Thanks For The Memories CB4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks For The Memories CB4

The 2006-2007 Raptors season was definitely Bosh's most successful season in Toronto. We made the playoffs after a 5 year drought and we became the Atlantic Division Champions. Chris had a lot to do with that. I hope fans give him a good cheer of appreciation when he returns to the ACC.

We'll miss you CB4. Well, most of us at least.

Thanks for the good times.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

This is such a terrible move by Bosh its not even funny. Playing with these guys, he will be lucky if he gets 10 a game, which will probably move him into oblivion; he's just a role player now. Not to mention that their not even going to make Bosh jersey's in Miami, I mean who the hell would want a Bosh Miami jersey? He's a joke, a guy who got talked into a bad situation, for the other guys selfish reasons. If he wins 7 championships, he's never going to be mentioned as a legend. Good luck Bosh.

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
      The 2006-2007 Raptors season was definitely Bosh's most successful season in Toronto. We made the playoffs after a 5 year drought and we became the Atlantic Division Champions. Chris had a lot to do with that. I hope fans give him a good cheer of appreciation when he returns to the ACC.

I totally agree with you on this one, we should not hate on Bosh for leaving the Raps. He gave us 7 good years and it is sad to see raptor fans calling him RuPaul....the same fans who once chanted MVP when he went to the freethrow line....

I, for one, choose to remember the Bosh that gave us 20 and 10 for the past 3 seasons or so.

We will miss you Bosh (and Jose).......although not so much Turd...i mean Turk

Comment

Bosh is a good guy, he's a good player, and he gave TO some good years, for sure. With this said, I've never liked his game and the central role he played on our team. Definitely not a guy who can shoulder a team and get you a title - not even close, really.

Here's your early prediction though: I give him 2 seasons in Miami, max. They'll trade him for a less perimeter oriented forward or center. To me, Bosh is already the odd guy out in Miami. Wade and Bron will be fine together.
        "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
        ~Rorschach

Comment

Rap Challenger wrote: View Post
          Bosh is a good guy, he's a good player, and he gave TO some good years, for sure. With this said, I've never liked his game and the central role he played on our team. Definitely not a guy who can shoulder a team and get you a title - not even close, really.

Here's your early prediction though: I give him 2 seasons in Miami, max. They'll trade him for a less perimeter oriented forward or center. To me, Bosh is already the odd guy out in Miami. Wade and Bron will be fine together.
          I think they all have a no-trade clause. And I disagree that LJ and Wade are the best fit. Their games/skill set are too similar with both in love with the last shot.

Comment

Nah, good riddance!

No doubt Bosh is a good player, and he might even be a good guy. I will not be cheering him when he returns though.

The deception and immaturity in the way he handled the whole free agency thing for me outweighs the fact that he can play basketball. I want to root for people I respect and he's got nothing. It has nothing to do with the fact that he left. I wanted him to leave and I think in the longterm the Raps will develop a better team game without him.

It's impossible to overlook the fake sincerity combined with the bullshit marketing exercise he carried out here for the past who-knows-how-many years. It's clear now that he never had any intention to stay, yet he insisted on dragging out a tiresome charade that probably limited his team's options.

On top of that, his decision-making off the court has been lousy. From the people he associated with to his pathetic attempts at celebrity he was an embarrassment. And please don't talk to me about charity foundations. That's all a part of the marketing campaign.

So good riddance. Miami and all it's plastic-ness is perfect for you. And lots o' luck with the movie career. You're gonna need it.

Comment

The guy got us a banner to hang. Doesn't matter the circumstances, that means something to me. Thanks.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

CB4 most successful season was 4 years ago and that was a playoff with first round exit ( against VC, the other villain) and yet you say you will miss CB4?
                I will be missing CB4 not for the memories he left as Raptors player but for what he could have achieve as Raptors if he wouldn't leave for Miami on his prime. As CB4 has the right to go to Miami, Raptors fans have the right to look forward and cheer for the Raptors not the the ex-Raptors, now playing for the enemy

Comment

If only Bosh had made that jumper in Game 2 of the Magic series. And if only Sam Mitchell had not started Bargnani at the three for the first time in his life...

Comment

If ANY OF YOU boo Bosh like he's Vince when he comes here, I will kill you. Seriously.

The man put his heart and soul into his career here. Never was much of a leader, but that was just his personality. Played his hardest, was involved in making the team better...I have no gripes with him. He did what was best for him.
                    Joshua Priemski
                    NBA blogger
                    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                    www.RufusOnFire.com/
                    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

I don't blame Bosh for leaving one bit. Sure he could've handled it better but at the end of the day I watch Basketball and not a soap opera where I care about who these guys are, what their values are, etc. Colangelo had so many years to build a successful team around him. It was so painfully obvious what it was that Bosh needed to take the next step, but BC's ego got in the way. Instead of getting a real centre beside Bosh he put a soft, offensive-minded, perimeter-oriented power forward in the hopes that it would work. Bosh lived up to his end of the agreement, BC didn't. There was no reason for Bosh to waste his prime on a perpetually mediocre team. Sure BC's intentions were good, but as they say, the road to hell is paved by good intentions.

At least now BC seems to be getting the right idea and is putting some big men beside Bargnani that specialize in the things Bargs doesn't.

Edit: Oh ya, and anyone that boo's him is a fucking idiot. It'll just prove that Toronto sports fans are complete morons that deserve nothing more tha dildo that MLSE is holding up their ass.
                      Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Jul 14, 2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X