Trade up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    i think BC's way of thanking Casey for changing the culture on a sad sack team and giving fans something to root for is going out and getting him MKG/Beal by any means necessary
    I would be well pleased with either and would be willing to trade up... but who do we trade?

Ed Davis or Amir?
    Bayless?
    DeRozan?
    Bargs?
    James Johsnon?
    Jose?

Personally, I'd only be willing to part with Amir or Bayless and neither/both of them combined will get the job done to move in to the top 3 if we end up with the 7th or 8th pick... Bayless is a dime a dozen and Amir is overpaid for what he provides.

After those two... I'd rather have our same roster plus a mid lottery pick than losing someone, be they potential future trade bait or a possible building block of the future.

Comment

Toinsy wrote: View Post
      Was just looking at standings. A win today would be disastrous.
      pulled that one out of the fire! should be an entertaining nets game

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        pulled that one out of the fire! should be an entertaining nets game
        Tonight's game was actually comical. Each team was doing their damndest to let the other team win ("You go first." "No, you." "No, please, I insist, YOU go first." "No...") And let's be honest, here. DC was tanking. This is the first time all season he has, but come on. He sat DD for, what, the last quarter, practically? Alabi in during crunch time, no James Johnson (yeah, five fouls, but come on). Not that I blame him, mind you....

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
          Tonight's game was actually comical. Each team was doing their damndest to let the other team win ("You go first." "No, you." "No, please, I insist, YOU go first." "No...") And let's be honest, here. DC was tanking. This is the first time all season he has, but come on. He sat DD for, what, the last quarter, practically? Alabi in during crunch time, no James Johnson (yeah, five fouls, but come on). Not that I blame him, mind you....

The DD, and JJ not playing in the 4th quarter is a obvious sign of tanking on DCs part.

When Alabi was on the floor during the 4th quarter it was to evaluate his progress so far, and it seems like all he needs is a good summer with Alex and he needs to get some private lessons with Dikembe/Hakeem ([<---]I wish right lol).
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

or maybe its because we are playing Milwaukee the very next day so he's giving his starters a rest?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              or maybe its because we are playing Milwaukee the very next day so he's giving his starters a rest?
              That's not a strategy Casey's used before. A close game versus a weak opponent (Detroit) would get priority over the next game versus a stronger opponent (Milwaukee). Casey was 100% tanking last night (although, probably as a result of Colangelo's "nudging").

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                That's not a strategy Casey's used before. A close game versus a weak opponent (Detroit) would get priority over the next game versus a stronger opponent (Milwaukee). Casey was 100% tanking last night (although, probably as a result of Colangelo's "nudging").
                This is from the Raptors PR.... er, I mean Doug Smith:

No big deal, really

Yes, DeMar DeRozan did not play in the fourth quarter and only played 28 minutes on the night – and played pretty well when he was out there – but, please, don’t read anything into it.

As Dwane said post-game, he just wanted to see what the other guys could give him in strange situations for them and if you can’t do that in Game 64 of a 66-game season against another going-nowhere team playing out the string, when can you do it?

Don’t be surprised if DeMar’s at about the same minutes tonight in Milwaukee or Thursday night at home; it’s nothing personal, it’s just that time of year.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...long-time.html

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  This is from the Raptors PR.... er, I mean Doug Smith:
                  Haha...I suppose it's hypocritical of me, because I read his blog a lot -- but Doug Smith might be more of a homer than Matt Devlin. Which is impressive, in a sort of depressing way.

Comment

Working...
                  X