Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    yup im glad some people recognize the imact this player could have on the Raptors organization. He could be a very solid asset moving forward. If im BC I'm doing "almost" everything in my power to get a second pick maybe 6th or Sacramento's 7th pick to draft KEMBAA!! honestly how can you say no to Kemba Walker?? Its gonna be a tough choice come June 23rd for BC. Choices, choices, choices...
    I think it all comes down to how much he values Bayless. Maybe all the PG talk is a smokescreen?

He has a knack for finding diamonds in the cast-off bin. I wonder if he is still as high on him?

Comment

I certainly think leonard is a player and would certainly contribute, i just think with the stable of high quality sf's coming out next season we should focus on a big (kanter/jonas) or a pg (walker/knight)
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        He has a knack for finding diamonds in the cast-off bin.
        I don't know if I'd say 'diamonds', maybe more like Cubic Zirconias. Yes, he has found some nice cast off pieces, but nothing I would call a diamond yet.

I am getting more impressed with Kawhi as we get closer to the draft.

Comment

If they pick Leonard I would not be upset because I realize his talents, his game isn't full of "maybe in a few years" but he still has a lot of potential for growth. As a bonus, and as an after thought to the talent factor, he fits a need. If they go with a SF I would much rather him than Vesely. I don't think now is the time for the Raptors to be taking chances on long term projects. They have a nice little core going here and I'm all for taking the safer path this draft.

Comment

I think it all comes down to how much he values Bayless. Maybe all the PG talk is a smokescreen?

He has a knack for finding diamonds in the cast-off bin. I wonder if he is still as high on him?
            Yah thats a good point. A lot of people have been saying he is due for a break out season soon. Near the end of last season with starter minutes he showed he can consistently put up roughly 20 points and 5 assists. Thats not bad, but im not so sold on him to run the show here. On the other hand, BC should be looking to stock up as much assets as possible (A' la OKC). He should be looking a all his options at this point. I'd be happier if we drafted Kemba and kept Bayless as our 6th or 7th man.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              If they pick Leonard I would not be upset because I realize his talents, his game isn't full of "maybe in a few years" but he still has a lot of potential for growth. As a bonus, and as an after thought to the talent factor, he fits a need. If they go with a SF I would much rather him than Vesely. I don't think now is the time for the Raptors to be taking chances on long term projects. They have a nice little core going here and I'm all for taking the safer path this draft.
              Me too, he would fit in nice with the core we already have. YGZ forever
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                I don't know if I'd say 'diamonds', maybe more like Cubic Zirconias. Yes, he has found some nice cast off pieces, but nothing I would call a diamond yet.

I am getting more impressed with Kawhi as we get closer to the draft.
                Joe Johnson?
                Boris Diaw?
                Amir?
                Garbo?
                Parker?
                Raja Bell?

Then there are some cubics in Weems, Moon, etc.

This does not include his draft history either - some diamonds in there - big ones, too.

Comment

Kawhi Leonard isn't an upgrade over Juju and the Karate Kid. All three have good size, good defensive instincts, and underwhelming offensive game. I'd take Singleton over Leonard.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                    Hopefully at some point BC will finally get it - we need players that defend, defend, defend. I think that it's pretty clear that Kawhi will be contributor right away on that front. And everything that I've seen from him shows the commitment and work ethic to build his offensive game. He's only 19. If Knight is off the board, Kawhi has to be the pick!!!
                    If we are going to pick someone defensive it HAS to be Bismack. His potential and readiness on D destroys anyone and everyone in this draft.

BTW Leonard looks like a poor mans JJ (james johnson). I don't know why people want him.

Comment

Remember JJ and JuJu were both lottery picks in much stronger drafts. Singleton is a better shooter, leader and has shown that he can defend three different positions well.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

JuJu doesn't look like he is coming back, although with Triano not behind the bench the odds do seem to increase, but you'd still have to pencil him as "unlikely to return", which Kleiza not likely to be around for a good chunk of the season and weems doing d*ck all at the 3 spot, we are as thin at the SF as we are at C. Arguably thinner. I still have no idea who I would take if I was picking 5th.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          Right now I would take leonard ahead of Walker. Rebounding is one of the few stats that carry's from college to the pros and having a small forward who crashes the boards can only help us. I also tend to think that we are weaker at the three right now (Kleiza is out for half the year, Weems can't defend the position, and James Johnson is still up in the air) than at the one so if all else is equal I'd draft a three. My current big board reads:

Irving
                          Williams
                          Knight
                          Kanter
                          Leonard
                          Going to have to disagree with the rebounding talent translating to the pros...well, not in all cases,,,Sheldon Williams, Renaldo Balkman, our own PJ Tucker and many others were beasts in the NCAA but..........

Comment

Joe Johnson?
                            Boris Diaw?
                            Amir?
                            Garbo?
                            Parker?
                            Raja Bell?

Then there are some cubics in Weems, Moon, etc.

This does not include his draft history either - some diamonds in there - big ones, too.
                            I agree BC has found some gems. Unfortunately most people only focus on the negatives (Kapono, Jones, O'Neal and Hedo) and forget some savvy moves he's made as well.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                              I agree BC has found some gems. Unfortunately most people only focus on the negatives (Kapono, Jones, O'Neal and Hedo) and forget some savvy moves he's made as well.
                              The comment was made with reference to unknown players or unproven players becoming valuable.

His free agent track record - outside Nash - is borderline dreadful. He is known to give too freely. Marcus Banks? Kapono? Hedo? Fred Jones?

The Jermaine O'Neal trade was a calculated risk that failed because - as O'Neal has shown with 2 other teams - he has not been nor ever will be the same player as in Indiana in the early to mid 2000's. Much like the Marion trade, that was another one where it would have been nice to not include the 1st round pick.

But I digress.

*EDIT* Just realized your comment was more in agreement. Sorry if it came across defensive or argumentative.

Comment

My Raptors draft board:

Knight
                                Valanciunas
                                Kanter
                                Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X