Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Colangelo said last year that he got many offers for Bargnani, if I remember correctly. It's too bad he didn't sell high. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was just talking out of his ass, he's particularly good at that.
    Colangelo says alot of things. Very few of them turn out to be accurate in the end.

We also hear Colangelo gets alot of calls about Bargnani every year. Even if it is true, what are those offers? 2nd round pick, Lebron James, Samuel Dalembert, TPE?

I'd put little stake in what Colangelo says, and even less in what it means.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
      Colangelo says alot of things. Very few of them turn out to be accurate in the end.

We also hear Colangelo gets alot of calls about Bargnani every year. Even if it is true, what are those offers? 2nd round pick, Lebron James, Samuel Dalembert, TPE?

I'd put little stake in what Colangelo says, and even less in what it means.
      I know one thing for sure. After Colangelo has taken a shit and gives a pressconference about it, he's going to tell us that he got lots of calls from people around the league, like other gm's, all congratulating him on what he great shit he just took.

Comment

• CT2010 wrote: View Post
        I think you are giving Matt Devlin way too much credit here. The only influence he has in the organization is what haircare products the white guys get to have in the locker room.
        Haha

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I would kill to have Paul Millsap here. He can stretch the floor with his 3. He plays tough Utah defense. He doesn't shy away from contact.
          +1 to this awesome idea.

In addition to #tradebargnani, can you guys add on for #GetMillsap?
          He's the Lowry version of a forward, undersized, lots of heart and hustle, just flat out a baller !

Comment

• Only Chisholm would actually suggest trading Bargs for Stoudemire would make sense
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Count me in @ozrapsfan

Comment

• Today is a new day! Don't forget your tweet!

@RaptorsPR @Raptors @MattDevlinRaps
                #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans

Comment

• done and done

and i mean done
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Gosh I really hate superlatives like "cancerous" being used in these forums. Can't we at least try to be professional (or at least polite"ish") in our responses. I get it, people are frustrated. News flash, even those of us down East are frustrated. I love th eteam as much as anyone, but recognize that though lazy, AB is probably the most talented player we have (certainly the best scorer).

While I am not opposed to trading him, it would have to be for at least equal value...I am too tired of us getting fleeced in these transactions!

Go RAPS!!!

Comment

• Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                      Gosh I really hate superlatives like "cancerous" being used in these forums. Can't we at least try to be professional (or at least polite"ish") in our responses. I get it, people are frustrated. News flash, even those of us down East are frustrated. I love th eteam as much as anyone, but recognize that though lazy, AB is probably the most talented player we have (certainly the best scorer).

While I am not opposed to trading him, it would have to be for at least equal value...I am too tired of us getting fleeced in these transactions!

Go RAPS!!!
                      What do you believe is equal value? Dirk Nowitzki, or J.R. Smith?

Comment

• Yes, a few dozen tweeters is going to make the Raptors' management act.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                          Yes, a few dozen tweeters is going to make the Raptors' management act.
                          The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, my friend.

Comment

• Is it time to accept Bargnani's limitations?

Ummmm.... no. It is time to trade him!

It has been seven years, and the Raptors may have to simply accept that big man Andrea Bargnani, the No. 1 pick from the 2006 draft, will always have the limitations that have been obvious throughout his career.

Bargnani’s ability as a perimeter player has been his big positive, but he has never developed the post-up game the team had hoped for, and though he has gotten to be an average defender (that’s an improvement), he is still a poor rebounder. He has especially struggled this year, in which he has averaged 16.2 points on just 35.8 percent shooting. His 4.4 rebounds are his lowest average since his second season in the NBA.

And Bargnani has appeared frustrated at times during the year.

“Andrea is who he is,” coach Dwane Casey said. “If you’re looking for rah-rah guy that’s not him. He doesn’t show expression. Again that’s who he is. That doesn’t make him a bad guy or bad basketball player or whatever. But I do know that there are players who are like that who just don’t show any expression which doesn’t bother me. My thing is, you know, just be consistent. ... I don’t care about his expression. I don’t care if a guy’s a rah-rah guy or jumping up and down as long he’s putting the ball in the hole and playing defense.”

Bargnani himself admits that the Raptors’ record in recent years is wearing on him, and he feels some pressure to turn things around.

“Me personally, I would never say it’s too early to worry,” Bargnani said. “It has been four years now that we have had a losing record, so it’s definitely not early for me, Jose (Calderon), and the other guys that have been around. Nobody is thinking that it’s too early. We definitely have to turn it around and we are going to play better starting now.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...rs-dwane-casey
                            There is that switch again.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Ummmm.... no. It is time to trade him!

There is that switch again.

LOL its about damn time he switches it on

Comment

• Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Working...
                                X