No announcement yet.

Bucher: Miami Have Some Concerns Regarding Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Miami Heat are looking at this chart to gauage Bosh attention whoredom, they are concerned because he reached level orange:

One more level and its RuPaul time.

Comment

Hell, I don't know about you guys, but I'd be fascinated with Bosh's documentary. I'd love to get an inside look at what happens during the free agent wooing process. I can see the teams not wanting to participate, but it still would make a fascinating film.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Fair enough Tim, but it's pretty easy to see something like this pissing Pat Riley off a bit. Sure he coached Showtime and didn't mind a bit of media attention himself (still doesn't) but I think he figures you've got to earn it on the court.

And Riley probably doesn't want any unauthorized cameras around when he whacks Spoelstra like he did Van Gundy

Comment

The empty chair is for cb's new found ego.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.
            well said. He might never have this opertunity again. I just hope he dosn't ruin the reputation he has worked hard to build if any of this stuff is even true.

Comment

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought 100% that it was about his knees.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                No you can't make this stuff up, which is why the media ALWAYS gets it right, and why Wade, Bosh and LeBron all immediately signed with Miami, Bosh and LeBron also signed with Chicago, LeBron signed with the Nets and Joe Johnson signed with Chicago.

Seriously, there may be SOMEONE in Miami that doesn't like Bosh's behaviour, but the fact that Bosh has always been pretty focused on basketball and has always worked hard shows those concerns are unfounded. No one seemed to make a fuss about what Jordan did off the court, and he became the biggest basketball brand in the world, with shoe and clothing lines, videos, endless commercials, movies, etc.

I have to say I don't understand people whining about what a player does off the court (as long as it's not unhealthy). If he practices two hours a day every day, which would be a very good amount, he'd still have 14 waking hours to fill. What's he supposed to do, watch game tape the rest of the time? He's not supposed to have any other hobbies?

Bosh is a young, single guy who suddenly has more media attention than he's ever had before, and he's taking advantage of it and enjoying the experience. Since none of us have been in that position before, it's difficult to judge him and really pointless, anyway.

Some of you guys are obsessed with making guys act the way you want them too. That says more about you then Bosh. Personally, I'm not a fan of his First Ink video (or tattoos), Twitter or half of the stuff he does outside of basketball, but I couldn't give a crap that he does it. It's his business, not mine. The only thing I care about is whether he's a good teammate and how he performs on the court. From what I see, he's doing fine in that respect. The rest is just noise. I ignore it and suggest everyone else does to if they don't like it.
                Well, it seems sometimes you can make stuff up and sometimes you dont.

Your point on general sports msm sourceless comments is well taken and understood. But I was expressing an opinion with some humour I thought about what has now been confirmed as CB trying to film some kind of reality show. And that some of his interlocutors/presenters may have been none too thrilled about a little thing called "privacy" in a mundane matter of spending a hundred and twenty million smackeroos on Mr. Bosh over the next 6 years. How do you think you would feel, say if you were in a Prokhorov/Thorn/Dolan/Riley position? I think it is outrageous and wonder if he might have cleared the taping prior to. Regardless though, dont you believe it takes away from absolute candor?

Have you wondered why a Stoudemire or a Johnson or Wade and even James havent been quite like Mr Bosh during this process? And I dont think its because they cannot use twitter.

I happen to believe that even in the pro sports milieu, star players especially should be cognizant about the feelings of those who care deeply (rightly or wrongly) about the team which the star is about to extricate himself from. Keeping a low profile and speaking at a minimum during the process is the best. I offer ex Blue Jay Roy Halladay as an example of maturity during a similar process (probably more challenging).

I missed the relevance of the Jordan anecdote. What does his gambling habits or wife troubles have to do with Bosh's juvenile tweets and wanting to be "da man" imperatives which dont seem quite so important afterall. Heard anyone else in f/a class of 2010 say they wanted to be the man? My negativity is not basketball related though I am lending more weight to the notion about where his head really was during the last year...on the team or July 2010 (he has already noted in an interview that this date is a culmination of a 4 year wait). I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
                Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Have you wondered why a Stoudemire or a Johnson or Wade and even James havent been quite like Mr Bosh during this process? And I dont think its because they cannot use twitter.
                  Same reason Stoudemire, Johnson, Wade and James didn't try their hand at acting during the season? Seems to me most TO fans (except those thinking he should have taken that time to improve himself on the court) were supportive of his efforts. He even went to court on behalf of celebrities who have had their domain names squatted upon, and tried promoting his web development venture via that. It should have been no surprise that he would continue in similar suit during the off-season.

