Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 101 - Cavaliers 81 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 101 - Cavaliers 81 (F)

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Jack, DeRozan, Kleiza, Evans, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R) Calderon, Andersen, Barbosa, Dorsey, Johnson, Weems, Wright

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Alabi, Davis, Banks

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Sessions, Parker, Moon, Jamison, Hickson

Bench

(L to R) Gibson, Hollins, J. Williams, Graham, Powe, Samuels

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) M. Williams, Eyenga, Varejao

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Bargnani: 21 pts. vs. NYK / Evans: 16 rebs vs. NYK

Hickson: 21 pts vs. Bos / Boobie: 16 pts vs. Bos

KEY MATCH-UPS

Jarrett Jack vs. Ramon Sessions

Andrea Bargnani vs. Anderson Varejao

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Don't forget to vote for the winner at the top of every game thread.

OK guys and gals, tomorrow night we take on the other team which all of the NBA have already written off in the Cavaliers. But based on their performance the other night versus Beantown, this isn't going to be a cake walk for the Raptors. Antawn is coming off the bench and apparently isn't happy. Mo Williams will be a game time decision because of a nagging groin injury. So in their absences (aka limited time for Antawn) players like Sessions, Hickson and Boobie Gibson have stepped in their place. Should be interesting tomorrow night at the ACC.
    Toronto Raptors
    78.57%
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    21.43%

Varrejao might not play, his dad is having heart surgery and he's been excused. Afternoon decision.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5738730

Raptors better win, I've got my tickets to the game! Cleveland did just beat Boston though, hopefully they spent a lot of energy in the process...

Comment

Thanks Mack. Didn't see that earlier. I'll tweak the line-up then.

Comment

I voted for Cleveland because they're schooling everyone in my nba2k11.

Comment

After looking at that lineup, I am thankful the Raptors are not as hosed as the Cavs.

The problem with them is not just that they suck. Heck, if they keep playing good defense, they might get a playoff spot. The problem with them is that they suck and they are OLD. Old, old, old and crappy. Poor bastards.

Comment

Under Cleveland's Bench it says "Graham". Would that be a Joey Graham or a Stephen Graham? Or is there a triplet I don't know about?

Comment

That's Joey, Mack. As if you can't tell the difference between him and his brother.

Comment

Hey, if Varejao isn't starting, who's gonna take his place, Hollins? LMFAO.

Comment

Hope JT has his best gameface on....cause Scott mostly always is.

Comment

Thing we need to do to win
                    -------------------------

Kleiza needs to play better, hit open shots and stop turning the ball over.

Bargs needs to shoot some more jumpshots/3s.

Defend the perimeter, if we give up 9 3s again we are doomed.

Make free throws! Especially late.

Amir needs to stop taking retarded fouls.

Weems needs to shoot better.
                    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Oct 29, 2010, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                      I voted for Cleveland because they're schooling everyone in my nba2k11.
                      LOL. oddly, in mine i got drafted by the heat... our only two losses so far have been toronto and cleveland.

Comment

Sam's RR game preview is now available over on the main blog: http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/10/2...tober-30-2010/

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          LOL. oddly, in mine i got drafted by the heat... our only two losses so far have been toronto and cleveland.
                          hahaha i know ive started my day right when ive read your post heinz

i think the raps are going to win this one, but they shouldnt take the cavs for granted because they still have dangerous players.

if we win tonight, we'll be tied with the heat and celtics. who wouldve known.....

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            Serious? You actually lost? HAHA. In my My Player I got drafted by Memphis 25th. I restarted because my earlier PG got drafted by the Spurs 20th, but I was 5'10 and they kept on playing me at the 2 and 3. I was matched up for 20 minutes against Rashard Lewis in one game. But now Memphis is funner, I'm a SG, 6'4 and I get time at SG and PG

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              Serious? You actually lost? HAHA. In my My Player I got drafted by Memphis 25th. I restarted because my earlier PG got drafted by the Spurs 20th, but I was 5'10 and they kept on playing me at the 2 and 3. I was matched up for 20 minutes against Rashard Lewis in one game. But now Memphis is funner, I'm a SG, 6'4 and I get time at SG and PG
                              LOL.. i wont say the it was ME who lost.. but by the time i got subbed in, we were already down by 14 towards the end of the 1st, and bargs was lighting it up.

miami is messed in the game though, i'm a 6'3" SG... and they've given me time at every position except C. trying to get your teammate grade up when you're a guard defending KG is impossible

i debated restarting the second miami drafted me.. but you get a TON of open looks on that team

Comment

Working...
                              X