Andray Blatche?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andray Blatche?

According to RealGM he met with Raptors in Vegas. Thoughts?

Edit:
    link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...s-With-Raptors
    And just noticed his name is andray not andre
    Last edited by rapfan10; Tue Jul 8, 2014, 05:04 PM.

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    According to RealGM he met with Raptors in Vegas. Thoughts?
    Lol no.

No idea why we'd want him.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

I hope this meeting will go south.

This team's chemistry is sky high right now, why would Masai risk it with Blatche?

Comment

Oh no!

Comment

I'm sure it was just so Masai could say "F*ck Brooklyn" to his face.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            I hope this meeting will go south.

This team's chemistry is sky high right now, why would Masai risk it with Blatche?
            And we really don't need his game. If we were getting a starting calibre PF with post moves, that'd be great...but a backup C (where Blatche plays most of the time) who falls in love with bad shots and gives you little else? No, thank you. I really don't want to sign him. Most importantly, he's bad defensively as a C or a PF. He only gives you good O in the post, and that's not something he gives you every game...Again, no, thank you.

You know the way people who just hate DeMar's game feel about DD? Well I feel like that about Blatche times a zillion....

Comment

ESPN has a story on it too:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...tors-wednesday

The Toronto Raptors will meet with free-agent forward Andray Blatche Wednesday in Las Vegas, according to league sources.

The talented 6-foot-11 forward was a key member of the Brooklyn Nets last season, averaging 11.2 points and 5.3 rebounds off the bench.

Blatche, a 27-year-old veteran of nine seasons, has career averages of 10.1 points and 5.4 rebounds. He played the past two seasons in Brooklyn, but the Nets have not shown much interest in re-signing him.

His athleticism and versatility, however, would seem to make him a nice fit with the Raptors, one of the Eastern Conference's young, up-and-coming teams.
              ... via Broussard, but when there is fuel there is usually fire right? God I hope they don't sign him.

Comment

So Massai is meeting Andray Blatche and Diawara. Each guy plays the position we still need to fill. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

upgrade over Chucky Hayes & more developed than bebe, I like him if the price is right and if Masai is planning on keeping Bebe overseas another year

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think it makes sense to have him as a backup C. He is only 27 yearsold, and I was impressed by his offensive skill. Our bench would have serious fire power with Vasquez, Williams, Blatche, and Patterson.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

He was much, much less of a knucklehead in Brooklyn compared to Washington at least so if we did get him I wouldn't expect things like this anymore:

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          I think it makes sense to have him as a backup C. He is only 27 yearsold, and I was impressed by his offensive skill. Our bench would have serious fire power with Vasquez, Williams, Blatche, and Patterson.
                          But terrible defensively. Considering they talked about adding rim protection, it's hard to believe they have any interest in Blatche. He was probably BKL's worst defensive big, and his O is very overrated. He settles for bad shots too much, and is a bit of a black hole, rarely passing the ball.

Comment

Blatche's PER the past 2 years was hovering around 19.5 on average
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              But terrible defensively. Considering they talked about adding rim protection, it's hard to believe they have any interest in Blatche. He was probably BKL's worst defensive big, and his O is very overrated. He settles for bad shots too much, and is a bit of a black hole, rarely passing the ball.
                              He is obviously a place holder though. We have prospects at both the wing and center position, but we need to fill their positions in the mean time. A 2 year deal would be perfect.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X