Gay to debut for Raptors on Sunday [Post #727]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I'm literally dropping a tear right now. Ed and Jose were two of the team's hardest workers, great character guys, pros. I truly respected these two.

I will miss having these guys on the team, especially cause they were a key part of this team's chemistry and success.
    Yeah but our team sucked, so who cares.

Comment

• DD, Gay and Ross = sick dunks every night

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I'm literally dropping a tear right now. Ed and Jose were two of the team's hardest workers, great character guys, pros. I truly respected these two.

I will miss having these guys on the team, especially cause they were a key part of this team's chemistry and success.
        I'm going to miss Jose. Most underappreciated Rap of all time. And imo the greatest Rap PG of all time.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          DD, Gay and Ross = sick dunks every night
          Daily SportsCenter appearances...

Comment

• Real fans care
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I'm going to miss Jose. Most underappreciated Rap of all time. And imo the greatest Rap PG of all time.
              +1

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I am not worried about trading ED.

Guy kept UNC on his background for Twitter. Never wanted to be a Rap.

There.... I said it. I've bottled the twitter thing for years. RELEASE. Nice. I feel free.

Check it out now lol
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• If this deal is for real, which I do believe it is, then first and foremost, I'm going to miss "The Spanish Fly", as Chuck used to call him. But we needed to give this team to Lowry. He's far too talented and, I say this in a good way, egotistical.
                  His Balls are WAY too huge to be a bench player.

Second, I've heard it said a few times that Ed "never really wanted to be here" or whatever .. I remember thinking this myself a little while back, not going to lie. But I've warmed up to his quiet, reserved personality. The quiet guys are always the craziest. And Amir has playing UNREAL the last little while. Giving him some more minutes can't be a bad thing.

Third, I never really supported going after Gay, but now its 'a done deal' the Raptors fan in me has made me change my stance.. but now I expect another move to be made before the trade deadline.
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 30, 2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• I'm a little verclempt...this is the first trade to hit me on an emotional level in a LONG time
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I am most shocked that MEM is taking on the 2 years of Prince at $7+M per.
                      I'm not. He can defend and is at least average on 3pt shooting. Memphis had some trouble with spacing. Considering their 2 man post game Gay had some superfluos skills while not bringing some of the things Prince will. This deal might make them even more dangerous in the play-offs. Great fit imo.

Comment

• Bo Churney ‏@bochurney

Just saw Ed Davis leaving the arena. He looked so, so sad.

Comment

• Now that it has happened, I really feel bittersweet. Jose was in a lot of ways the face of this team. They weren't a great team for the majority of his time here, but he gave it everything and I really hoped he'd always be a Raptor.

I wish him all the best, wherever he lands, and hope to one day see him wearing the red and white again.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            You guys should really make a huge welcoming when Jose plays his first game with Detrout at ACC, I would be upset with these fans if they wouldnt.
                            Man, I would cheer until my throat bleeds...

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              I'm a little verclempt...this is the first trade to hit me on an emotional level in a LONG time
                              same here

Comment

• Man, apparently Ed Davis was looking extremely down after leaving the arena. Jose looked optimistic.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X