Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Know Bradley Crapped Out As A PG - How About as a SG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Know Bradley Crapped Out As A PG - How About as a SG?

We know that statistically Bradley crapped out as a PG. So much so that now mock draft sights don't even consider him a combo guard but just a SG.

So how did he do a SG?

Check out Draft Express for the depressing numbers

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...uard-Crop-3517
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Well it's a good thing stats don't tell the whole story, otherwise we might as well draft Andy Rautins at #13 and be done with it.

Comment

Exactly. The stats were against Anthony Randolph and now everyone around here seems to have a man crush on the guy. More goes into the game at the NBA level than college stats.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        Well it's a good thing stats don't tell the whole story, otherwise we might as well draft Andy Rautins at #13 and be done with it.
        Actually, Rautins faired worse than Bradley, so by stats, you don't want Rautins either.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I was being sarcastic, but Rautins faired better in PER, True Shooting %, and assists per 40 minutes. Not that any of these stats mean anything, but I guess if I had to choose 3 of those stats to choose a shooting guard, those would be my choices (I'm not big on steals as it doesn't always mean good defense when you fail to steal the ball...).

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            I was being sarcastic, but Rautins faired better in PER, True Shooting %, and assists per 40 minutes. Not that any of these stats mean anything, but I guess if I had to choose 3 of those stats to choose a shooting guard, those would be my choices (I'm not big on steals as it doesn't always mean good defense when you fail to steal the ball...).
            Yes, I realized you were being sarcastic. Quite frankly, though, I didn't scroll down and thought it was just one category at first, where Rautins was below Bradley. Still, Rautins didn't end up as one of the better prospects at SG according to those stats.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't know if the Raptors can afford to take a chance on this guy, you either hit a home run with him (Monta Ellis) or you fail (Marcus Banks). As is it will probably take at least 2-3 seasons before you know what you got with him.

This kid is raw and could use going for another year in college to hone his skills, him leaving early while not being a top 10 makes me wonder if he is as good as he might be advertized and he just leaving early because he knows that his potential is actually higher then going back for another year and proving everyone wrong.

I don't know if the Raptors can afford to take a chance on another rookie project.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                I don't know if the Raptors can afford to take a chance on this guy, you either hit a home run with him (Monta Ellis) or you fail (Marcus Banks). As is it will probably take at least 2-3 seasons before you know what you got with him.

This kid is raw and could use going for another year in college to hone his skills, him leaving early while not being a top 10 makes me wonder if he is as good as he might be advertized and he just leaving early because he knows that his potential is actually higher then going back for another year and proving everyone wrong.

I don't know if the Raptors can afford to take a chance on another rookie project.
                All the options are risky in different ways at 13. Some are lacking in polish, some are lacking in talent, some in IQ, etc. There are no perfect picks at 13. It's a tough spot. I think the safest picks are Xavier Henry and Eric Bledsoe. Colangelo has never seemed to value safety.

Comment

I think Bledsoe has just as much risk as Bradley. Right now I wouldn't mind either but I prefer Bradley because of his abilities on the defensive end. But statistically it looks like Bledsoe and Bradley are pretty even. They're PER numbers according to draftexpress are:

Bledsoe - 14.4
                  Bradley - 14.5

Comment

Guys, there is a reason avery says he'll be better in the NBA. One teams wont focus on him like at Texas and he'll be given more room to create. Does anybody remember the Rondo situation? He was criticized for having no jump shot and coming to camp out of shape. He turned out to be a pretty good player in the end, especially since he is on a team that doesn't rely on his shooting, but his speed and athleticism.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Bradley was also gunned at right out of high school. We're talking a guy who is one year removed from being in the top 5 high school players in the country! I think it's a safe bet either way. Teach the kid how to play the point.
                      It's about money

Comment

This is a very good point. He's very young and there is hope that he can be molded into what a club wants from him.

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                          Bradley was also gunned at right out of high school. We're talking a guy who is one year removed from being in the top 5 high school players in the country! I think it's a safe bet either way. Teach the kid how to play the point.
                          Ever hear of Felipe Lopez? He was the top high school prospect over a decade ago. Kwame Brown was also one of the top high school prospects. And Bradley was one of the top prospects at SG, not PG.

As for teaching him to play PG, why not teach DeRozan how to play point, if it's that easy? Or Weems? Hell, while they're at it, they should teach Amir how to score 20 ppg, then he can replace Bosh. Then they can teach Bargnani how to rebound and play defense. Then the Raptors would be contenders!!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                          X