Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Given the way our starting backcourt having been performing since the Gay trade, do you think they are the best PG/SG combo in the East? Here are the other Eastern teams starting backcourts according to ESPN depth charts:

Indy - Hill/Stephenson
    MIA - Chalmers/Wade
    ATL - Teague/Korver
    WAS - Wall/Beal
    CHI - Hinrich/Butler - add Rose for the sake of argument if you want
    DET - Jennings/Caldwell-Pope
    BKN - Williams/Johnson
    CHA - Walker/Henderson
    NYK - Felton/Shumpert
    CLE - Irving/Miles
    BOS - Pressey/Bradley - throw in Rondo if you want, he's ready to play
    PHI - Carter-Williams/Turner
    ORL - Nelson/Oladipo - add Afflalo at SG if you want, he is listed as the starting SF but I believe Oladipo had some injuries and AA may have moved to SG for those games, I'm not sure
    MIL - Knight/ G'Po

edit: I noticed in the depth charts that Derozan is listed as the SF, and Tross as the SG, but we know the difference

I still think Hill/Stephenson is better as of right now. Hill is really underrated, playing with the likes of George and Roy Hibbert. He's been as important their success as anyone else this year. Stephenson has had a breakout year.

Kinda off topic, but Rondo/Bradley could be great in a couple years (barring any Rondo trade).
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think it's LeBron and Wade. I don't care what LeBron's player card says. He's no more a forward than Magic was. He handles more typical back court duties than Demar.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I think it's LeBron and Wade. I don't care what LeBron's player card says. He's no more a forward than Magic was. He handles more typical back court duties than Demar.

^^ This. But based on JawsGT's list i'd take the Wall/Beal combo.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Yeah he's pretty much the starting PG on the heat Chalmers is a spot up shooter
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I can understand the desire to include Lebron, but c'mon, he can play all 5 positions and is listed as the SF, ignore him for the sake of argument. He is better alone than most of those combos listed above.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I still think Hill/Stephenson is better as of right now. Hill is really underrated, playing with the likes of George and Roy Hibbert. He's been as important their success as anyone else this year. Stephenson has had a breakout year.

Kinda off topic, but Rondo/Bradley could be great in a couple years (barring any Rondo trade).
              LOL Hill/Stephnson? Why has nobody called this guy out? Hill and his 10 pts 3 assists per. Derozan vs Stephenson is close, maybe lead going to Lance, but Lowry blows Hill out of the water, this year and every year. Hell, he has a 13.3 PER to Lowry's TWENTY.

I know people hate giving us the "best of" anything, but our 2 best starters are better than Indiana's two worst starters, believe it or not.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Based on that list I would say yes, we do have the best backcourt in the East. I don't see how you can say Wall/Beal when Derozan/Lowry just absolutely dominated them 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  Based on that list I would say yes, we do have the best backcourt in the East. I don't see how you can say Wall/Beal when Derozan/Lowry just absolutely dominated them 2 weeks ago.
                  pretty easy. more upside. stats are already comparable with DD and Lowry, except the latter two are way older. bradley is a way more rounded player than DD will ever be.
                  Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 16, 2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    pretty easy. more upside. stats are already comparable with DD and Lowry, except the latter two are way older. bradley is a way more rounded player than DD will ever be.
                    Didn't realize the question was "best upside in the East"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Didn't realize the question was "best upside in the East"
                      oh sure. lets do it the other way. wall already averages more assists in his 3rd year than lowry does now, whos having a career high after 8 seasons. along with more assists, wall also averages more ppg. wall is a better FT shooter, equal rebounder, and more steals and even blocks than lowry averages after 8 seasons. wall even gets to the line more. 3 point shooter-wise, lowry has the one up on that.

all this and 4 years younger than lowry is.

i could do the same thing with beal vs derozan if you really insist.

Comment

oh sure. lets do it the other way. wall already averages more assists in his 3rd year than lowry does now, whos having a career high after 8 seasons. along with more assists, wall also averages more ppg. wall is a better FT shooter, equal rebounder, and more steals and even blocks than lowry averages after 8 seasons. wall even gets to the line more. 3 point shooter-wise, lowry has the one up on that.

all this and 4 years younger than lowry is.

i could do the same thing with beal vs derozan if you really insist.
                        I insist who is Beal a way more rounded player then Derozan? And since you said way it better be huge difference.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                          I insist who is Beal a way more rounded player then Derozan? And since you said way it better be huge difference.
                          easy. 3 point shooting. huge difference. done.

Comment

easy. 3 point shooting. huge difference. done.
                            hahaha troll

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                              hahaha troll
                              how? whats a crucial element missing from derozans game to actually make him more of a rounded player?

Comment

Working...
                              X