This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Micheal Phelps
    lol, my buddies are I were having a discussion about swimming just last night, and concluded that it's a stupid sport. There's nothing wrong with the freestyle events, but what's the point of the other strokes?

It's like having sprinting events backpedaling, doing side-steps, and skipping.

"Usain Bolt just set a world record in the 100m skips!!! 13.78 seconds!!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Jet Li? wait i thought u were a dude
      Hey man, it's the 20th century

Comment

1) Age: 16
        2) Born: Vancouver, British Columbia
        3) Hometown: Burnaby, British Columbia
        4) What are your ethnic roots? Filipino
        5) Favorite All time Raptor: Alvin Williams
        6) Favorite Current Raptor: Jose Calderon
        7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo
        8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Boston Celtics
        9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Javale Mcgee
        10) Favorite Raptors moment: Hiring Dwane Casey.
        11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Henrik Sedin
        12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Been following Raptors since 07', only live games constantly played, but my Dad was a big Laker fan, and still is, so I used to follow the Lakers.
        13) What is your guilty pleasure? Surfing the internet to watch childhood shows like Power Rangers.... Yeah.. :S
        14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Hawaii Five-O, NCIS:LA, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a half men, ABDC, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Cosby Show.
        15) Things that freak you out: Snakes.
        16) Music preference: Rap & R&B.
        17) Favourite album: Fan of a Fan by Chris Brown/Tyga.
        18) Beverage preference: BUBBLE TEA.
        19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? *sigh* Hard one. Some Filipino actor named Gerald Anderson.
        20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? MELANIE IGLESIAS. But that's an easy one. Being a young guy, I take Allie DeBerry, which most of the 'veterans' will not know.
        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 04:31 PM.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Hey man, it's the 20th century
          your point is?

Comment

I never knew that his forum was so... old?
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              I never knew that his forum was so... old?
              Yeah I know right...these guys are good at sounding young...

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                Yeah I know right...these guys are good at sounding young...
                tell me about it

Comment

us three are like the youngest

Comment

Never knew there were 16-20 year olds, felt like the youngest at the St. Louis Draft Party
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      your point is?
                      Speaking of sounding young....

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        Never knew there were 16-20 year olds, felt like the youngest at the St. Louis Draft Party
                        I'd feel like a kid and probably so would Red and Reuben

Comment

Speaking of sounding young....
                          haha i know what u meant man don't worry

Comment

1) Age: 20
                            2) Born: India
                            3) Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
                            4) What are your ethnic roots? Indian
                            5) Favorite All time Raptor: Garbajosa
                            6) Favorite Current Raptor: JV...even though he has not played for once second as a raptor
                            7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Dirk, KD
                            8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Heat
                            9) Which NBA player to you hate the most? Garnett
                            10) Favorite Raptors moment: Anthony Parker hitting that 3 in Washington to tie the game (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! IT'S NOT POSSIBLE BUT HE DID IT AGAIN!!!)
                            11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Steven Gerrard
                            12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? Was not into bball before 2006. A BIG liverpool fan
                            13) What is your guilty pleasure? Video Games
                            14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Community, Arrested Development, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Wilfred, The Office, Freaks and Geeks
                            15) Things that freak you out: Spiders
                            16) Music preference: Punk rock, Rap
                            17) Favourite album: "Dookie" by Green Day
                            18) Beverage preference: Iced Tea
                            19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? The skinny guy from Superbad perhaps
                            20) Assume your still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Scarlett Johansson
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

1) Age: 35
                              2) Born: Philippines
                              3) Hometown: Toronto, ON
                              4) What are your ethnic roots? Filipino
                              5) Favorite All time Raptor: Parker and Garbajosa
                              6) Favorite Current Raptor: Calderon and Bargnani
                              7) Favorite Non Raptors Players: Stockton, Magic, Hondo and the Pistol
                              8) Which NBA team do you hate the most? Miami Heat
                              9) Which NBA player do you hate the most? LBJ and D12
                              10) Favorite Raptors moment: VC's missed final shot of the 01 East Semis. Thought to be a preview of things to come...
                              11) Outside of basketball, who is your favorite athlete, past or present? Bobby Fisher
                              12) What team did you cheer for pre-Toronto? 80's Lakers and 90's Jazz
                              13) What is your guilty pleasure? Fantasy Sports
                              14) Favourite TV show (past or present): Dexter, Jeopardy
                              15) Things that freak you out: Terrorists and racists
                              16) Music preference: Rock, Metal, Rap
                              17) Favourite album: TEN; Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic; Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness; Hybrid Theory
                              18) Beverage preference: Vodka
                              19) If your life was turned into a movie, what actor would play you? Johnny Depp
                              20) Assume you're still single (if your currently not), celeb wise who would you date? Kate Beckinsale and/or Arianny Celeste

Comment

lol, my buddies are I were having a discussion about swimming just last night, and concluded that it's a stupid sport. There's nothing wrong with the freestyle events, but what's the point of the other strokes?

It's like having sprinting events backpedaling, doing side-steps, and skipping.

"Usain Bolt just set a world record in the 100m skips!!! 13.78 seconds!!!
                                Different strokes exercise different parts of your body. Aside from that, there are certain advantages too: the breastroke gives you excellent visibility; the backstroke avoids any breathing issues and the butterfly is the most fun but physically demanding stroke; are some of them.

You really can't compare all of swimming to "sprinting" since sprinting is only one of the events of athletics aside from the long jump, high jump, discus, shotput, etc. So if swimming has other events aside from the freestyle, athletics has other events too aside from sprinting.

Sorry but as a swim fan, I just had to put my two cents in.
                                Last edited by JStockton; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X