I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
                  One has nothing to do with the other. Besides which, if it was his desire to be seen as great that propelled him into drawing fouls at one of the highest rates in the league, or corralling rebounds at one of the highest rates in the league, then great, because it wasn't like anyone else on the team was really doing it.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                    Same reason Stoudemire, Johnson, Wade and James didn't try their hand at acting during the season? Seems to me most TO fans (except those thinking he should have taken that time to improve himself on the court) were supportive of his efforts. He even went to court on behalf of celebrities who have had their domain names squatted upon, and tried promoting his web development venture via that. It should have been no surprise that he would continue in similar suit during the off-season.

One has nothing to do with the other. Besides which, if it was his desire to be seen as great that propelled him into drawing fouls at one of the highest rates in the league, or corralling rebounds at one of the highest rates in the league, then great, because it wasn't like anyone else on the team was really doing it.
                    Quixotic, you appear to have taken his filming ventures in isolation (which is rather new news to myself (today)) while I was really attempting to explain a range of his self-promotional flapping thru new and old media. The others mostly refrained. That was the point. While I understand these guys have a public persona, it is the context (the need for public chest beating) which makes it unseemly to many. Bosh stands out in the group.

Re: your second point, I did say I was starting to wonder. Havent reached there yet but the dots are getting brighter. Providing a contrarian view, it could be argued that since there was no one else particularly into the rebounding science on the team it would be "easier" for Bosh to have a higher rate of. Imagine if he had a Bargs fighting him for rebounds! Something can be said of stats dilution if one is on a good team with help. Can be more efficient in another area. The one positive not disputable for me is that he wasnt a shirker, ever. The raison d'etre for the last year or two though is what is dicey. He knows what he wants.

Comment

Well, it seems sometimes you can make stuff up and sometimes you dont.

Your point on general sports msm sourceless comments is well taken and understood. But I was expressing an opinion with some humour I thought about what has now been confirmed as CB trying to film some kind of reality show. And that some of his interlocutors/presenters may have been none too thrilled about a little thing called "privacy" in a mundane matter of spending a hundred and twenty million smackeroos on Mr. Bosh over the next 6 years. How do you think you would feel, say if you were in a Prokhorov/Thorn/Dolan/Riley position? I think it is outrageous and wonder if he might have cleared the taping prior to. Regardless though, dont you believe it takes away from absolute candor?

I happen to believe that even in the pro sports milieu, star players especially should be cognizant about the feelings of those who care deeply (rightly or wrongly) about the team which the star is about to extricate himself from. Keeping a low profile and speaking at a minimum during the process is the best. I offer ex Blue Jay Roy Halladay as an example of maturity during a similar process (probably more challenging).

I missed the relevance of the Jordan anecdote. What does his gambling habits or wife troubles have to do with Bosh's juvenile tweets and wanting to be "da man" imperatives which dont seem quite so important afterall. Heard anyone else in f/a class of 2010 say they wanted to be the man? My negativity is not basketball related though I am lending more weight to the notion about where his head really was during the last year...on the team or July 2010 (he has already noted in an interview that this date is a culmination of a 4 year wait). I was never a proponent of the notion he was a stats padder but I am starting to wonder.
                      I'm not saying I agree with, like, or would do anything that he is doing, but the point is that I don't really care. That's his personality, not mine. Every person has a different personality and you can't expect everyone to act the same in similar circumstances. Personally, I can't stand Twitter and think tattoos, all tattoos, look like crap. But none of that matters. I thought Michael Jordan was a complete asshole who was in a position to make the world a better place with his popularity, but instead just cared about the bottom line. Again, none of that matters. I've never cared much about what players do off the court. That's never interested me in the least. Professional athletes are not the least bit interesting to me when they are not playing their sport.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hopefully whatever he is doing off the court is within the law and is not physically or emotionally hurting another person. Other than that whatever.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Quixotic, you appear to have taken his filming ventures in isolation (which is rather new news to myself (today)) while I was really attempting to explain a range of his self-promotional flapping thru new and old media. The others mostly refrained. That was the point. While I understand these guys have a public persona, it is the context (the need for public chest beating) which makes it unseemly to many. Bosh stands out in the group.
                          Forgive me in advance because I'm a little confused here (mostly about taking his filming ventures in isolation). =) From above, it seems (to me, at least), that we are saying the same thing essentially? Bosh stands out from the group, and has always stood out from the group, is what I was trying to say. And while, it was mostly a positive thing during the season, the same applied to his desire to leave Toronto has become a negative thing.

