The Raptors Will Do Just Fine Without Bosh - U Can Bet He Was Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPT23 wrote: View Post
    IMO, I think Demar's game winning shot will come from the charity strip. He's got the knack in getting there...
    Yea but he needs to work on the free throws. It seems like whenever I watch the Raps play his FT% is off. He'll get better as he grows older though.

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    We are not a better team without Bosh. But we finally have a chance to become a better team. No doubt Bosh was a great player, he was a night in night out 20 10 guy. But now without him, we have a lot more flexibility and we can actually try and become a winning team. Bosh was good, but he limited us to having him, and only him. He demanded the ball, a lot of money and we could not put a good supporting cast around him.

We would never be able to improve with Bosh, but only stay "okay". Now we have a chance to explode with talent and win the NBA Championship!!! (kidding)
    That's completely disagree. We could've easily been a much better team had the RIGHT pieces been put around him.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Mon Nov 22, 2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
      That's completely disagree. We could've easily been a much better team had the RIGHT pieces been put around him.
      Thing is that we couldn't because we would not have the cap room to do so. If you say "through the draft", that's is also unlikely because with Bosh we would probably only ever get 14-17 picks. Now Bosh is a good player, but by no means a leader or a franchise player. It would have been impossible to make Toronto a more than average team with him. Unless we someone kept on getting steals in the draft.

If with Bosh we were considered an average team, it means that with him we would have most likely been always an average team. He put up the numbers year in, year out yet the same outcome (apart from the Jorge year) 8th seed, and out of the first round.

Even if we could, and that's a pretty huge could, have been a better team with Bosh, I love our current team. And honestly, if I could go back in time, and actually chose between this years team and last years, I'd take this years.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post

Come on the Raptors tried to get the pieces around him, with Bosh having the ball in 90% of the offense, was not going to work. He was a selfish player with the Raptors and did not leave space to develop other guys Bargnani in primis.
        With Bosh the team will be still playing a one man basketball type of offense.

Comment

Working...
        X