Marvel v DC: Superhero Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Ah so Jesse Eisenberg (he played the Facebook guy) has been cast as Lex Luthor. Very curious choice as he seems way to young to play the guy who is supposed to give Superman a run for his money.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/33195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Read this, apparently he's 30, same age of Henry Cavill.

I think its a really neat choice. Can do a lot with this.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Read this, apparently he's 30, same age of Henry Cavill.

I think its a really neat choice. Can do a lot with this.

Mind = blown

Comment

Mind = blown
        Haha I know right!? But ya, I dig this casting. Who'da thunk the "Zombieland" dude, who was supposed to be a poor mans Michael Cera, was moving up so quick in the world!

Comment

Haha I know right!? But ya, I dig this casting. Who'da thunk the "Zombieland" dude, who was supposed to be a poor mans Michael Cera, was moving up so quick in the world!
          Interesting choice to say the least. I actually like Eisenberg as an actor and I'm on board with this choice. Social Network was good and Zombieland is one of my favourite zombie movies ever (hilarious and that scene with Bill Murray is gold). I guess it's just that once I had Bryan Cranston in my head as Lex anyone else would be a let down to me lol. The makers of Superman Vs Batman are def going for something different with this one (see Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot etc).

Edit: and also is it weird that I find your avi strangely entrancing???

Comment

Interesting choice to say the least. I actually like Eisenberg as an actor and I'm on board with this choice. Social Network was good and Zombieland is one of my favourite zombie movies ever (hilarious and that scene with Bill Murray is gold). I guess it's just that once I had Bryan Cranston in my head as Lex anyone else would be a let down to me lol. The makers of Superman Vs Batman are def going for something different with this one (see Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot etc).
            Keep in mind they'll be bringing back Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe as well. Power-house cast.
            I still see them looking to maintain the slightly serious tone that Man of Steel had though, even with Eisenberg.

What's interesting about Gal as Wonder Woman is that she'll naturally play a much larger role than Scarlett Johannson in Avengers did, and a big female lead is still something these super hero movies have yet to deliver.
            A lot to carry for someone who's only done Fast and Furious.

Comment

Keep in mind they'll be bringing back Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe as well. Power-house cast.
              I still see them looking to maintain the slightly serious tone that Man of Steel had though, even with Eisenberg.

What's interesting about Gal as Wonder Woman is that she'll naturally play a much larger role than Scarlett Johannson in Avengers did, and a big female lead is still something these super hero movies have yet to deliver.
              A lot to carry for someone who's only done Fast and Furious.
              The scenes with Costner in MOS were brilliant imo. Really made the movie for me. I loved the semi serious tone MOS had, I hope they keep a similar tone for SVB even with Eisenberg as you say.

Comment

DC Comic characters are so iconic.. floors me that they casted Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and now Jesse Eisenberg of all people as Lex Luthor.

What next? Are they going to use Justin Bieber as the Flash?

I really hope it works out. Love Superman and the last movie was great. I really don't want them to derail something that is going so well.

Comment

LOL He doesn't look half bad with the chrome dome!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    DC Comic characters are so iconic.. floors me that they casted Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and now Jesse Eisenberg of all people as Lex Luthor.

What next? Are they going to use Justin Bieber as the Flash?
                    I don't understand this mentality at all.
                    Jesse Eisenberg is an Oscar nominated Actor. I think he'll be able to add something to Luthor that no one ever has.

Same with Affleck. I'm going on record as saying he's going to nail the role.

Gal I don't know about.. but I sure as hell am rooting for her.

Comment

Comment

Damn, that's a nice suit

Are the contacts necessary?

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                          Damn, that's a nice suit

Are the contacts necessary?
                          You think he's got contacts in?

I don't know.. I think his eyes are naturally that dreamy ... I mean ... huh?

Comment

I'm surprised no one has made a "That's the wrong (H)Eisenberg!" joke yet.
                            Lol maybe someone misheard originally and that's how Bryan Cranston was rumoured.

Comment

Oh shit ... Zach Snyder just tweeted this:

SOO Dope. Looks better than Nolans already ...

Like actually ... from what we can see, I like that costume over any other they've done.
                              Last edited by Joey; Wed May 14, 2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X