Charlotte vs. Toronto, January 11th: Beware flying mouthpieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Lowry: "Not since College have I played for a team that sticks together and supports one another as well as we do. Toronto feels like home I love it."
    Where did you see/hear this from?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Kyle Lowry praised the Raptors starters post-game:

"It was a good game for us, the starters started us off well. It was a game we needed, we gave them away to them in Charlotte. We were in the same situation last weekend, but we won this one.
      We’re building. We’re learning. Every day is a new learning experience.
      (Playing with the lead). It is it definitely is hard, but we found a way to do it tonight. They had a couple of spurts, but we found a way to hit some shots and get the game back in our favour.
      We’ve got to play like that every night."

http://sulia.com/channel/toronto-rap...source=twitter
      nice

Comment

Raps now 1/2 game behind Philly for 9th.

Detroit beat Milwaukee tonight and are 1/2 game behind Toronto for 10th.

Raps 4.5 back of 8th.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
          Where did you see/hear this from?
          Josh Lewenberg Twitter feed.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Raps now 1/2 game behind Philly for 9th.

Detroit beat Milwaukee tonight and are 1/2 game behind Toronto for 10th.

Raps 4.5 back of 8th.
            And 8 games under .500!
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              My only concern from this game is Lowry.

Against Philly I had the same concern but not sure if I posted it or not.

There were times when guys were standing around. Not sure if Casey/Lowry were suppose to call a play. Not sure if guys were waiting for him to do something. Not sure if the blame is squarely on Lowry or at all. Regardless, movement is obviously paramount for this team and there have been sequences in the last 2 games with Lowry out there where movement has ceased. I hope someone who matters with the Raptors notices this. The reason why I single out Lowry here is because he is the point guard.
              yeah i did notice this too. I feel like calderon is more aggressive with calling out plays and telling guys what to do even if they play is broken. Also, even when he has the ball he is moving with a purpose. I'd like to see lowry be more of a floor general when he has the ball and also be a bit more aggressive.. i wonder if he has lost a bit of confidence. Early on this season he led the team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. I am just not seeing his swagger as much lately. I realize he has bought into team ball and looking to pass first and doesnt seem to be gambling as much on defense, and i like that, but i dont want him to lose his aggressivness altogether

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                yeah i did notice this too. I feel like calderon is more aggressive with calling out plays and telling guys what to do even if they play is broken. Also, even when he has the ball he is moving with a purpose. I'd like to see lowry be more of a floor general when he has the ball and also be a bit more aggressive.. i wonder if he has lost a bit of confidence. Early on this season he led the team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals. I am just not seeing his swagger as much lately. I realize he has bought into team ball and looking to pass first and doesnt seem to be gambling as much on defense, and i like that, but i dont want him to lose his aggressivness altogether
                I think there's something too this, but I also think that this is an important maturation process for Lowry. He needs to adjust his playstyle to a more classical point guard, both to fit in with the team, and to preserve his health. His early-season aggressive play was dangerous, and he wouldn't last a full season playing that way.

I'm glad to see him supporting the team and hopefully he'll learn a lot from Jose.

Comment

Working...
                X