Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Gray to Raptors

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Aaron Gray has agreed to a one-year deal with Toronto Raptors, league source tells Y! Sports.

Did not see this coming.

Aaron Gray

@WojYahooNBA
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    Aaron Gray has agreed to a one-year deal with Toronto Raptors, league source tells Y! Sports.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3207/aaron-gray

2010-11 with NOH:
      41 games played
      6 games started
      13.0 minutes per game
      3.1 ppg
      1.4-2.4 for .566 fg
      0.4-0.8 for .500 ft
      4.1 rebs
      0.4 ast
      0.3 blk
      0.3 blk

Key stat: 7'0" 270lbs

Comment

More warm bodies for the rotation who won't bring the win total up too much...I like it. For a shortened season it's going to be loooooooooooooong.

The 1 year deal is the surprising part.
        Last edited by Mess; Sat Dec 10, 2011, 02:40 PM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Interesting. Heard his name thrown out there a couple time, but I just didn't think he'd come.

Good young center. Great pick up.
          I always felt that with more minutes Gray could have been a good rotation player.

Comment

That's a lot of big bodies actually. I don't have a real problem with that, but I wonder if they will in fact bring Amir back quite slowly minutes-wise and so want Gray around for a big youngish body as insurance. He probably jumps ahead of Magloire instantly, which is fine, and I'm all for more big bodies to knock guys on their asses (assuming Gray does that well at least). He has some limited game, but is pretty much ideally suited to a backup role.

Comment

I like the signing. I have this feeling all these signing for 1 year are planned beyond next years cap. I keep feeling like these 1 yr deals for Pietrus(when oficial) , aaron gray, Magloire, are going to be traded at the deadline to other teams that need extra players to make a push in the playoffs and teams with injuries due to the harsh schedule.

My guess is that some or all of these players will be traded this year for picks or prospects and cap space... Barbosa also should be added to that list. These 1 yr deals are semi valuable depending how u look at it.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                I like the signing. I have this feeling all these signing for 1 year are planned beyond next years cap. I keep feeling like these 1 yr deals for Pietrus(when oficial) , aaron gray, Magloire, are going to be traded at the deadline to other teams that need extra players to make a push in the playoffs and teams with injuries due to the harsh schedule.

My guess is that some or all of these players will be traded this year for picks or prospects and cap space... Barbosa also should be added to that list. These 1 yr deals are semi valuable depending how u look at it.
                I'm not sure how much value any of the one year deals have. I hope you're right but I'm not sure.

Also, Magloire is official and Pietrus is not coming.

*EDIT* The more I think about it, there seems to be 2 logical conclusions here:

1) if Forbes deal is not matched by Denver, no Pietrus

2) if Forbes deal is matched by Denver, Pietrus*

*this assumes he did not fail physical.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Dec 10, 2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Lol

wolstatsun ryan wolstat
                  aaron gray had season-high 12 in first round against lakers. career-high is 19 against, you guessed, it, #raptors

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure how much value any of the one year deals have. I hope you're right but I'm not sure.

Also, Magloire is official and Pietrus is not coming.
                    Most i see is maybe a young guy sitting on a bench somewhere that wont get minutes or a 2nd rounder . still if we could package some picks together with a player for aonther 1st round id be happy with that. i hpre Gray has a decent season and can be made into an asset.

Comment

alanhahn Alan Hahn
                      Details: Chandler to NYK, Turiaf to WAS along with '13 2nd Rd pick from NYK, cash and '12 2nd Rd pick from DAL, Rautins to DAL.
                      Nothing against Aaron Gray but I wish the Raps could have got in on this.

By picking up Turiaf, WAS got:

2012 2nd round
                      2013 2nd round
                      cash

Turiaf is owed less than Pietrus.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Nothing against Aaron Gray but I wish the Raps could have got in on this.

By picking up Turiaf, WAS got:

2012 2nd round
                        2013 2nd round
                        cash

Turiaf is owed less than Pietrus.
                        I do like Turiaf, but 2 second round picks is a lot to give up for a 1 year rental. Still, I think Turiaf would have been a nice addition.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I do like Turiaf, but 2 second round picks is a lot to give up for a 1 year rental. Still, I think Turiaf would have been a nice addition.
                          No.... Washington actually received $3M and 2 second round draft picks (one from DAL, one from NY) for the one year rental of Turiaf. And with a 66 game schedule and $4M contract, the Wiz actually get him for free.

Comment

Maybe Grunwald and BC dont get along?

Comment

i was saying all along that we should sign him...

Comment

Working...
                              X