• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol .500 is not 500%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Masai Ujiri wrote: View Post
      Tanking is just not possible at this point imo.

Like I said in that other thread, we need to win about 27 games to have a "successful" tank. We have 48 games left with 12 being against .500+ teams like this thread says.

So let's say we trade Lowry right now and lose EVERY SINGLE game remaining against teams above .500.

17-29.

Now to only win 27 games. We'd need to go 10-26 against the crappy teams for a total record of 10-38.

It's just not gonna happen at this point.
      lol we're complaining that the raptors wont be bad enough ahha. Thats new.
      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        Lol .500 is not 500%.

Ok I get the point. Honest mistake. But are you one of those people who sit and wait for someone to make an obvious mistake to get your thrills? Could have still posted something relating to the point of the thread.

Just saying!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
          Ok I get the point. Honest mistake. But are you one of those people who sit and wait for someone to make an obvious mistake to get your thrills? Could have still posted something relating to the point of the thread.

Just saying!
          I am.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            OP - I'm not sure the Raps, who have only won 50% of their games, stand much of a chance against these fabled 12 teams who can win 500% of their games. That's a tall order.
            Except the Raptors you are seeing right now are the post-Gay trade Raptors and they are well above .500. You basically have to throw out any pre-trade numbers when discussing this team.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Lol .500 is not 500%.

There you go. Fixed it. Hope that made your year so far.

Comment

There you go. Fixed it. Hope that made your year so far.
                Being a turd without real life consequences is one of the three reasons the Internet exists.

In all honesty, appreciated the OP. Only 12 games against +.500 teams is crazy. I'm really interested in seeing if the Raps stay focused and keep developing good habits, or if they start to relax and play down to the competition. They need to be firing on all cylinders for the playoffs.

One advantage is maybe they can pace their minutes a bit and focus on staying healthy. Are they officially good enough to do that?
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

12 games remaining against teams over .500.
                  26 home, 22 away
                  leave their own timezone only 4 times
                  8 back-to-back sets (6 through first 34 games)
                  3 road games against +.600 teams (7 in first 34 games)

The schedule shapes up really nicely in a lot of ways. Still need to play the games, but I don't see .667 (32 and 16) being unrealistic.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds now 18.4% of making finals an 7.9% of winning championship. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Cause I'm a dreamer baby.

Comment

Only 12 of Raps remaining games are against Teams above .500

Based on the Hollinger scale you linked, the raptors have 100% chance of making the playoffs and 13% chance of making the finals. We have more of a chance of making the finals than Miami and more of a chance of being the champs than Miami does.

You never know, and I think it's very unlikely, but teams can make an inspired playoff run and I think these guys just may have it in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

the easy schedule seems easier since most of the eastern conference is below .500. What it doesn't tell us is how some of the Eastern conference teams are improving play and making pushes for the playoffs,.. they won't all continue to play sub .500 ball. Still, easier schedule regardless

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                          Based on the Hollinger scale you linked, the raptors have 100% chance of making the playoffs and 13% chance of making the finals. We have more of a chance of making the finals than Miami and more of a chance of being the champs than Miami does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That's actually really funny.. who would've thought. I suppose it's based on randomization though so nobody can attack it
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                            the easy schedule seems easier since most of the eastern conference is below .500. What it doesn't tell us is how some of the Eastern conference teams are improving play and making pushes for the playoffs,.. they won't all continue to play sub .500 ball. Still, easier schedule regardless
                            Good point, both NYK teams seem to be picking it up, and other teams like Wash and Cleveland could very well improve as the season goes on. nonetheless, I'd rather play them than all but two of the West teams.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds now 18.4% of making finals an 7.9% of winning championship. Call me crazy but anything is possible. Cause I'm a dreamer baby.
                              Ummmm... That chart now indicates we have a 100% chance of making the Playoffs, and a better chance of making the Finals (and winning it all) than MIAMI.
                              WTF.

AND they're projecting us to win 50 Games.

ADD Sorry just noticed wheazhy beat me to it.
                              Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 10, 2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Ummmm... That chart now indicates we have a 100% chance of making the Playoffs, and a better chance of making the Finals (and winning it all) than MIAMI.
                                WTF.

AND they're projecting us to win 50 Games.
                                That makes no sense at all eh. Your avatar drives me nuts lol

Comment

Working...
                                X