Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Gunz Shoot Raptors in the Claw...Again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    How would you feel if both these guys develop into versatile complete players. You'd prolly feel like shit. Im pretty sure they can't get worse, only can improve. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd wait and see what the situation looks like in a few years. Patience is a virtue.
    Bullshit - wait for a few years - are you kidding me. Why wait - there are tons of other players who play like they give a damn and get put up the same numbers these two jokers are.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Something needs to be done, via trade, or starting lineup shuffle. These guns are shooting nothing but blanks, and put us with 1 ft in the hole before the 1st quarter finishes.
      What if the coaches didn't throw Bargnani out there in all those games he got exposed when he was a sophomore? The Raptors invested a high choice in DeRozan and now they need to stay committed to the plan. To have so much patience with Bargnani and yet pull the plug on DeRozan would make no sense what so ever. I think DeRozan looks just as good/bad as Bargnani did in his second year.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        What if the coaches didn't throw Bargnani out there in all those games he got exposed when he was a sophomore? The Raptors invested a high choice in DeRozan and now they need to stay committed to the plan. To have so much patience with Bargnani and yet pull the plug on DeRozan would make no sense what so ever. I think DeRozan looks just as good/bad as Bargnani did in his second year.
        I hope they dont develop these youngs guys the way they did Bargnani, because Bargs development took way too long. its not because of him tho, but probably because Bosh was always the focal point on offense. the thing is, they shouldnt leave it to the coach/staff to make plays for them, they should be aggressive and create their own shots. demar and sonny are very capable of doing this. just look at the lakers, kobe gets up an average of 20 shots per game, gasol, around 15. but youll still see fisher, odom scoring in double figures, and barnes, brown, artest getting at least 5-6 shots per night. its because these guys find their own shots.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          the only diff. is that bargs had a better front court partner than DD has on his wing.. id rather weems be taken out the starting 5 & choose the 3 based on performance.. or matchup... if kleiza plays better & starts hitting his shots more then hed be the best option but if not then start Peja when healthy...

Comment

Sometimes I get very impatient with the Raptors. The saving grace this year has been signs of improvement and effort. Neither were witnessed yesterday. That is very frustrating. Now, let us put that in perspective.

The OKC Thunder are widely regarded to have one of the best front offices in the NBA - most notably Sam Presti.

They also have some of the best young talent in Durant and Westbrook plus great players in Green, Ibaka, Maynor, and potentially Harden.

They had the #2 and received #5 in 2007 draft, #4 in 2008, #3 in 2009.

They FINALLY made the playoffs in 2010 after a 5 year absence - despite having all that talent.

In fact the year AFTER they drafted Durant they went from 31 wins (missed playoffs, drafted #10, Petro - who?) to 20 wins. The next season with Durant in his second year and Westbrook a rookie, they won 23 games. Durant's 3rd year and Westbrook's 2nd they won 50 and made the playoffs in the 8th seed in the west.

What is my point? Time to put things in perspective with regards to expectations.

Hustle, grit, effort, signs of improvement - yes, everynight, they are not good enough to not.

Wins? unforunately not as frequent as losses.

The media in the US have the Raptors as the worst team in the league. Many posters on this forum have us in the 6-8 seed. The reality most likely falls somewhere in the middle.

Am I saying the Raptors should tank? Absolutely not.

Am I saying expectations should be lowered? Yes - in terms of wins and losses.

Am I saying hustle, effort, and improvement should be ignored? Absolutely not. It is this last one that has me so upset about yesterday.

Comment

Listen guys, the 2-3 spots are one of the most essential in terms of both offensive output and defensive prerequisites. Demar cannot handle the ball like a true guard, his jump shot is broken (but can be fixed), and he disappears mentally during important sequences.

Do I think he can recover- yes. Should he be a starter- if we want to win, then NO. Not yet.

