Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd just like to point out that the fans of one of the best teams in the league, in the Mecca of Basketball, was booing their team last night during a close game.

If there's anyone out there who can find a Knicks message board complaining about the boos, they win a prize!
    Wow, give it up already. Still feeling a need to defend booing an injured player in his first game back by equating it to booing a whole team that stunk up the joint for a full game?

No one is even talking about this anymore. Not sure what you're trying to prove.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I'd much rather a team that's capable of both with ALL their best players on the court...not one that needs to sub out somebody to go fast or go halfcourt...Boozer is this kind of player....

*Miami used LeBron in the post when the game slowed down. It doesn't have to be your big. We've seen Gay is good at posting up and passing out of it. With a stretch 4 you can still do that and have quality spacing.
      You're making it sound like Boozer is Oliver Miller

He may not be a gazelle like Amir, but he's a pretty versatile offensive player. The Jazz and Bulls won 50+ games five times with Boozer in their starting frontcourt.

Comment

• +1 on the amnesty idea. Why give away young talent and/or picks along with him in a trade for another overpaid player? Maybe we could make a splash in 2014 free agency. If this team makes the playoffs next year, FAs might actually want to sign here.
        Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        He needs to be amnestied.

Comment

• Commentary: you can get away with a lot more when you have a tradition of winning. Same action is going to be interpreted different ways.

Personally, I didn't boo at any of the few games I've been too and probably would never... but the main reason is why invest so much emotion into something that I feel the urge to express negative feelings at individuals who have no tangible impact on my life? Not to be condescending, but I kind of feel sorry for anybody that wrapped up that they absolutely have to boo. If you're just booing for fun, then whatever, to each his own, rofl

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
            Commentary: you can get away with a lot more when you have a tradition of winning. Same action is going to be interpreted different ways.

Personally, I didn't boo at any of the few games I've been too and probably would never... but the main reason is [BOLD]why invest so much emotion into something that I feel the urge to express negative feelings at individuals who have no tangible impact on my life[/BOLD]? Not to be condescending, but I kind of feel sorry for anybody that wrapped up that they absolutely have to boo. If you're just booing for fun, then whatever, to each his own, rofl
            Exactly.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
              Wow, give it up already. Still feeling a need to defend booing an injured player in his first game back by equating it to booing a whole team that stunk up the joint for a full game?

No one is even talking about this anymore. Not sure what you're trying to prove.
              Thanks to responses like this, yes, I still feel the need. First game back from injury is irrelevant.

Comment

• Westvleteren wrote: View Post
                +1 on the amnesty idea. Why give away young talent and/or picks along with him in a trade for another overpaid player? Maybe we could make a splash in 2014 free agency. If this team makes the playoffs next year, FAs might actually want to sign here.
                If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.

Comment

Thanks to responses like this, yes, I still feel the need. First game back from injury is irrelevant.
                  It's irrelevant to the "I can boo whoever I want, whenever I want" crowd. But it's far from irrelevant. You don't get it, I understand that. But it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Again, not sure what you're trying to accomplish by re-opening a dead thread. The two sides are never going to agree on this; it's not like your amazing insight after last night's game is going to change that.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                    It's irrelevant to the "I can boo whoever I want, whenever I want" crowd. But it's far from irrelevant. You don't get it, I understand that. But it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Again, not sure what you're trying to accomplish by re-opening a dead thread. The two sides are never going to agree on this; it's not like your amazing insight after last night's game is going to change that.
                    Re-opening a "dead thread" from YESTERDAY. How dare I dig up a corpse from the Mesozoic Era!!!

Comment

You're making it sound like Boozer is Oliver Miller

He may not be a gazelle like Amir, but he's a pretty versatile offensive player. The Jazz and Bulls won 50+ games five times with Boozer in their starting frontcourt.
                      Look at Boozer's playoff stats in Chicago though...that's the Boozer we'd be getting. Even if he helps us win some games, I think his postseason impact is being very overestimated. He has been almost a non-factor in Chicago's playoff series, and frankly, that's probably the biggest reason they acquired him as well: have an experienced go-to post player in the playoffs.

