Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Smith: Ben Uzoh (PG) officially in Raptors fold

Via Twitter.com:

SmithRaps Ben Uzoh officially in #Raptors fold, like swallows returning to Capistrano, the 10-day guys arrive in Toronto

Ben Uzoh is signed for a 10-day contract.

ESPN Player Profile with college stats and NBA stats.

BC loves his 6'3", 205lb point guards.

Now here's a 10 day I can get behind
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Meh...
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Meh...
        lol - one needs to be a close friend or relative of Udoh to get pumped for this.

Still, it is nice to see some PG help. Calderon can't continue to play 45 minutes per night. And I really wouldn't mind shutting him down for the year with 10-12 games left (i.e. next week to 10 days).

Comment

I think its good. 10 day contracts are like in-season try-outs for hopefully, a diamond in the ruff.

And it gives hope to those players not in the NBA striving hard and hoping to someday be able to play pro.

To us, these guys may (and are probably are) look like scrubs, but theyre earning a living so really nothing to sneeze at.

Man, i think a tear just rolled down my cheek.

Comment

I don't know if anyone should ever get excited about a 10 day. But seriously folks, anything that keeps Jose from playing 45 mos a game I'm down for.

I miss Anthony Carter...
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              lol - one needs to be a close friend or relative of Udoh to get pumped for this.

Still, it is nice to see some PG help. Calderon can't continue to play 45 minutes per night. And I really wouldn't mind shutting him down for the year with 10-12 games left (i.e. next week to 10 days).
              I agree shutting down Jose is a great idea it's just too bad Bayless can't stay healthy.

Comment

If Bayless won't accept a role as a 6th man socring combo guard and Barbosa doesn't come back next season maybe Uzoh could be that guy? maybe not? It seems that BC/DC are looking for someone with that skill set.

Comment

Looks like Marcus Banks lol

Comment

We probably don't need to dissect this move much. By season's end, nobody will remember Ben Uzoh. He'll be lucky to pass Alabi in minutes played, and he isn't the next Jeremy Lin.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      We probably don't need to dissect this move much. By season's end, nobody will remember Ben Uzoh. He'll be lucky to pass Alabi in minutes played, and he isn't the next Jeremy Lin.
                      I agree - except on minutes played. Between Bayless' ankle and hip, Calderon's excessive minutes, DeRozan's injury with Forbes filling his role, and Anderson's trial by fire last night, I expect him to see some significant burn.

One good thing is at least Udoh is still relatively young. He most likely will not pan out in to anything but you never know, y'know.

Comment

Uzohtricity.....get behind it!!

Comment

Ben should change his last name spelling to Ouzo then the Greek community will get behind him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            At the rate that Alabi's career has gone so far, it'll be another 12 seasons before Alabi surpasses Uzoh in total minutes played in the NBA.

Uzoh has 450 so far. Alabi has 72.
                            Last edited by ebrian; Tue Mar 27, 2012, 04:21 PM.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

It is quite possible that Solomin Alabi is the worst player to ever play in the NBA... no wait Rusuol Butler is the worst player ever to play in the NBA.. Alabi is the second worst. How is it that the raptors have had the two worst players in NBA history on their team in the same year? mathematically impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X