No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first thought was what does it really matter?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      My first thought was what does it really matter?

It's not that it really matters, but it is like saying Demar is a 6'8 2 guard. when he measured out at 6'5 1/2"...just gives a false sense to things, but hey I like both guys so.....
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Many sources use different numbers. Which is correct? Who knows.

Comment

• as long as he can ball... i dont care if he's 4'9"

i'd support a team made up of members of the lollipop guild, as long as they were competitive.

Comment

• Bargnani isn't a center yet here we are
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
              i'd support a team made up of members of the lollipop guild, as long as they were competitive.
              LOL ... that actually did make me laugh out loud. Well played sir.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                LOL ... that actually did make me laugh out loud. Well played sir.
                i used to have a boss years ago that i wasnt very fond of.. and he was all of 5'3"ish and didn't have hiring/firing power

i'd sing the lollipop guild song anytime i walked by his desk and did the dance...

and in department-wide emails, i'd address him as "Pippen"

luckily for me the manager one level above him found it hilarious too

Comment

• Yahoo, ESPN and NBA.com ALL have him as 6'9".

And considering Demar was measured at 6'5" a few years ago and is now listed at 6'7" everywhere you look, I think it's fair to say that 'Height w/ Shoes' is being measured. And you never know, these guys are still very young, and their bodies are only now getting PROPER, professional nutrition and training. So growing an inch at age 21-22 isn't completely ridiculous.

Comment

• Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                    He's the same height as Luol Deng, is heavier than many PFs and runs like a gazelle in the open court. He's a physical specimen.
                    Have you seen gazelles run? The don't really run, they bounce, almost like skipping. And they don't look very manly doing it, quite frankly.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Have you seen gazelles run? The don't really run, they bounce, almost like skipping. And they don't look very manly doing it, quite frankly.
                      how awesome would it be if he actually did run like a gazelle up and down the court...

i think i may actually die of a heart attack due to uncontrollable laughter

Comment

• Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
                        He's the same height as Luol Deng, is heavier than many PFs and runs like a gazelle in the open court. He's a physical specimen.
                        He is the next Micheal Jordan while Amir is the next Pippen !!

Some of you guys need to get a hold of reality.

Comment

• Check out the Star today of the group Raptor pic in London. JJ, DD and Sonny are standing together (left backrow). Either DD has grown or JJ's mentioned height isn't kosher. Thought Sonny & DD were the same ht. (not).

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...olympic-warmup

Comment

• if were using that picture as a guide then its pretty fair to say JJ is about 6'8-6'9, DD is 6'6-6'7, sonny is 6'5'-6'6, johnson is most likely standing straighter because he is beside ajinca so id say amir is abuot 6'9-6'10, wright is about 6'6-6'7. ajinca is definetly 7'2 +.
                            It really doesnt matter to me, im 5'10 3/4 but i always say im 5'11. plus these guys advantage are their length. they may not look as tall as another player but i bet he can get higher then their oppenent.
                            Last edited by pesterm1; Thu Mar 3, 2011, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• I shared an elevator with Calderon a few times, there's no way the man is 6'2. 6 feet max with a small frame. Shawn Marian was also much shorter than you'd expect. Kris Humphries was big but not gigantic (but my girlfriend kept mentioning him, which was worrisome.

Garbajosa, on the other hand, was huuuuge.

Comment

• Copywryter wrote: View Post
                                I shared an elevator with Calderon a few times, there's no way the man is 6'2. 6 feet max with a small frame. Shawn Marian was also much shorter than you'd expect. Kris Humphries was big but not gigantic (but my girlfriend kept mentioning him, which was worrisome.

Garbajosa, on the other hand, was huuuuge.
                                I played ball against Mike Bibby one time and was defending him and visa versa. He's listed at 6'2. I'm 5'10 and he certainly wasn't 4 inches taller. 1 or 2 at most. He was, however, bar none, the strongest player I have ever played against, and I've played against some beasts, in my time.

I met a number of NBA players when the Grizzlies were in Vancouver and only a couple were as tall as they were listed.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X