Some say "it's ok he sucks cuz he's young". For those Raptors fans that want to see wins, not a bunch of D-league all stars being touted as something more than they are, that is BS. We want wins people. Hate to say it, but Demar, Sonny, Amir, they are never going to be All Stars. We have more capable 2s and 3s who can start games and perhaps allow us to win a few games.

Comment

I can't believe you hate the Raptors and Toronto so much dude!

Have you heard of the term hypocrite before? I'm pretty sure that's your face next to in the Webster's dictionary.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I can't believe you hate the Raptors and Toronto so much dude!

Have you heard of the term hypocrite before? I'm pretty sure that's your face next to in the Webster's dictionary.
                  Stop biting my styles bro

YOU are not only a hater of the Raptors, you are clearly a hater of YOURSELF. Go look in the mirror, cry a little, you will feel better after when you realize some things......then go here www.miamiheat.com and dont come back

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                    How would you feel if both these guys develop into versatile complete players. You'd prolly feel like shit. Im pretty sure they can't get worse, only can improve. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'd wait and see what the situation looks like in a few years. Patience is a virtue.

Hey Multipaul, since your so good at "analyzing" answer me this. Why is it so hard for Andrea Bargnani to grab 10 rebounds in a game? Since Reggie isn't playing anytime soon. He better get his ass on it.
                    Nice deflection, your argument is as transparent as Demar's defense

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                      dude please stfu. what the fuck do you expect are you gonna bitch after every loss ? we lost to a way better team, our offensive execution sucks, no play are being run for demar,

we are a lottery team, theres no trade out there that can change that.
                      Don't be like that. I love this team and therefore I want to win. Losers like you say "ohhh whahhahwhwhwh ATL is a tougher team". GET LOST. We can beat any team in the NBA as long as we put out the best lineup and stop getting exposed by our weakest links. Go cry somewhere else, real fans want to win now. "we are a lottery team"= losers mentality, go man up son

Comment

I don't understand..why is it only the Young Onez that are responsible for the loss against Atlanta? What about Bargnani? He was pretty invisible too. The loss is on everyone. Every soundbite out there was "we lost to a better team", or "They straight out beat us in every facet of the game"

Face it. Atlanta is a better team. That's being a realist.

Comment

Stop biting my styles bro

YOU are not only a hater of the Raptors, you are clearly a hater of YOURSELF. Go look in the mirror, cry a little, you will feel better after when you realize some things......then go here www.miamiheat.com and dont come back
                          What's wrong with you? Why must everyone who has a different opinion than yours be a Heat fan? Why do you direct them to that site? Get off of it. It's weak, bro.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            What's wrong with you? Why must everyone who has a different opinion than yours be a Heat fan? Why do you direct them to that site? Get off of it. It's weak, bro.
                            how come in a thread about the young gunz not being good enuff for us to compete against solid teams like ATL and BOS you somehow bring andrea into the conversation?

Must be that you agree with me and therefore try to deflect to another topic. That is what alot of kids do when you bust them on something.

www.dwaynewade.com

Comment

how come in a thread about the young gunz not being good enuff for us to compete against solid teams like ATL and BOS you somehow bring andrea into the conversation?

Must be that you agree with me and therefore try to deflect to another topic. That is what alot of kids do when you bust them on something.

www.dwaynewade.com
                              Why do I bring Andrea into the conversation? Because it's you win as a team, lose as a team. No one is exempt from criticism and you can't place the blame squarely on 1 or two players, especially on this team.

And once again, the reference to the Miami Heat or someone on their team is weak. What does that have to do with anything?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                                Why do I bring Andrea into the conversation? Because it's you win as a team, lose as a team. No one is exempt from criticism and you can't place the blame squarely on 1 or two players, especially on this team.

And once again, the reference to the Miami Heat or someone on their team is weak. What does that have to do with anything?
                                Mango, this thread is about how Demar and Sonny are not starters yet and cost us wins. It is not about Andrea. Andrea was not getting exposed by Josh Smith the way Demar was getting OWNED by ATL.

Comment

Working...
                                X