Hedo Talks Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo Talks Raptors

What the Magic got was an Eastern Conference finals whipping at the hands of the Celtics and what Turkoglu got was a lost season in Toronto, then a trade last summer to Phoenix that only made things worse.

"I wanted and expected in those places to be the guy that could do the things that I'm comfortable doing," he said. "I wanted to be making plays, a facilitator, someone who is good with the ball and creates open shots for his teammates.

"Instead I was used in a different way in both of those situations. I don't have an answer for that. They tried to use me as a guy off the ball, a spot-up shooter. I respect those teams and maybe what their plans were. I went out there and tried to do my best in those situations. But it wasn't me. It wasn't who I can be.

"But what I hate the most is having people think I didn't try hard or do much for 1 ½ years and wasted that time."
    Source: NBA.com

As much as i hate him for being a pussy, he is right.
    One of the many faults of the Raps is this, getting guys and trying to mold them into something they are not.
    They did it with Bargs, J.O. and then Turk.

Comment

He could have just said "i'm one dimensional, and nobody could figure out what that one dimension is"

Comment

If he didn't feel comfortable in his roll he should of told Triano...

Comment

the guy was lazy, out of shape, and not willing to adjust......he is not a point guard, end of story

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            He could have just said "i'm one dimensional, and nobody could figure out what that one dimension is"
            Honestly, although Hedo failed miserably during his time here. He is not one dimensional, he is a very versatile player and can do so much.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              As much as i hate him for being a pussy, he is right.
              One of the many faults of the Raps is this, getting guys and trying to mold them into something they are not.
              They did it with Bargs, J.O. and then Turk.
              Bargnani and Turkoglu, yes, but how did they do that with JO?

Comment

if i hate one player in the history of the raptors organization its J.O.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, although Hedo failed miserably during his time here. He is not one dimensional, he is a very versatile player and can do so much.
                  agreed. the guy avgd 16pts, 5 rebs and 5 asts with the magic before he went to Toronto. His defense is underrated and is a very very good clutch player. He can run the offense and be a scorer if needed.

I also agree with RaptorsFan but i still put this on BC and Triano, they shouldnt have signed him if they were planning to get him off his real game.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani and Turkoglu, yes, but how did they do that with JO?
                    They tried to put J.O. who used to play a lot at the 4 beside Bosh as a center.
                    If im not mistaken, J.O. averaged 20+ pts with indiana, which shouldve told BC and Triano that he was more of a scorer than a defensive big.

Comment

If only Colangelo had realized early on (like pretty much everyone else), that Chris Bosh cannot be used as a centerpiece for rebuilding, we wouldn't have wasted our time with JO or Hedo. Bosh was literally stuffed down our throats as a "franchise player" when everybody deep down knew he wasn't.

Hedo is right that the Raptors misused him. My question is whether what his role was going to be on the team was communicated to him up-front, because how he's going to be used shouldn't come as a surprise to the player. Shouldn't that be communicated in the earliest stages of negotiation? I'm thinking the Raptors made an offer without even thinking about whether it was going to be a good fit from Hedo's end, they envisioned him a certain way and never communicated that to him. Either that, or the MASSIVE contract he was offered blinded his senses and he accepted without thought.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        If only Colangelo had realized early on (like pretty much everyone else), that Chris Bosh cannot be used as a centerpiece for rebuilding, we wouldn't have wasted our time with JO or Hedo. Bosh was literally stuffed down our throats as a "franchise player" when everybody deep down knew he wasn't.

Hedo is right that the Raptors misused him. My question is whether what his role was going to be on the team was communicated to him up-front, because how he's going to be used shouldn't come as a surprise to the player. Shouldn't that be communicated in the earliest stages of negotiation? I'm thinking the Raptors made an offer without even thinking about whether it was going to be a good fit from Hedo's end, they envisioned him a certain way and never communicated that to him. Either that, or the MASSIVE contract he was offered blinded his senses and he accepted without thought.
                        Im gonna go with the massive contract option.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

A classic case of "blame the pooch". A microcosm of whats happening generally...not taking personal responsibility in any of what transpired starting with jilting Portland on his original commitment for a few xtra shekels. And what he is also saying is ...I am so friggin good with the ball in my hands ...who gives a f*&^ that Steve Nash a mvp of the league was my point guard.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

Unfortunately, historically, Raps so-called franchise players have been determined this way. Skill-wise, our past franchise players have been really good, they can all be labeled franchise players statistics wise, but when it comes to the mental and attitude aspect, theyre probably a 15th man on the team. And unfortunately, thats the most important aspect, IMO, that a franchise player should possess.

I have a feeling they were considering playing Jose off the ball, much like Nelson in Orlando, coz Jose can shoot but he got stuck as a PG, and well he should be since he is much more of a passer than scorer, but there were glimpses of this when TJ was still in town and Smitch was playing TJ at the point and Jose at the 2. The massive contract definitely blinded him, and knowing how big of a baby he is, he also probably felt betrayed by Orlando for not matching Toronto's contract offer.

Comment

Hedo showed up way out of shape. Yes Triano misused him and that was obvious way before the infamous "ball" interview. They overplayed his clutch factor (same play every time, Hedo screen and roll from the point or from the "elbow" of the perimetre. Only worked once but it beat the Lakeshow) and tried to make him a spot up shooter. I don't know who to blame but it's obvious he wasn't being used in a way that maximized his ability.

Still, $53 mill and you are out of shape all year? WTF is that? Would he of been able to play point forward for 36m a game when he was sucking wind as a spot up shooter?
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X