Masai Ujiri on Fan590 (Apr.21/14) & $25k fine from NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    I believe this was a calculated move on his part.
    Oh definitely was. You could see TL and MU exchange glances as Mu moved over to the edge of the stage before dropping the f bomb.

Also MU is a very composed person, can't really see him saying that without thinking about it first.

I love that he did it. Too many front office people try to be politically correct and I'm glad someone showed a bit of passion for the team they run, especially for this beaten and abused franchise

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Oh definitely was. You could see TL and MU exchange glances as Mu moved over to the edge of the stage before dropping the f bomb.

Also MU is a very composed person, can't really see him saying that without thinking about it first.

I love that he did it. Too many front office people try to be politically correct and I'm glad someone showed a bit of passion for the team they run, especially for this beaten and abused franchise
      I was just about to write the same thing basically. That type of emotion from the front office "suit" guys is nothing short of awesome.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        I believe you (as others) have missed the point. I was addressing solidarity with, team spirit and other sports cliches while you are focused on opposition to a semi serious tongue-in-cheek suggestion....because MLSE is "milking" you? It must then pain you much to support the Raptors by watching their games on tv (watching the ads their games spew) and possibly buying paraphenalia etc. btw, the suggestion/contribution was voluntary as every other act we as fans perform in pursuit of following this team.

MU clearly had a brain fart and should have expressed himself differently. Even the fine was clearly a change of mind. Perceived or not he was referring to the Nets positioning themselves to play the Raptors over the Bulls. That has nothing to do with the price of hot dogs in the ACC.
        Sorry, didn't realize you were semi-serious about the suggestion, nothing in your post indicated as such. And I do get the point, Raps fans pay MU's fine and that sends a message of support and all that...great. And hey, if you want to be one of those fans to donate to something that MU did and got fined for, even though you don't agree with what he did, then by all means. The voluntary aspect of your suggestion is more than obvious btw. Is there even another option?

And yes, it does pain me to support the Raptors by watching their games on TV. Why? Because the only reason I even have cable is to watch the Raptors. So knowing I'm shelling out $80-$100 per month, or whatever it is (i'd have to check with the gf) just to watch 2, 3 or 4 games a week for 8-9 months a year...well, yeah, that kinda sucks. But hey, if I don't do that, then I don't watch the games and I don't support the Raps or the league, but because I find it entertaining and interesting it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, but I don't have to like it! Nonetheless, I am not willing to sacrifice $1 to pay for MU's PR mistakes or team spirit, tongue in cheek or not!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          Sorry, didn't realize you were semi-serious about the suggestion, nothing in your post indicated as such. And I do get the point, Raps fans pay MU's fine and that sends a message of support and all that...great. And hey, if you want to be one of those fans to donate to something that MU did and got fined for, even though you don't agree with what he did, then by all means. The voluntary aspect of your suggestion is more than obvious btw. Is there even another option?

And yes, it does pain me to support the Raptors by watching their games on TV. Why? Because the only reason I even have cable is to watch the Raptors. So knowing I'm shelling out $80-$100 per month, or whatever it is (i'd have to check with the gf) just to watch 2, 3 or 4 games a week for 8-9 months a year...well, yeah, that kinda sucks. But hey, if I don't do that, then I don't watch the games and I don't support the Raps or the league, but because I find it entertaining and interesting it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, but I don't have to like it! Nonetheless, I am not willing to sacrifice $1 to pay for MU's PR mistakes or team spirit, tongue in cheek or not!
          I think a lot of people do support what Masai said. So therein lies the disagreement.

Donating money for the fine is a symbol of support, so clearly, you, who doesn't support "Fuck Brooklyn", would not donate any money.

edit: Oh and I meant to say, that's more of the issue for you than the money.
          Last edited by stooley; Wed Apr 23, 2014, 02:33 PM.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            I think a lot of people do support what Masai said. So therein lies the disagreement.

Donating money for the fine is a symbol of support, so clearly, you, who doesn't support "Fuck Brooklyn", would not donate any money.
            Well if the only way to support it is to help pay the fine, then no I do not support it. I thought it was awesome though, as I mentioned previously.

Comment

Well if the only way to support it is to help pay the fine, then no I do not support it. I thought it was awesome though, as I mentioned previously.
              woops my bad. but seriously?

you support it, but wouldn't dream of shelling out a single penny? at least I'm pretending I would
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Have you not head of league pass? Get a good broadband connection and stream all the games for the price of 2-3 months of cable. There are even cheaper alternatives too like Ballstreams. I ditched cable 2 years ago and have never looked back.

Comment

woops my bad. but seriously?

you support it, but wouldn't dream of shelling out a single penny? at least I'm pretending I would
                  I've supported this team in one way or another since day one...I've already shelled out my share of pennies!!

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    Have you not head of league pass? Get a good broadband connection and stream all the games for the price of 2-3 months of cable. There are even cheaper alternatives too like Ballstreams. I ditched cable 2 years ago and have never looked back.
                    I have streamed games in the past and the quality just sucked. Maybe I was just streaming from bad sources, I don't know. Aren't all Raps games blacked out on league pass anyways?

Comment

I have streamed games in the past and the quality just sucked. Maybe I was just streaming from bad sources, I don't know. Aren't all Raps games blacked out on league pass anyways?
                      There are tons of free ways to get around the blackouts. Just google it. Quality is pretty dependent on your internet connection, so I'd take the cable money and put it towards faster broadband speeds. Comcast offers a 50 MBS package where I live and it streams everything no problem.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                        He got fined $25K by the NBA. He has to apologize publicly. How is that flying so far over your head?

If you listen to the actual interview, he sounds legitimately ashamed. Doesn't sound like a canned apology at all.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm going to mostly ignore the Rob Ford point. I don't really support him, but think the discussion should be centered around his actual performance on the job. Extra-curriculars shouldn't factor into hiring/firing someone (I actually think that stems from one of the greatest issues in current democracies, which is the obsession/emphasis put on appearance, campaign ads and PR as opposed to voters actually educating themselves about the issues at hand).

Ok, so I didn't really ignore that... sorry.

And... realized I didn't have anything else to add to the convo I'd delete this but I've come this far...
                          Lol all I'm going to say about this is, as with anyone, don't trust what someone has to say about their own job performance.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            Lol all I'm going to say about this is, as with anyone, don't trust what someone has to say about their own job performance.
                            I'm with you one hundred percent there.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm with you one hundred percent there.
                              And Stooley I wasn't laughing at your comment itself, I was laughing at the fact that we'd actually begun to discuss Ford. For some reason I found that funny.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Just my opinion, i don't think the F Brooklyn comment was disrespectful at all. I truly believe that he said that to PUMP UP THE CROWD outside. That's all it is.

You know what's disrespectful?? tanking the last 5 games of the season so that they can play the Raptors in the playoffs. Now that's disrespectful.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X