No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Crap, since acquiring Gay, Raps blow out the Clippers, lose a 4th quarter lead to Boston, get edged by Miami, Outplay the Hornets, Get a Game Winner against Indiana, and a Game winner against Denver, then simply lock down on the Knicks.

In foresight, this stretch was going to spell the end of the season for us... These are quality teams. I cant wait to see what Toronto can do during the easier stretch coming up!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Gay does a whole lot more for the team than just score and hit the big shot, draws so much attention and his D is a lot better than it was in Memphis so engaged really wants to be a Raptor it seems.

All stars do more than score the ball, just glad that everyone is taking advantage of the scoring opps when he is on the floor.

Comment

• He had a key stop against a Carmelo breakaway. Yay, points. Hmm, I'd take the win with him scoring 10 pts. and giving defensive intangibles all night long rather than him dropping 45pts and the team loses. More importantly, the fans that are grumbling about his poor shooting is reflective of some fans' fascination with Bargnani's scoring prowess. Here's the difference between the two: Gay defends and rebounds even when things aren't going his way offensively. As for Bargs, he's indifferent defensively when he's scoring and doesn't give two fucks defensively when he's not scoring.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Ya Gay's offense clearly wasnt on tonight but he still contributed you could tell that he was bothered but never gave up on other ways he could help the team. When Bargnani isnt scoring he is literally producing nothing. he doesnt even give a hard foul around the basket.... Bargnani is a cancer please Doctor remove it!

Rudy Gay is rallying the troops, Bargnani probably doesnt have anything to say in huddles too. Hes awful. Best thing about trading him is no more goddam Primo commercial they must be so ashamed running that when he is the least valuable guy on the roster.

Comment

• In his first 6 games his gone up against some good defenses. That's the only reasoning I can think about. His a career. 455 field goal shooter.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think we need to stop overlooking his shooting percentages, he's being asked to shoulder A LOT of shots since his arrival.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Rudy's fg% should come back up, but I think people are highly, highly overrating his "clutch ability"... nevermind that I think "clutch" is a statistical anomaly anyway based on small sample size and every possession matters equally.

One year (might've been their championship year), the Mavs were winning virtually every close game and everybody was talking up how good they were in the clutch and how focused they were and how money Dirk was and the next season, they were right back to being around .500 in close games.

Relax. It's been seven games into Rudy's career with the Raptors.

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
                  Rudy's fg% should come back up, but I think people are highly, highly overrating his "clutch ability"... nevermind that I think "clutch" is a statistical anomaly anyway based on small sample size and every possession matters equally.

One year (might've been their championship year), the Mavs were winning virtually every close game and everybody was talking up how good they were in the clutch and how focused they were and how money Dirk was and the next season, they were right back to being around .500 in close games.

Why should we? He's clearly shown more, and has exceeded our expectations since his arrival.

Comment

• Why should you what? o_O

Again, it's been seven games. Extremely small sample size, obviously.

Comment

Rudy's fg% should come back up, but I think people are highly, highly overrating his "clutch ability"... nevermind that I think "clutch" is a statistical anomaly anyway based on small sample size and every possession matters equally.

We have a 19 game sample size where the Raptors are 1-18 versus +.500 teams.

We now have a 6 game sample size with Gay where the Raptors are 4-2 versus +.500 teams.

That is enough for me but I admit I might be easily impressed given the last few years of Raptor basketball.

Comment

• ^ The Bobcats started the season 7-5 and everybody thought Mike Dunlap had a good shot at COY.

They have gone 5-35 since.

Comment

^ The Bobcats started the season 7-5 and everybody thought Mike Dunlap had a good shot at COY.

That's because they're the Bobcats. You are speaking to a team's progression, compared to a guy's individual impact on a team, which is already fairly talented.
                          Anyways, yes, it is a small sample size, but Rudy Gay is a talented, elite player. It's not Linsanity-esque... We know what he is capable of doing, and the potential.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            4-21 today. This is getting ridiculously bad. I know he's going to get credit but we wouldn't have gotten this win if it hasn't been for Lucas, AA and Demar stepping up.
                            Holy fuck who do you want the Raps to trade for? Superman?

Here's the difference:

Demar - 4 of 16 against OKC, LOSS
                            Bargnani - 2 of 19 against SAS, LOSS

Gay - 4 of 21 against NYK, WIN

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                              Holy fuck who do you want the Raps to trade for? Superman?

Here's the difference:

Demar - 4 of 16 against OKC, LOSS
                              Bargnani - 2 of 19 against SAS, LOSS

Gay - 4 of 21 against NYK, WIN
                              He's truly a presence. Elite talent, that boosts a team. So many complaining, we are 5-2 since the deal...

Comment

^ The Bobcats started the season 7-5 and everybody thought Mike Dunlap had a good shot at COY.

And lets look at their opponents during that stretch:

Fri, Nov 2 vs Indiana W 90-89

Sat, Nov 3 @ Dallas L 126-99

Wed, Nov 7 vs Phoenix L 117-110

Fri, Nov 9 @ New Orleans L 107-99

Sat, Nov 10 vs Dallas W 101-97 OT

Tue, Nov 13 vs Washington W 92-76

Wed, Nov 14 @ Minnesota W 89-87

Sat, Nov 17 vs Memphis L 94-87

Mon, Nov 19 vs Milwaukee W 102-98

Wed, Nov 21 vs Toronto W 98-97

Fri, Nov 23 vs Atlanta L 101-91

Sat, Nov 24 @ Washington W 108-106 OT

Indiana struggled to start year at 3-6 and have since been very impressive.
                                Dallas x2, NO, PHX, WSH x 2, Toronto (horrible to start year and blown call at end of game), MIN (injuries) have all proven to be weak teams this season.

I think it is safe to say it was an easy schedule to start the year with 8 of 12 games at home as well.

Raps have gone 5-2 with 6 games vs. teams +.500 including 2-0 on the road where teams were combined 40-13.

Comment

Working...
                                X