• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

I want an encore!
    En freakin core

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Okay. MU says at his press conference discussing the RG trade that the Raptors would not be stuck in No Person's Land (tip of the hat to lilmamba) and a reporter asks him "How can you be sure of that?" And Masai looks at him like the driver of a Grey Coach bus with "Halifax" on the front banner being asked "How do you know you are going to Halifax." He says "Trust me I know." But what he means is "Are you brain dead M***er F****er, I'm the F***ing Driver."

This is a MAN with a PLAN. That's what he has said from day 1, and what I hoped. But when he nail gunned that reporter to his own clipboard, I knew it was true. He is not going to rest until he has put this train onto a set of rails with "Today" as the boarding platform and "NBA Championship" as the destination.

Moving Bargs was incredible, but moving Gay the way he did was like the first day of the biblical creation. " And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness."

The Raptors have finally had the light divided from the darkness. I haven't felt like this since Isaiah Thomas stepped through the paper Raptor with a basketball in his hand.

I really don't have a clue as to what is next, but I find myself perfectly willing to simply board the MU bus and say "Carry on Driver. Wherever you're going looks like a fine place to be."
      wow....that is some incredible hyperbole right there.

This team is far from NBA championship caliber and there will be many bumps in the road and setbacks ahead. Are you prepared for that?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

When Eric Smith interview Ujiri during the first half of the Spurs game, he asked if there are more moved on the way. Ujiri spoke of our record and said that he is always searching for moves that will help the club win more...in the future.

There was a split second pause before he added the "future" part and it was exceptional.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
          When Eric Smith interview Ujiri during the first half of the Spurs game, he asked if there are more moved on the way. Ujiri spoke of our record and said that he is always searching for moves that will help the club win more...in the future.

There was a split second pause before he added the "future" part and it was exceptional.
          Noticed that too.

I believe long term growth was in there as well.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Masai seems VERY confident that this team is not going to get stuck in 'no man's land'. Interesting.
            Interesting? Did you think "get stuck in no mans land" was one of his goals coming in?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I am glad MU isn't really talking about his plan because there is nothing to gain by it. If you say we our tanking, anti-tankers are up in arms and you lower trade value. If you say we are trying to win now, tankers say we can't win now. There seems to be a lot of politics involved at the GM position and we don't want to be an organization run by popular opinion... like the Knicks.

Comment

drg wrote: View Post
                I am glad MU isn't really talking about his plan because there is nothing to gain by it. If you say we our tanking, anti-tankers are up in arms and you lower trade value. If you say we are trying to win now, tankers say we can't win now. There seems to be a lot of politics involved at the GM position and we don't want to be an organization run by popular opinion... like the Knicks.
                Well, he can't say we are tanking because that's illegal..
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  wow....that is some incredible hyperbole right there.

This team is far from NBA championship caliber and there will be many bumps in the road and setbacks ahead. Are you prepared for that?
                  Been bumping down the road with them since 1995.
                  What's different?

Oh yeah. Now there is a warlord running the show.

♪ I believe in Masai ♪
                  ♪ I believe they can learn to fly ♪

Comment

Well, he can't say we are tanking because that's illegal..
                    I am not sure he's even called it a rebuild.

Comment

I believe in masai !!!!!
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

drg wrote: View Post
                        I am not sure he's even called it a rebuild.
                        It's just a build. Rebuild insinuates that there was something in the first place.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          It's just a build. Rebuild insinuates that there was something in the first place.
                          lol... depressing

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Been bumping down the road with them since 1995.
                            What's different?

Oh yeah. Now there is a warlord running the show.

♪ I believe in Masai ♪
                            ♪ I believe they can learn to fly ♪
                            I don't see what he's done that's surprising or shocking..

He got rid of Bargnani and Gay..It would of been surprising if he had of kept them.

Comment

I don't see what he's done that's surprising or shocking..

He got rid of Bargnani and Gay..It would of been surprising if he had of kept them.
                              What's surprising is that he was able to get rid of Bargs at all. And then doubly surprising that he was able to get rid of Gay, who can force whatever team he is playing with to give him 19.5 million next year and is having his worst statistical year in the last three right now.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                From a colangelo perspective, he would have traded away our first by now for a 6th man to help cement the treadmill

Comment

Working...
                                X