Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade: David Andersen To Toronto

Doug Smith

He's a 6-11 Australian who came to Houston from a career in Europe and Russia last season and averaged 5.8 points, 3.3 rebounds and about 14 minutes a game in 63 games.

He's more depth for the frontcourt and with a contract that pays him $2.5 million this season with a team option at $2.7 million for 2011-12, he's hardly a bank-breaker.
    http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...small-one.html

DraftExpress

Andersen still did a nice job showcasing his excellent skill-level, primarily in the form of his jump-shot, knocking down an array of spot-up, pull-up, turnaround and pick and pop jumpers, in the post, from 18-20 feet, and all the way out beyond the 3-point line.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Andersen-5222/

ABC
    Andersen posted 19 points on 9-of-14 shooting from the floor (career high)...He made one of his three attempts from downtown and pulled down six rebounds in 25 minutes on the court.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...17/2744778.htm

His stats from last year (09/10):

GP Min Pts FG FGA FG% 2Pt 2PtA 2P% 3Pt 3PtA 3P% FTM FTA FT%
    63 14.2 5.8 2.3 5.4 43.2 1.9 4.2 45.8 0.4 1.2 34.6 0.7 1.1 68.7

Off Def TOT Asts Stls Blks TOs PFs
    0.9 2.4 3.3 0.7 0.2 0.2 0.6 1.9

His offense consists primarily of shooting over people. Decent spot-up shooter and decent turn around jumper in the post. His rebounding and defense needs work. Plays more like a PF than C.

Here's a mix.

Last edited by Krix; Wed Jul 28, 2010, 08:55 PM.

hey, you've got to take chances on some of these guys. could be good.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If you aren't going to go for POB might as well get the bloke D. Anderson from Carlton

This should jazz at least one Raptors Republic poster.

http://www.travelaustralia.com.au/city/carlton-map-3010
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

he's a body i guess? dude is terrible defensively.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

That compilation seemed to show him to be more mobile than Bargs!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            That compilation seemed to show him to be more mobile than Bargs!
            That is not saying much
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

We got him for basically nothing so no harm in taking on an experiment, better than having POB IMO lol

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
                We got him for basically nothing so no harm in taking on an experiment, better than having POB IMO lol
                He is more talented, but lets not carried away. You can play him other than in garbage time

Comment

it'll allow solo to spend a year (or 2) in the d league where he'll progress more than rotting on the bench.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

rockets actually played him quite a bit, especially in crunch time, cause of how versatile he was and opened up the floor. don't be surprised if he plays at least 10 mins a game or so.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he seems to have a better post game than both bargs and johnson. seems to have a good peremiter shot as well, wonder how good his D is.....

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                        Can't seem to change title but his name is actually spelled David Andersen.
                        Got you covered.

Comment

Nothing to get excited about but it would be silly to call this a "bad" move.

We added depth upfront for next to nothing. Also gives us the option of having 5 guys on the floor (in their natural positions) who can hit the 3 in situations where we need it. This could be valuable for set plays drawn up during timeouts, final shots, etc. as it would be very tough for defenders to cheat or double team anyone.

Depth and options are always a good thing.
                          "Oh well, that's basketball. It used to be basketball. I don't know what it is now."

Comment

i've actually heard of him though. better than the other projects we've brought in jawai,garth, pob,dorsey,jones, the list goes on you know who was starting to show signs of improvement douby but then we released him which was ok at the time and then just ended up being pointless.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

i would have rather had chris andersen, this andersen seems better suited to ride the pine though!

Comment

Working...
                              X