Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo really dropped the ball on this one. That Barbosa trade should have been made prior to March 1st. Chandler would have been a perfect fit for the 2013 Raptors. He received basically the same contract as Barbosa has. He would have added depth at the 2 and 3, even if we draft Barnes, Beal, MKG or Lamb, it still would have worked.

I don't think Batum will be available and if he is he will be 4 million more than what Chandler received.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Colangelo really dropped the ball on this one. That Barbosa trade should have been made prior to March 1st. Chandler would have been a perfect fit for the 2013 Raptors. He received basically the same contract as Barbosa has. He would have added depth at the 2 and 3, even if we draft Barnes, Beal, MKG or Lamb, it still would have worked.

I don't think Batum will be available and if he is he will be 4 million more than what Chandler received.
      It takes two to make a trade. Who says Indiana were willing or ready to deal? They also were looking at Kaman - reportedly.

Comment

• Let's consider this one a free pass. We all got to postulate on what kind of an impact Chandler would make on the Raptors and how much money we would have had to throw at him. So the bar is set at about $7m per (likely would have had to have been more from us for Denver not too match). Try and revisit this one year or two from now. See what we do with that $7-8 million (coincidentally about the amount of extra money can possibly spend pre july 1st thanks to the trade). Maybe Chandler becomes a star. Maybe we say we're glad he's not taking up $8 million a year on our roster. We were once (briefly) happy about signing Kapono. I guess I'll check back around post #1483.

Comment

• Tough break for Denver and Chandler

Wilson Chandler's season started late and is finishing early.

The Denver Nuggets' versatile forward needs surgery to repair a labral tear in his left hip and is done for the season.

Chandler arrived in Denver last February as part of the blockbuster trade that sent Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks. He played for Zhejiang Guangsha of the Chinese Basketball Association during the NBA lockout and rejoined the Nuggets a month ago, signing a five-year deal worth nearly $37 million.

The 24-year-old averaged 9.4 points and 5.1 rebounds in eight games, including six starts but spent more time on the sideline than on the court after hurting his hip.

Chandler returned to action Monday night against Houston after missing eight games, but he retreated to the bench after logging just seven minutes, saying his hip "tightened, it was really sore."

"Me and the training staff just wanted to see if there was any way possible to finish the season out," Chandler explained before the Nuggets' game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. "Sitting out is really not for me. It's the last option. Nobody wants to sit out, especially when your team starting to do really good making a playoff push and moving up in the rankings. A lot of positive things going on, it's tough to watch. I'm still happy for them, but I just want to be a part of that."

Further discussions with team doctors over the last two days, however, determined Chandler needed surgery as soon as possible.

"I think Wilson is disappointed, I think he's sad," coach George Karl said. "He came back here hoping to give us a big boost and he didn't get many games in. So, I think in general it's a disappointment to him, as it is to us."

Karl said it's his understanding that the post-surgical rehabilitation for this type of injury takes four to five months.

The goal is for Chandler to have the operation as soon as possible so he'll be healthy by the start of the 2012-13 season.

"Definitely. If I'm not playing for the rest of the season, I definitely don't want to wait until after the season to have it," Chandler said. "We're probably looking at sometime next week."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...bral-tear.html
          That is too bad.

Comment

• Wow am I glad we didnt get him
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I'd still take him. It's not a chronic injury and he will be fine by next season
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I personally think he will still be a raptor. I think the Barbosa move was to get chandler here b4 the draft. Massai was just holding on to him for BryCo so, he wouldnt effect his tanking methods.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wilson Chandler + Gallinari for Bargnani + 2013 pick?

we get the better italian. gallinari is younger, has aggression/good motor, can make his own shot, plays like a real forward, shoots the 3 ball. Chandler is a solid wingman.

A 3 team deal with 76ers perhaps?

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                    Wilson Chandler + Gallinari for Bargnani + 2013 pick?

we get the better italian. gallinari is younger, has aggression/good motor, can make his own shot, plays like a real forward, shoots the 3 ball. Chandler is a solid wingman.

A 3 team deal with 76ers perhaps?
                    I personally don't see the purpose of acquiring both Gallo and Chandler. Either one could start at SF. And for backup purposes, I have no problem sticking with JJ (he's a much cheaper option, freeing up cap space to fill other areas of need).

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I personally don't see the purpose of acquiring both Gallo and Chandler. Either one could start at SF. And for backup purposes, I have no problem sticking with JJ (he's a much cheaper option, freeing up cap space to fill other areas of need).
                      Gallo as a combo forward.
                      Chandler as a guard-forward.
                      where else do we need more depth than our wings?

Holiday, Chandler, Gallo, Amir and Val is a wet dream. We will play some exciting bball with lots of offensive boards and dunking.

Comment

Holiday, Chandler, Gallo, Amir and Val is a wet dream. We will play some exciting bball with lots of offensive boards and dunking.
                        Unfortunately, dunking doesn't win you basketball games.

Holiday, Chandler, Gallo, Amir, and Val seems nothing more than a 7th spot at most to me. I don't believe the 7th spot is something we are building towards.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i don't think amir is starter material. he is a first big off the bench player to me. in this scenario i hope we drafted robinson or davis. and i would have chandler come off the bench as well at either the 2 or 3 pushing jj one down the list

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Unfortunately, dunking doesn't win you basketball games.

Holiday, Chandler, Gallo, Amir, and Val seems nothing more than a 7th spot at most to me. I don't believe the 7th spot is something we are building towards.
                            what are we building for? I would consider a 7th spot very ambitious at this point.

Gallo and Chandler are complete players if you consider what we have right now - Bargnani and Demar. They can both play D, get boards, create their own shot and shoot the 3 ball with some consistency.

Besides if we add pieces to that team like a veteran center and some perimeter players I would consider it formidable. Its a young team capable of playing well on both ends of the court with lots of energy.

And I think Amir can easily be a starter as a 4 when surrounded by quality players. He does exactly what he is meant to do - plays D, shoots FTs at a high percentage, grab offensive boards, picknroll and some easy buckets.

Comment

And I think Amir can easily be a starter as a 4 when surrounded by quality players. He does exactly what he is meant to do - plays D, shoots FTs at a high percentage, grab offensive boards, picknroll and some easy buckets.
                              if you have amir starting, you will need a legit offensive center or your whole front court is dependent on offensive rebounds. no stretch 4 means crowded paint to fight for those rebounds against and the defense would just play for the shot and let you drive at a crowd of 4 bigmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X