Tomislav Zubcic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomislav Zubcic

Who can forget about this guy, his tearing it up in Euroleague. Perhaps we can bring him over next year to be our third string SF, I think he can be better than Steve Novak at least. A Poor man's Garbajosa or Andrea Bargnani.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKrX79yx2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl6gzn6rbKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQPmSSMSr4

Wait, do we own this guy? Never heard of him.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Also, I don't want Andrea Bargnani on this team, so I don't really want a poor mans version of him on the team.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We drafted him but he is overseas... Who cares though we have Bruno and yeah we dont need another Andrea

Comment

He is not tearing it up in Euroleague. He hasn't really done anything to improve. He's a "meh" player in Europe, and is not close to NBA ready.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            He is not tearing it up in Euroleague. He hasn't really done anything to improve. He's a "meh" player in Europe, and is not close to NBA ready.
            I thought he was a centre
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Meh. First highlight package was from 2010, the second was so grainy I couldn't tell who he was or what he was doing. The interview was in a language other than english... Croatian I am assuming. You could always write to Zach Lowe to get his opinion... he's Croatian so he might even respond! (also think he's spending his summer holidays there)
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                Meh. First highlight package was from 2010, the second was so grainy I couldn't tell who he was or what he was doing. The interview was in a language other than english... Croatian I am assuming. You could always write to Zach Lowe to get his opinion... he's Croatian so he might even respond! (also think he's spending his summer holidays there)
                Isn't he the Emergency Bargnani?

Here is a list of strengths or weaknesses...

Strengths:
                * Very good athlete for his height
                * Excellent size, length, mobility and agility
                * Solid shooter with long range
                * Outstanding ball handler for his position
                * High level potential
                Weaknesses:
                * Not strong or intense enough
                * Poor rebounder for his size
                * Questionable effort on defense

Ha... Emergency Bargnani indeed...

Comment

Zubčić's stats accumulated in 3 leagues (Eurocup/Adriatic League/Croatian League) for the 2013-2014 season:

63 (games) 19.9 (mins) 7.7 (points) 44.2% (fg%) 33.2% (3pt%) 3.6 (rebs) and MASSIVE 0.2 blocks per game. He had a total of 11 BLOCKS over 63 games. Not bad for a 7 footer. Why BC drafted this guy is beyond comprehension. He'll probably never even start for a half decent team in Europe.

There is no link to the stats. I accumulated them myself from the individual league websites.

Comment

I think drafting Zubcic was one of the JV buyout conditions (or influence of agents).. rumours were going like that at least. He was playing in JV team and was never really that good to be NBA prospect. But you should better ask Collangelo about it

I would just forget about him...

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                      Zubčić's stats accumulated in 3 leagues (Eurocup/Adriatic League/Croatian League) for the 2013-2014 season:

63 (games) 19.9 (mins) 7.7 (points) 44.2% (fg%) 33.2% (3pt%) 3.6 (rebs) and MASSIVE 0.2 blocks per game. He had a total of 11 BLOCKS over 63 games. Not bad for a 7 footer. Why BC drafted this guy is beyond comprehension. He'll probably never even start for a half decent team in Europe.

There is no link to the stats. I accumulated them myself from the individual league websites.
                      Some need to get over their hate for BC and move on. Zubcic will never see an NBA floor, but every team in the NBA has these stories of taking a flyer on a Euro prospect in the 2nd round that turns into nothing. Even the Spurs, with the likes of Robertas Javtokas, Sergei Karaulov, Damir Markota, Giorgos Printezis, Adam Hanga. They don't all turn into Ginoblis. That's pure luck, or they wouldn't have taken him at #57, while taking Leon Smith at #29.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                        Some need to get over their hate for BC and move on. Zubcic will never see an NBA floor, but every team in the NBA has these stories of taking a flyer on a Euro prospect in the 2nd round that turns into nothing. Even the Spurs, with the likes of Robertas Javtokas, Sergei Karaulov, Damir Markota, Giorgos Printezis, Adam Hanga. They don't all turn into Ginoblis. That's pure luck, or they wouldn't have taken him at #57, while taking Leon Smith at #29.
                        It was beyond comprehension because he was and still is a bad carbon copy of Bargnani. I never hated BC. He did an ok job until the end when he started to feel insecure about his job.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                          It was beyond comprehension because he was and still is a bad carbon copy of Bargnani. I never hated BC. He did an ok job until the end when he started to feel insecure about his job.
                          Fair enough, but he was still taking a flyer on a #56 pick, not a #1, and if you can get a guy with AB's size and skill set, but add some guts and hard work, you might have something. As I said, every GM has picks like that in their history.

Comment

Wow, I just remembered about this guy and decided to see what he's up to. Apparently we traded him for Luke Ridnour in the offseason, but now he's actually in the D League playing for OKC's team so he's getting closer to the NBA. Not too bad either, averaging 8 points and 5 rebounds in 20 minutes per game. What a great blast from the past.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              He is two years away from being two years away .

Comment

Working...
                              X