Absolutely no surprise here but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    that really only showed that in order to beat 3 stars, you have to have a plethora of championship vets and the best coach of pretty much any sport in the whole world.

why would love have to be bosh? it was bosh that had to change his whole game to fit into miami. love being himself is exactly what lebron needs.
    Bosh imo actually got his wish of being a jump shooter instead of banging with the big boys inside, no homo. I can't forget how he would attempt lazy jumpers a lot of times instead of taking it strong when he was here. The Oak Tree called out management for overpaying a jump shooter after his extension, and Shaq called him the RuPaul of big men.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Bosh imo actually got his wish of being a jump shooter instead of banging with the big boys inside, no homo. I can't forget how he would attempt lazy jumpers a lot of times instead of taking it strong when he was here. The Oak Tree called out management for overpaying a jump shooter after his extension, and Shaq called him the RuPaul of big men.
      Confession: i never hated vince.
      Confession: i always hated bosh.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not even a little

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          that really only showed that in order to beat 3 stars, you have to have a plethora of championship vets and the best coach of pretty much any sport in the whole world.

why would love have to be bosh? it was bosh that had to change his whole game to fit into miami. love being himself is exactly what lebron needs.

The year the Raptors lost to A.I. in game seven, I truly believe that had they won that game they would have went to the finals and given the Lakers a run for their money. Such a team, even a better team, can be put together. Lenny was the wrong coach for V.C. and they still pulled off an exciting run to game seven.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Come on man, did you open wide when he figuratively spit in your face all those years ago?

Vince Carter is a pussy opportunist who didn't give a crap about his team or the fans. He tanked games and killed his trade value by causing a big stir. Screw Vince Carter, and anyone who is down with him must have either a.) never been a fan of the team back then or b.) has forgotten how badly he screwed the team.

Bosh is a tool but still, he left with dignity. He left as a man.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            The year the Raptors lost to A.I. in game seven, I truly believe that had they won that game they would have went to the finals and given the Lakers a run for their money. Such a team, even a better team, can be put together. Lenny was the wrong coach for V.C. and they still pulled off an exciting run to game seven.

Come on man, did you open wide when he figuratively spit in your face all those years ago?

Vince Carter is a pussy opportunist who didn't give a crap about his team or the fans. He tanked games and killed his trade value by causing a big stir. Screw Vince Carter, and anyone who is down with him must have either a.) never been a fan of the team back then or b.) has forgotten how badly he screwed the team.

Bosh is a tool but still, he left with dignity. He left as a man.
            Just so we're fair Bosh sat out important games with a broken face.
            Wince might have tanked his value but a moron pulled the trigger on the deal.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
              Just so we're fair Bosh sat out important games with a broken face.
              Wince might have tanked his value but a moron pulled the trigger on the deal.
              Oh how easily some of us forget. Vince Carter was an injury waiting to happen back then. He demanded a trade, tanked games and played up injuries and we know this because unless Jesus came back and healed him on the flight to Jersey there is no way to explain him miraculously being healed and jacking up HUGE numbers immediately after getting off the plane.

On one side you had a little piece of crap demanding a trade and killing his value while he spread PR killing venom all over Toronto and on the other side you had very hands on and demanding Raptors brass who didn't know their head from their ass in terms of hoops, pressuring a rookie GM into doing something immediately. Babcock was unqualified for the situation, hell, 95% of the league was. He opted to take the best deal he could at the time in order to save himself and it worked for a short time(as in, he didn't get fired right away). He stuck around for a little bit but the team was wrecked because they whole thing was built around Carter and those high priced pieces with long contracts who needed Carter to shine. They got nothing back of real value because of how Carter handled himself(ie: ZERO class or integrity and no patients for the process or a sense of duty or concern for all those Toronto fans).

And FYI, Babcock was trying to get something done before the season but Carter came out and killed the Raptors' leverage; there were loud rumors that the Raptors were working with the Sonics for a Ray Allen/ Vince Carter swap before Carter leaked the trade requests and started acting like a f'head to the media.

Yeah, you're right. Bosh did shut it down and not risk further injury but he played out his contract. He didn't demand a trade or stage a holdout. He honored the agreement.

Comment

Man, I was beginning to think everyone had forgotten what Vince Carter did to screw this franchise. However, he really never led one to believe he was capable of anything other than any acting like a spoiled child. Bosh always carried himself well off the court, only to become a 16 year old girl telling everyone in high school that she had been asked so many times she really didn't know whom she would allow to take her to the prom. Really nice. Jeesh... 2 decades of being abused... hopefully ended with the Rudy trade.
                Last edited by meductic; Thu Oct 30, 2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  I still say Cavs partially implode and finish 8th.

1.) I don't think Love is ready to be Bosh

2.) I don't think Waiters will last

3.) Kyrie is lazy

4.) Verajao is an injury case

5.) Shawn Marion and Mike Miller are on victory laps.

our 10 through 15 is better our 6,7,8,9 is better and our starting 1,2, and 5 are better
                  Put me in your sig because I think you're also insane!

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                    Put me in your sig because I think you're also insane!
                    lol me too, you might dislike the Cavs, but they're a fucking good team.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I still say Cavs partially implode and finish 8th.

1.) I don't think Love is ready to be Bosh

2.) I don't think Waiters will last

3.) Kyrie is lazy

4.) Verajao is an injury case

5.) Shawn Marion and Mike Miller are on victory laps.

our 10 through 15 is better our 6,7,8,9 is better and our starting 1,2, and 5 are better
                      Ya this is pretty ridiculous. No team with Lebron could ever finish 8th. Guaranteed a home court team/Division champs at worst.

Comment

you are all being added to the SIG (which I started before the Kevin Love trade but have stubbornly stuck with)
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

you are all being added to the SIG (which I started before the Kevin Love trade but have stubbornly stuck with)
                          That's some DeRozan-like dedication to your craft

Comment

You realize even without Love. You can take LeBron + 76ers and that would be at least an 8th seed
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Oh how easily some of us forget. Vince Carter was an injury waiting to happen back then. He demanded a trade, tanked games and played up injuries and we know this because unless Jesus came back and healed him on the flight to Jersey there is no way to explain him miraculously being healed and jacking up HUGE numbers immediately after getting off the plane.

On one side you had a little piece of crap demanding a trade and killing his value while he spread PR killing venom all over Toronto and on the other side you had very hands on and demanding Raptors brass who didn't know their head from their ass in terms of hoops, pressuring a rookie GM into doing something immediately. Babcock was unqualified for the situation, hell, 95% of the league was. He opted to take the best deal he could at the time in order to save himself and it worked for a short time(as in, he didn't get fired right away). He stuck around for a little bit but the team was wrecked because they whole thing was built around Carter and those high priced pieces with long contracts who needed Carter to shine. They got nothing back of real value because of how Carter handled himself(ie: ZERO class or integrity and no patients for the process or a sense of duty or concern for all those Toronto fans).

And FYI, Babcock was trying to get something done before the season but Carter came out and killed the Raptors' leverage; there were loud rumors that the Raptors were working with the Sonics for a Ray Allen/ Vince Carter swap before Carter leaked the trade requests and started acting like a f'head to the media.

Yeah, you're right. Bosh did shut it down and not risk further injury but he played out his contract. He didn't demand a trade or stage a holdout. He honored the agreement.
                              Vince had changed his mind and told them he didn't want to get traded 24 hours before the trade. He didn't have to trade him.

Comment

Do you have supporting evidence because that was never reported at the time as far as I'm concerned. This is the first I ever heard of it.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X