• Reggie Wins SI NBA Players Poll

WHO IS THE DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE NBA?

Reggie Evans, Raptors F 21%

Ron Artest, Lakers F 13%

Andres Nocioni, Kings F 6%

Anderson Varejao, Cavs C 5%

Kobe Bryant, Lakers G 4%
    http://images.si.com/vault/article/m...6789/index.htm
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That poll is arbitrary.

People just vote from what they remember of one or two incidents and everyone remember's Reggie grabbing Kaman's balls.

If Bruce Bowen was still playing basketball, he would have been chosen first overall even though he wasn't as dirty as he was in the last 2 years of his career.

As far as dirty teams goes, I vote for either Atlanta or Boston.

Comment

The Raptors have been so soft for so long that I actually take this as a positive :S
      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        People just vote from what they remember of one or two incidents and everyone remember's Reggie grabbing Kaman's balls.
        Exactly. From what I've seen this year there is no way that he is even remotely the dirtiest player in the league.

Comment

Chris Paul
          nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
            Chris Paul
            Really? Why?

Comment

Reggie is the kind of player who's loved by his teammates and hated by opposing players.
              RR OG

Comment

Reggie Evans already back to his ball-grabbing ways

There was another way he made an impression that wasn’t reflected in the boxscore, as you can see in this photo of Evans guarding Sixers center Samuel Dalembert in his own special way. Clippers center Chris Kaman is all too familar with Evans’ brand of “hands-on” defence and it’s strangely comforting to see that all the time off hasn’t made him change his ways — you know, now that he’s on our side.
                http://blogs.thescore.com/nba/2010/0...abbing-ways-2/

Evans is like Laimbeer, Michael Cooper, D. Ainge, K. Garnett, R. Artest etc.

When they play for your team you just love their style of play, when they play against you, well you have a slightly different opinion of it.

I am sure if Evans played for another team and tried some of his defensive tactics on CB4, Raptors fans would have a totally different perspective of Evans style of play.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Great news! That is exactly what this team needs. We should be trying to bring in other players who received votes in this pole.
                  I Am Shutup

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    There was another way he made an impression that wasn’t reflected in the boxscore, as you can see in this photo of Evans guarding Sixers center Samuel Dalembert in his own special way. Clippers center Chris Kaman is all too familar with Evans’ brand of “hands-on” defence and it’s strangely comforting to see that all the time off hasn’t made him change his ways — you know, now that he’s on our side.
                    http://blogs.thescore.com/nba/2010/0...abbing-ways-2/
                    That was CLUTCH defense right there.

If you didn’t, it’s here.

But I’m going to fill you in on a little bit of stuff about that poll, which is the same one that said Sam Mitchell was the worst coach in the NBA a few years back, right before he got better players and was coach of the year, if I recall.

Anyway, here’s the deal (and I know this because I do some stringing work for SI every now and then and have done the polling that provides the answers).

Here’s how it works some times, and there are usually 12 or 15 questions we’re supposed to ask as many players as we can.

We ask things like, who’s the dirtiest player in the league and get blank stares.

We say, “well, Reggie Evans is getting some love from the other guys’ and the fellow says, “yeah, okay, put him down.”

Voila. Two votes for Reggie.

Seriously, it’s all in fun but it’s hardly serious. Or scientific.
                    Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      Dave wrote: View Post
                      Chris Paul
                      Really? Why?
                      Chris Paul hacks away at his opponents every single night. Particularly when he's playing help defense against big men. He gets away with it because he's small. If he was a foot taller he'd lead the league in fouls. He delivers more blows to opponents than anyone else.

The most infamous of his actions -- link
                      nbaroundtable

Comment

If Paul was a foot taller he would probably play defense differently.

Comment

“I would say it’s a compliment,” Evans said. “Hey, at least they’re talking about me.”
                          SLAM! Sports

Comment

Working...
                          X