No announcement yet.

The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it! Just running the updates on my new Super Slim 500GB PS3.
    Thing is crazy! I've never seen this one before. My buddies got the original .. its huge compared to this!

Comment

• Annnd the game looks amazing.
      Not sure I'm crazy about the new driving mechanics, but I'll get used to it.

Comment

• For the future: INFORM OF SPOILER ;(
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          For the future: INFORM OF SPOILER ;(
          Sorry .. Whats the Spoiler though..?
          They changed the driving mechanics? That's in every article written about the game.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Sorry .. Whats the Spoiler though..?
            They changed the driving mechanics? That's in every article written about the game.
            No man, I just mentioned that if you guys ever will try to share spoilers then inform before the message. Sorry for not being clear.

Comment

No man, I just mentioned that if you guys ever will try to share spoilers then inform before the message. Sorry for not being clear.
              Ohhh gotcha. Definitely. I would never ruin anything for anyone. Do unto others. And I know I'd hunt down some people if they Spoiled anything for me. So I'm with you man. Haha

Played last night for a few hours, seeing as I'm *cough*cough* home sick from work today ...
              Its a pretty phenomenal game so far. And I've literally done NOTHING. Lol

Comment

• Well I would be in deep trouble if I would start playing it. Like in serious trouble, so I'm quite happy because I have lots of important things to do.

Is the game universe big? Are those rumors that the size of map is gta 4 + SA + VC, true?

Comment

Well I would be in deep trouble if I would start playing it. Like in serious trouble, so I'm quite happy because I have lots of important things to do.
                  Ya I regreted this decision immediately. Lol

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Is the game universe big? Are those rumors that the size of map is gta 4 + SA + VC, true?
                  Its bigger than San Andreas, GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption combined.
                  And I'm pretty sure RDR is WAY bigger than Vice City. And it feels like it so far. The map is huge.
                  I drove on the highway for what felt like 10 minutes and didn't make it nearly as far as I thought I would have. Haha

This is the best video I could find doing a decent comparison to truly convey the size of this map ..

You can see by this video, its about 5x bigger than GTA4.
                  And rather than assuming the Airport Runways are the exact same, this assumes the Streets as the same width. Much better basis for size comparison.
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 17, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Wow it's huge, when I saw Los Santos map I thought, oh well, isn't that big as I thought, probably as big as in GTA SA. But it's almost the size of GTA 4, hah, great. Have fun man.

Comment

• Installing dlc right now. Will soon be immersed into the world of San Andreas once again

Comment

• I'm going with a buddy to pick up the Special Edition today. Probably going to be my last PS3 game so might as well go out with a bang

Comment

• Ya... GTA5 is dangerous ... this needs to be a Schedule 1 Controlled Drug.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEPAJgNKN_o

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Ya... GTA5 is dangerous ... this needs to be a Schedule 1 Controlled Drug.
                              Can you still pistol whip Hookers?

If so, I'm still not even remotely in support of this ridiculous franchise.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                                Can you still pistol whip Hookers?

If so, I'm still not even remotely in support of this ridiculous franchise.
                                Nope. You can Punch anybody you want in the face though ... including hookers.
                                Suppose it really just depends on what aspects of the game you enjoy. I enjoy the openness of the world, the depth of the missions and the driving mechanics. If people only want to focus on the fact that you can 'pistol whip a hooker' (because pistol whipping a regular citizen is different?) then thats besides the point. Just as in real life, this game allows you freedom to do what you please. But just like in real, you have to choose whether or not you exploit it.

Comment

Working...
                                X