So Tonights game vs the Nets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Tonights game vs the Nets

Has only 8 Raps available No Bargs (elbow) No Lowry (Shoulder) Klieza (Back) No Amir (suspension) The Raps starting line is...

Calderon, DeRozan, Pietrus, Davis, JV
    Bench
    Gray, Lucas Ross

Raptors are trying to bring Acy up for tonights game. Bargs is out indefinitely and Casey says "its Ed's time to shine we need his energy and defense something that Bargs didnt necessarily provide"

So this is going to be painful to watch but Im glad I get to see the development of some key guys. thoughts ?

It's gonna be ugly, especially if Lopez plays

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Has only 8 Raps available No Bargs (elbow) No Lowry (Shoulder) Klieza (Back) No Amir (suspension) The Raps starting line is...

Calderon, DeRozan, Pietrus, Davis, JV
      Bench
      Gray, Lucas Ross

Raptors are trying to bring Acy up for tonights game. Bargs is out indefinitely and Casey says "its Ed's time to shine we need his energy and defense something that Bargs didnt necessarily provide"

So this is going to be painful to watch but Im glad I get to see the development of some key guys. thoughts ?
      With Acy in the D-League... Man, what happened to our depth? Injuries have always been our problem.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

There never was any quality to our depth anyway. Injured or not makes no difference.

I'm going to this game. I'm expecting to be entertained...

... by the mascot. That guy is one funny dude. I hope he puts on the puffy version of his costume!
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          There never was any quality to our depth anyway. Injured or not makes no difference.

I'm going to this game. I'm expecting to be entertained...

... by the mascot. That guy is one funny dude. I hope he puts on the puffy version of his costume!
          Have fun watching Brooklyn run CIRCLES around tired men...

Comment

Excited to see what Davis can do with more playing time, but fuck this is going to be horrible.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              With Acy in the D-League... Man, what happened to our depth? Injuries have always been our problem.
              Team is not that deep. Casey & Colangelo were overhypng the team back in preseason.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                I'm expecting to be entertained...

If there was a championship for mascots without a doubt Toronto would have a dynasty going on right now.

Ya though team is crippled I think Lopez is hurt Not sure at all about this though. Anderson and fields are expected to be back in a week, don't know if that will make a difference though...

Comment

Williams usually does whatever he wants vs. Calderon. I don't expect any resistance at all.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Team is not that deep. Casey & Colangelo were overhypng the team back in preseason.
                    Not deep in talent, but deep in position.

PG: Lowry/Calderon/Lucas
                    SG: Derozan/Ross/Anderson
                    SF: Fields/Kleiza/Pietrus
                    PF: Bargnani/Johnson/Davis/Acy
                    C: Valanciunas/Gray

At every position, the back-ups are all capable of playing good minutes and contributing, and capable of starting. Not saying we are deep in talent, but we had guys behind another to step up. Now that depth is gone, for the 1st tier of players are basically gone due to injury. 8 players in a game? Usual playoff rotation right? Except when your back-ups are third string type players and a rookie.

Comment

This did not need its own thread, in my opinion. Deleted thread. Put post in here. Sorry.

With Bargnani out indefinitely, I hope we see a dramatic return to Casey ball circa 2011-12. I am not sure if that is even possible but 'fingers crossed'. Hopefully Casey realizes Colangelo is on his way out and if he is going to follow suit, he should go out on his own terms. After the dramatic defensive shift from last season to this season, I am praying Casey is only being a good soldier thus far. Time to get back to your strengths, coach! #poundtherock

This quote inspires:

"That’s part of the NBA. We’re all professionals. I’m sure if we went to other professions and said: ‘Hey your job is on the line.’ That’s part of the job, we live in a glass bowl, I live in a glass bowl that’s part of the territory when we sign up. We’re all men. I’ve explained that to players, you’ve got to perform. Trade rumours, firing, whatever it is, we all have to perform, we have a job to do. We can’t go into a shell and say: ‘Please go away, please go away.’ No, we’ve got a job to do. I’ve been through toughter times. I told the players some of you have been through tougher times at home. This is when you have to pull your pants up. I think I heard the term big boy pants, and be ready to play. That’s where I am. I’m a fighter, I’m a scrapper. I’m still with this team. We’re working hard, we worked hard in shootaround this morning. To be prepared for Brooklyn or whoever we’re playing. I’m not shying away from this opportunity."

http://sulia.com/channel/toronto-rap...source=twitter

Hopefully he has not lost the room and hopefully #tradeBargnani has played his last game in a Raptors uniform.

Comment

Triple double for Ed Davis: 30 points, 20 rebounds and 10 blocks. We win by 20 and Demar goes off for 40. This begins our title run. book it.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Blowout
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

So funny they're "trying" to bring Acy back. I woulda made the call as soon as Amir threw that mouthpiece. They have an airport in Bakersfield?
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Maybe they can get Mcguire back before he packs his bags. Quick BC!

I know they will get blown out. But I kind of like this line up. Let our young guys play. Finally Casey will be forced to play Aaron Gray. FINALLY! He is our Rasho, so why is he riding the pine.

Comment

Working...
                              X