Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh S&T To Miami Done Deal? (Update on Pg. 8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple first rounders > nothing.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Note: The CBS article does not mention how much the TPE is. I wonder where Wolstat got his number? Not saying that his number is wrong. Just wondering.
      It's an estimation based on all 3 players taking less money so Miami can sign Mike Miller with the remaining cap space. If they were receiving max money, the TPE would be for $16.67 mil.

Comment

• 2 first rounders next June. Very nice. If Raptors don't like the players available can swap them with TPE to move up down or all around the board or whatever.

Good flexibility with the large TPE and two firsts next June. Got to love it.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I wonder if Riley bothered to lottery-protect that Miami first-rounder. I'm guessing not... COME ON, SEASON ENDING INJURIES!!!!

Comment

• BC did well by holding firm on this transaction. I am sure he probably held out for the extra pick and of course refused to take on salary (Beasley).

We can move forward now and hope for good choices with these assets. Wonder if that exchange of picks with Minny is in play here.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Amir when asked whose team is the Raptors now that Bosh has left said. "It is the fans team"

Based on that statement I think that MLSE should give the $15 million back to season ticket holders in 2010-11
              That statement also just inspired our next run of RR t-shirts: a print that says "Amir Johnson is my Homeboy".

As much as BC would support and thus validate your "TPE-sharing" suggestion (it would cover the annual subscription free for RaptorsTV for every Raps fan in CDN - sorry Buddha), it would amount to committing the most sacrilegious sin imaginable to MLSE.
              RR OG

Comment

• im really happy this got done and we got an extra pick
                now we will have our second round pick this year

wait... can someone tell me what we traded to Dallas for Alabi?

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Sign & Trade Bosh 2 Maimi...

Raptors receive

TPE 16 million
                  1st Round Pick(Ours that we traded in Jermaine O'neal/Shawn Marion Deal)
                  1st Round Pick(Minesota Timberwolves)...I believe they swaped in Micheal Beasley deal...that would be sweet if we get Minesota Timberwolves pick..always pretty good pick.
                  You know. This is actually better than what the Raptors got for Vince.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• INFO wrote: View Post
                    im really happy this got done and we got an extra pick
                    now we will have our second round pick this year

wait... can someone tell me what we traded to Dallas for Alabi?
                    Actually no. Our 2011 2nd round pick goes to Detroit (Delfino trade, which has effectively been two 2nd rounders and Roko Ukic for Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems).

We traded a different 2nd round pick along with cash considerations to Dallas for Alabi.

Comment

• Glad they got their own #1 back. This is a good return considering the alternatives.
                      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        You know. This is actually better than what the Raptors got for Vince.
                        Hm, let's compare:

Carter for Mourning, Aaron Williams, Eric Williams, 16th overall 2005 pick, 20th overall 2006 pick

Bosh for $15 mil TPE, Toronto's 2011-2014 non-lottery pick or 2015 lottery pick and Miami's 2011 first-round pick.

Miami's 2011 first-round pick is not as good as the 20th overall we fetched, but the difference between the 20th overall and a late-20 to 30 first round pick isn't that big. I really don't think we're getting the one that was swapped with Minnesota. If anyone is getting that (and if it's an actual swap and not a right to swap), it would be Cleveland. Advantage: Carter.

If we made the playoffs, it would be barely, so the pick we got back would be a wash with the 16th overall we got in the Carter trade. HOWEVER, since there's always a chance that we could be a lottery team in 2015, I'd take our pick back over the Carter 16th overall any day. And no, it doesn't matter that it used to be ours, as many people have complained; even if O'Neal for Marion would have been a wash 1-for-1, our protected first and 2010 2nd round pick was to make up the ~23 mil difference in total salary Miami took off our hands (and that's *with* Banks). Advantage: Bosh.

~$15 mil TPE vs Mourning and the two Williamses? Well, aside from the $12 mil in 2004-2005 salary, and that we basically spent cap space and salary on Mourning to play for the Heat, even if we don't use the TPE credit this would come out to a win. Advantage: Bosh.

Considering we traded Bosh with little leverage, and traded Carter when we had all the leverage (two and a half years plus player option remaining on his contract), there's no question the Bosh deal is better than the Carter deal by a mile.

Situation-wise, I think we are also better off now than back then. I'd take Calderon and Turkoglu's $73.3 mil in long-term salary obligations over the $107.2 mil we owed in long-term obligations back then to Jalen Rose, my favorite Raptor Alvin Williams (I love him but he only played 1 game for the last 4 years of his contract), Alonzo Mourning who we could not even trade since we bought him out, Lamond Murray and Aaron Williams. The expiring contracts of Donyell Marshall, Eric Williams and Eric Montross are a wash with this year's Reggie Evans, Marcus Banks and Marco Belinelli, but Jack, DeRozan, Weems, Davis, Alabi, Johnson and Bargnani sure look better than Rafer Alston, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Matt Bonner, Pape Sow and Rafael Araujo going forward (especially knowing now that Bosh will leave us for very little).

Comment

• I said on the other thread, this is actually better than what the Raptors got for Vince, and that wasn't a sign and trade It could actually end up being much better depending on what they get with the trade exception. It sounds like Colangelo might try and get another draft pick or something like that with it. It might be something to wait to use in the next draft to maybe move up.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            It might be something to wait to use in the next draft to maybe move up.
                            Exactly what I was thinking.

The 2 first rounders are better than nothing and ideally they will enable the Raptors to get even younger, more athletic and more skilled.

I have no idea about the potential strength of the next draft but if we have enough assets to move up to a top 3 pick and get our next great player then I don't mind BC holding onto the TPE til then. No need to rush things now.

Of course, I have no idea what the looming lockout will do to next year's draft. Maybe college players stay in school another year instead of heading to Europe to play. Or does the NBDL keep going if the NBA doesn't. Hmm..
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• I believe That BC received all the assets that were going to be made available. I don't fault him on how this all went down.
                              I can certainly appreciate the "rebuild" sentiment, I do like our young core.
                              From BC statements about not tanking the season however, I believe he would be looking to utilize the TPE now. There seems to be a lot of ($$) value in these TPE's being generated presently, that has to reduce their value and the opportunity to use them.

I would think that he would be in discussions with the Nuggets for a S & T for Kleiza. We would get back our MLE. Could that portion of the TBE be trasferred to Denver for them to use.

Comment

• Can the TPE be traded in whole or in part? If so, then this could be used in a number of ways. One would be to trade it to a top team that is angling to get a top talent that might be out of Toronto's reach. For example, say the Mavs or Lakers or Magic or the Knicks or NJ want to trade for Chris Paul, they can't do it without sending back the equivalent salary. Instead, could they trade for Toronto's TPE to make it happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X