Re: your second point, I did say I was starting to wonder. Havent reached there yet but the dots are getting brighter. Providing a contrarian view, it could be argued that since there was no one else particularly into the rebounding science on the team it would be "easier" for Bosh to have a higher rate of. Imagine if he had a Bargs fighting him for rebounds! Something can be said of stats dilution if one is on a good team with help. Can be more efficient in another area. The one positive not disputable for me is that he wasnt a shirker, ever. The raison d'etre for the last year or two though is what is dicey. He knows what he wants.
                          Well then, quell your damn dots! =P Your point that he could have had less rebounds on a team with better rebounders is certainly true, but because of the lack thereof, I can hardly blame him for grabbing the easy rebounds. Better than giving up even more offensive boards. And yes, he was never a shirker. He did his job, and it is probably a bit unfair of us to expect him to not only do his job, but carry the team entirely on his own. Even KG, who is in my mind one of the two best power forwards (along with Duncan) of the past however long, failed to accomplish much on his own until traded to the Celtics. Bosh might not have been the kind of leader we wanted, but that kind of leadership is rare. Talent is talent though, and ultimately we pay him for his on-court performance; if we require perfect off-court qualities in our best player, we could be left waiting a long while.

Comment

If it's true and Pat Riley is really all about basketball then Riley should heed the warning signs and stay away from this idiot. What an egotistical ass to think anyone who knows anything about basketball would actually care to see Mr. Attention Whore himself getting wooed. What a major inferiority complex RuPaul must have if he needs it on film to prove just how much everyone wants him, versus watching films of guys like Magic, Bird, MJ, Russell, Kobe, and Shaq winning title after title by playing hard all the time and learning how to play with your team instead of looking in the mirror all the time.
                            I cannot imagine how bad it would be if he actually ended up back with the Raptors. Only in a nightmare I hope!

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                              If it's true and Pat Riley is really all about basketball then Riley should heed the warning signs and stay away from this idiot. What an egotistical ass to think anyone who knows anything about basketball would actually care to see Mr. Attention Whore himself getting wooed. What a major inferiority complex RuPaul must have if he needs it on film to prove just how much everyone wants him, versus watching films of guys like Magic, Bird, MJ, Russell, Kobe, and Shaq winning title after title by playing hard all the time and learning how to play with your team instead of looking in the mirror all the time.
                              I cannot imagine how bad it would be if he actually ended up back with the Raptors. Only in a nightmare I hope!
                              Chris Bosh is not a member of the toronto raptors anymore, what does it matter to you anymore. Do you think what Bosh does in his off time is of any concern to you. What he does in his private time is up to him. You should get over it. What does it matter what Chris or anyother nba player does. He has 15 years to enjoy all of this. I say enjoy it while you can. I'm pretty sure he doesn't live his life according to what you think he should do. When he was here you were all over him now that he's not you are still all over him. Give it up. Why don't you decide what he does and how he should handle all of this.

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
                                He has 15 years to enjoy all of this. I say enjoy it while you can.
                                I think this is especially true. Yeah, he should probably get a better manager to advise him on how to be politically correct/professional (by saying as little as possible), but he's basically a kid playing with his new toy. It's far more important that he makes a choice he won't regret than trying to appease our feelings.

Comment

Working...
                                X