Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
    Not if they keep winning.
    You can't win in the playoffs like that Mattscottnelson.

Comment

He's played well, but I'm kinda sick of all the press he's getting.. Honestly. People saying he's a superstar and all this shit, gimme a break. He's played like a handful of games.. Now you get people coming out like "Yeah, I knew this guy would be the next superstar." Oh, that's why he went undrafted, is it? I can't wait for him to start struggling tbh, then we'll see who really stands by this kid's side.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        You can't win in the playoffs like that Mattscottnelson.
        Very true, but considering he's only played 44 career games so far, there's plenty of room for him to improve on his decision-making as he gets more comfortable, and develops more chemistry with his teammates.

Comment

Jeremy Lin is good but he's way over hyped. In the playoffs he's going to get destroyed in so many different ways its not even funny. He turns the ball over like crazy and he has no athleticism, its going to be really hard for him to maintain 10 and 5 throughout a full season let alone what he's averaging these past few games. And his A/T Ratio is going to be total shit, half the time he just hands it to the guy. I'm not hating its just the truth

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Very true, but considering he's only played 44 career games so far, there's plenty of room for him to improve on his decision-making as he gets more comfortable, and develops more chemistry with his teammates.
            Or he could just as easily start riding the pine if the some of those 5-7 TO's per game start finding their way into the last couple of minutes and suddenly he's trading clutch shooting for crushing decision making. Remember, Baron Davis returns right after the All-star game. Some time after that point he's going to need to look over his shoulder.

Comment

Or he could just as easily start riding the pine if the some of those 5-7 TO's per game start finding their way into the last couple of minutes and suddenly he's trading clutch shooting for crushing decision making. Remember, Baron Davis returns right after the All-star game. Some time after that point he's going to need to look over his shoulder.
              Competition is always a good thing. Lin definitely needs a reminder that nothing is guaranteed for him. But if you're Knicks management, I'm sure Lin is seen as better long-term solution than Davis.

Comment

Lin wasn't seen as anything only a week ago. I don't think it's safe to assume anything yet. 30 turnovers in the last five games is a huge total. 20 over the last three is a huge total. Again, if he does that in a prominent role during the playoffs they get bounced early.

Comment

Its because aside from Leafs fans there are very few real Toronto sports fans in the city. Most just jump on the bandwagon of the next big thing (Linsanity, Miami Heat), and there is even a larger group that get tickets, probably for free from someone, and go there to openly and loudly cheer against the Raptors.

MLSE is to blame as well with these Italian/Spanish/South Asian themed nights basically inviting non-Raptors and for that fact probably non-sports fans to come to the ACC and cheer the opposition. It is the most least hostile environment in the NBA. Don't believe me just watch tonight when Bonner is in town how the "home" crowd makes another opponent feel right at home.

This team is an embarrassment. I am borderline ashamed to be a fan of this laughingstock of a franchise.
                  Deadallus

Comment

Lin wasn't seen as anything only a week ago. I don't think it's safe to assume anything yet. 30 turnovers in the last five games is a huge total. 20 over the last three is a huge total. Again, if he does that in a prominent role during the playoffs they get bounced early.
                    You're probably right, but would the Knicks be on pace to even make the playoffs without Lin? 7 wins in a row is hard to accomplish by accident.

At the end of the day, if the Knicks win more games than they lose (with Lin playing a prominent role), I think his job is safe. The odds of Davis have a career resurgence is less likely than Lin's miraculous rise. And really, what other options do they have at PG?

Even if the Knicks get bounced in the 1st round with Lin committing 6-7 turnovers per game, I think they bring him back next season and say, "we've got our PG of the future. We just need him to work on his turnovers this offseason."

Comment

Maybe you're right and they end up overpaying to the full MLE to keep him and then one day that contract looks as bad as Beno Udrih's contract signed by the Kings or Marco Jaric's contract signed by the Timberwolves or Rafer Alston's contract signed by the Raptors.

Comment

It's better the Knicks overpay for his services than the Raptors

Comment

I agree 100%. That's my preference. Let's see how long Linsanity lasts if he's turning the ball over six times a night even in a game like last night where some in the media said he "proved a lot but not shooting much and delivering 13 dimes". Again, that's awesome but those 6 turnovers are going to start happening an inopportune times. Its not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. Whoever draws the Knicks in round one are going to craft a plan to feast on Lin's numerous mistakes. The media loves to build guys up and then tear them down. I see that for him one day and once the Knicks "faithful" turn against you suddenly everything becomes a lot more difficult.

Comment

I have no problem with a lot of Chinese people cheering for a Chinese kid. For any extra sensitive people, yes I realize he's Taiwanese. BUT, the problem to me is not the presence of these fans, it's the general behavior of Raptors fans. Too many people are there without being true fans of the game, or of sports enough in general. You can see it on tv especially in the courtside and platinum seats: people spending the night eating, schmoozing and telling people on bbm and facebook "oh my god! so much fun at the Raptors game!"....It makes sense too when you think of it, because how many real sports fans can afford to fill that lower bowl. Hell it's even pretty bad in hockey games compared to other meccas like MSG for a Rangers' game and the Bell Centre for a Habs game. I don't know what it is with Toronto....

I will also say this though, when the team does win, the crowd gets better and better. I remember seeing a triple OT game in the Carter years against Sacramento (Divac, Webber, Stojakovic) and there were easily as many Serbian fans in the stands as there were Asians at the Lin game. And for the record, these fans are much crazier than the Asians at the Knicks game. BUT, it was when Toronto cared about the Raptors, when we had hopes they would compete and win. The Toronto element fought back with their own noise and it was a great atmosphere....If the team was winning, the crowds would be louder and more supportive, even in the face of someone like Lin coming through with his own crowd.

Comment

I was at that Raps/Kings game (sitting in the upper bowl with the "real" fans, of course ). Ahhh, memories of good basketball...

Comment

If he keeps posting 7 TO's per game he's going to get the hook. Somebody mark my words.
                                Marked. I disagree though, I think D'Antoni will ride him as long as he keeps winning. One more way this story is similar to Tebow: they both throw lots of interceptions and still win.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X