• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider the source...

Comment

bearvon wrote: View Post
      Consider the source...
      I know, right?
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I like this trade for all the teams, actually. Indy said they were going to spend and do whatever it takes to be a contender, Toronto gets a exciting allstar and doesn't give up it's pick (that we know of) and Memphis sheds a massive contract while getting a extremely promising young star and serious scoring odd the bench.

The one thing that I question is Indy giving up George. I was under the impression they were really high on him. Like, REALLY high on him. Mayo and Henry make them a much better/deeper team but the way they were rambling on about their boners for George it seems kinda weird.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If Bosh was not worth max money than neither is Rudy Gay. At least Bosh has made an all star team. Sure Gay has had more competition playing out in the West, but what has he really accomplished with the Griz? The team excelled in the playoffs but he wasn't even playing.

With the new CBA looming, I think its a bad time to take on someone like Gay. I personally hope the trade doesn't go through.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            Is Rudy a top 10 SF in the league.
            Yes, but its the 2nd worst position in terms of talent. And my God is he overpaid. I'd rather have Paul George tbh. But considering what we're giving up, I'd take that deal for sure.

I doubt that this goes down though.

Comment

Guys, get over the money. CBA negotiations have led to talks of all salaries getting clawed back significantly.

Comment

Man I hope this goes through. With this trade going down we would actually have a shot of being a good defensive team.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rudy Gay's defensive stats:

1.1blk/game.
                  1.7stl/game.
                  Opp. PER: 12.6.

That's elite defense.

He's also only 24.

Fuck yes, do this trade.

Comment

He is also coming off an injury. Which I don't know much about, and since no one is talking about, I am thinking its not a big deal. ...but just to be sure, how bad was this injury? Could it have long term consequences for Gay?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If Bosh was not worth max money than neither is Rudy Gay. At least Bosh has made an all star team. Sure Gay has had more competition playing out in the West, but what has he really accomplished with the Griz? The team excelled in the playoffs but he wasn't even playing.

With the new CBA looming, I think its a bad time to take on someone like Gay. I personally hope the trade doesn't go through.
                      he helped get the grizz to the playoffs. bosh had less talent around him, but really, how hard is it to make the 8th seed in the east? the past years, anyways.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

bayless/derozen/gay/amir/ed is a hell of a starting lineup imo. throw in a guy like Knight or Kanter and a FA along with JJ and Kleiza coming off the bench, that's a playoff team right there.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                          He is also coming off an injury. Which I don't know much about, and since no one is talking about, I am thinking its not a big deal. ...but just to be sure, how bad was this injury? Could it have long term consequences for Gay?
                          from what i remember, serious from a season standpoint but not a career. it won't limit him down the road, which is a good thing.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've just got two words for ya, and this guy always says it best:

Comment

Rudy Gay said he is no longer using a sling on his surgically repaired left shoulder.
                              Gay was set for 4-6 months of rehab after getting shoulder surgery about two months ago. Considering it's his non-shooting shoulder and direct pounding on it is rare, we're not expecting any medical issues going forward.
                              http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1257/rudy-gay
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would not normally be into going after Gay, because I think he's just massively overpaid, but if the Raptors can get him for Bargnani, Calderon and Barbosa, then I don't think they can not do it. I'd rather pay Gay what he's getting paid than pay Bargnani and Calderon what they're getting paid together. Personally, I'd rather keep Calderon for now, but I don't see the deal happening without him.

Gay isn't perfect, but he's young, highly skilled and has a positive effect whenever he's on the floor. And he's a better defensive player than his reputation. This past season, he held his opponent to an 11.2 PER, which is excellent. That's the second best on the team behind only Battier.

Let's all make Toronto a Gay-friendly city!
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X