Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Jordan Vs. King James (Rodman's opinion in post #48)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Michael Jordan is one of the greatest defenders in league history. You don't hear that about LeBron.

If LeBron was as menacing as some describe then he should be averaging 40PPG...
    LeBron made first team all-defense for the 5th year in a row; he will be considered one of the greatest defenders in league history when it's all said and done.

He isn't the kind of player who wants to score as many points as possible. I have no clue what he could average if he wanted to.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      With Shaq and Hakeem, that's a different match-up (and I haven't seen enough of Hakeem). LeBron is very much capable of reasonably defending Jordan; the other way round seems much more difficult because of the strength and height difference.
      He let Paul George drive right buy him to posterize Birdman for an and one. He's a lazy defender, you people give him too much credit. Even Rudy Gay has his moments where he looks like a defensive pro but then he makes stupid ass mistakes and makes you forget about it.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        In a game up to 11, I take say it's LeBron 11, MJ 9.

Soft Euro is right, if LeBron takes him to the post, there's almost nothing Jordan can do about it.
        You do realize that JJ Barrea guarded him at a decent level in the post....
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          He let Paul George drive right buy him to posterize Birdman for an and one. He's a lazy defender, you people give him too much credit. Even Rudy Gay has his moments where he looks like a defensive pro but then he makes stupid ass mistakes and makes you forget about it.
          Comparing LeBron as a defensive player with Rudy Gay?

I got nothing.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
            You do realize that JJ Barrea guarded him at a decent level in the post....
            Got nothing here either.

Comment

Got nothing here either.
              Happened in the finals vs Mavs
              Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Happened in the finals vs Mavs
                Barea can't and didn't consistently defend LeBron in the post (of course). He did it mabye a couple (at most) of times in game 6 on switches?

Regardless, this series (and not because of Barea) was the main reason LeBron started working on his post game. His post game has evolved heaps and bounds. Did you watch yesterday's game?

Comment

Barea can't and didn't consistently defend LeBron in the post (of course). He did it mabye a couple (at most) of times in game 6 on switches?

Regardless, this series (and not because of Barea) was the main reason LeBron started working on his post game. His post game has evolved heaps and bounds. Did you watch yesterday's game?
                  I just mean if Barea can stop him on even an ocassion like that then, certainly Michael Jordan (one of the best defenders in the history) would be able to guard him in the post. I actually didn't catch yesterdays game though.

Comment

I just mean if Barea can stop him on even an ocassion like that then, certainly Michael Jordan (one of the best defenders in the history) would be able to guard him in the post. I actually didn't catch yesterdays game though.
                    Watch it and come back after. If you still think Barea can defend LeBron in the post, well ... I'll just have to admire that.

Comment

I do not know if I buy Lebron beating Michael in the post. Lebron is not at his best in the low post, and he only really ever seems "unstoppable" to me when he is on the break with a head of steam. I dont know if taking jump hooks and post moves will beat Jordan. He has a size advantage sure, but I do not think that is all that matters.

JJ Barea is one of our generations greatest post defenders, by the way.

Comment

No one is talking rules either. MJ got to the line 8.2 times per game. With these new rules that down allow for the same physical play, who knows how many times MJ would get to the line?

Comment

In a one on one game?

Comment

No one is talking rules either. MJ got to the line 8.2 times per game. With these new rules that down allow for the same physical play, who knows how many times MJ would get to the line?
                            Completely agree. MJ used to get bashed game in and game out. Now, if LeBron gets brushed, it's automatically two FT's.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

But the new rules also allow for the defense to play zone and protect the paint as a team. In MJ's day, guys stuck a lot closer to who they were defending because of the Illegal Defense rule. MJ got hacked more on the perimeter, but guys played him that way because they had no choice but to play him like that, in order to keep him from getting easy drives. They would be forced to do the same thing to LeBron. And if MJ were playing today, teams would back off and play more zone, where they guard the paint as a unit. So why would MJ get more free throws? Guys wouldn't go up on him on the perimeter anymore. THey'd dare him to take 3s and make it harder for lanes to open up to the basket.

Comment

I personally think LeBron is a better team player, considering the fact he's a great passer, great rebounder, great defender, great slasher, not to mention his already pass-first mentality.

One-on-one? There's seriously no discussion aloud in my opinion, I would take Michael Jordan a hundred times out of a hundred times. Better shooter, better ball-handler, post-moves were unguardable. He just has so much more in his arsenal offensively.

Michael and LeBron are both great defensive players, so basically whoever is the better offensive player takes the cake. That's where I go with MJ.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X