Also Boozer might not be Oliver Miller, but given his injury history and age, it is quite a risk to assume that he will keep being effective throughout his contract. He might even be starting his natural decline (shooting a career worst fg%...by a fair amount) already.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Who said he wanted to sign a 15 and 10 guy??? We still have depth issues at PG, to say the least, and who knows what other holes if more moves are made. Boozer is not actually the kind of player we need the most. JV figures to be able to score from all the same spots I think by his 3rd year. We will need a true stretch 4 who can shoot and rebound, so the floor is well spaced.

Getting Boozer also just moves us more toward Memphis' style by default as we'll have two big men who can't stretch out to the perimeter very well starting, in JV and Boozer....I frankly don't think it's a good idea. If we want to keep fast and athletic, Boozer ismaybe the worst possible choice...even worse than keeping Bargs in that sense. I would be more ok with trading for Millsap and trying to convince him to re-sign, just because of how bad a fit I see Boozer as for what TO seems to be trying to do on the court.
                        *I'd just like to add that style, I'm sure, is the other big reason Chicago wants this trade to happen. Boozer is almost useless as a PF when the game speeds up as it tends to these days. He can't guard stretch 4s, he certainly can't keep up with a small-ball lineup, where his bruising kind of post up game becomes harder to utilize because of pace...Thus he's less than ideal on both ends of the court.
                        It is a great year to be looking for backup PG's and a mini-MLE would be available.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

I don't think Boozer is ideal but it is certainly MUCH better than keeping Bargnani. Also, he becomes a huge expiring contract in 2 seasons time.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          If if Bargnani is amnestied, the team would still be over the salary cap and therefore only able to sign free agents for various exceptions. The Raps wouldn't be able to offer big contracts, unless done via S&T deal.
                          +1

They would likely be better off holding on to him, I hate to say, until he was an expiring..... and I wouldn't have to change my twitter handle

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I don't think Boozer is ideal but it is certainly MUCH better than keeping Bargnani. Also, he becomes a huge expiring contract in 2 seasons time.
                            The "trade Bargnani" narrative is threatening to ruin this team, one way or the other, if management starts to listen to fans.

Taking on Boozer's deal is not "certainly MUCH better" than keeping Bargnani. It *could* be better, if everything works out perfectly for Boozer in TO. But it could also be financial albatross, a chemistry-killer, a bane on the development of Valanciunas, and/or many other negative things before he comes off the books.

I'm on record as saying Bargnani has to go. But this "at all costs" narrative suggests that he's having some sort of soul-killing negative effect on the fortunes of the franchise. An unbiased look at the state of the team today says that's a vast over-estimation of Il Mago's relative impact.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ted-for-boozer

Comment

• Bulls fans need to accept Carlos Boozer for what he is-
                                http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baske...hat-he-is.html

Boozer deciding against diving for a loose ball might not be something fans in other NBA cities would even notice, for example. But it stands out on a team with a go-for-broke mentality that was illustrated by C.J. Watson dislocating his elbow diving for a loose ball during a 40-point victory over Memphis.
                                Has Carlos Boozer Turned the Corner for the Bulls?-
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carlos-...0869--nba.html

As to how long this will last is anyone's guess. It is fair to wonder if Boozer's renaissance is here to stay, or simply a fluke. Time will tell. But as of right now, Boozer is finally performing like the player Bulls fans thought he would be. As much heat as he has taken for underperforming, he now deserves a little love. Better late than never, right?
                                It's not just gaudy numbers that mark Boozer's improvement. There are also more subtle differences, such as an increase in free throw attempts-- which is an indicator of aggressiveness. And although Boozer will never be mistaken for a defensive stopper, he even looks to at least be trying on that end as well. A vital reason the Bulls have maintained a winning record while awaiting the return of Derrick Rose, Boozer has significantly stepped his game up. He looks to have gotten his "mojo" back.
                                Last edited by bobbybutler; Thu Feb 14, 2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X