needs that need more immediate attention.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                I would trade any combination of players on this team for Bynum. Hell, I would trade all of the players on this team for Bynum (I'm only slightly exaggerating, too). A 20-12 centre who distorts the game for any of the detritus on this roster? Kuphcak would have me at hello...

Point's moot because the Raptors don't have the assets to make the trade (Hey Mitch, do you really want Dwight Howard? I've Jose Calderon, Demar Derozan and Andrea Bargnani! Hello, Mitch, hello? Ah, we got cut off...). Even if the Lakers went crazy and did that deal with Toronto, what makes anyone think that Bynum would sign here long term?
                                Bynum is the second best center in the league. People question his attitude but he publicly states he wants to play where he is most wanted. Unlike the top center in the league who states the opposite. Yet every Raptors fan would jump on board the idea of D12 coming here long term.

Bynum's teammates like him.
                                Howard's teammates don't like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X