Bosh's 2004-2005 Season vs Bargnani's 2009-2010 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh's 2004-2005 Season vs Bargnani's 2009-2010 Season

Bosh's 04/05 season was the last year he played along side a "true superstar" and his last season before the team was handed to him...and 09/10 season could possibly be the same for Bargs....so lets look at the stats...

Bosh (04/05): played 81 games, 16.8 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.9 APG (while playing 37.2 MPG)

Bargs (09/10): played 80 games, 17.2 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.2 APG (while playing 35 MPG)

their stats are almost identical....
    but, to be honest, i don't recall much of the 04 season, as i wasn't really much of a fan back then...so could some one explain to me the differences between these two players(bosh in 04/05) and (bargs in 09/10)?

were people this negative about Bosh taking over as they are about Bargs taking over(if Bosh doesn't resign)?

were people complaining about vince not having a allstar player around him? and that Bosh was not the answer?

there stats are similar but they're two different big men with different styles of play....

Bosh in 04 "use" to be more "athletic" similar to Anthony Randolph
    Barg took longer to "develop" than Bosh...

V-C did not realize that Bosh would be a 20/10 guy...he is just a rookie back then..

Just wondering...anyone know what was the rookie ranking Bosh landed on? is it 4th?

Comment

yes bosh was drafted 4th. n the stats u are looking at were his sophomore season.

Comment

A00715890 wrote: View Post
        Bosh's 04/05 season was the last year he played along side a "true superstar" and his last season before the team was handed to him...and 09/10 season could possibly be the same for Bargs....so lets look at the stats...

Bosh (04/05): played 81 games, 16.8 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.9 APG (while playing 37.2 MPG)

Bargs (09/10): played 80 games, 17.2 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.4 BPG, 1.2 APG (while playing 35 MPG)

their stats are almost identical....
        but, to be honest, i don't recall much of the 04 season, as i wasn't really much of a fan back then...so could some one explain to me the differences between these two players(bosh in 04/05) and (bargs in 09/10)?

were people this negative about Bosh taking over as they are about Bargs taking over(if Bosh doesn't resign)?

were people complaining about vince not having a allstar player around him? and that Bosh was not the answer?
        That was his second year in the league...This was Bargs' 4th.

Comment

There is a big difference in the NBA between a player's 2nd year and a player's 4th year. And as you well know, stats, especially the stats you listed, don't tell the whole story. By Bosh's second season, it was obvious he would be able to become the Raptors franchise player. Bosh never really struggled with inconsistency, which is he's never averaged less than 33 mpg. Bosh always had good defensive fundamentals, he got to the line at a much, much higher rate than Bargnani, so it was obvious he would become a good scorer, and, besides, that 2.7 rpg difference is pretty big.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Trapaholic wrote: View Post
            Quite true. I think we can all agree that the italian wonderboy is a slow learner. but just for arguements sake lets stick with the OP's topic and just hope and pray that if bosh leaves that bargnanis numbers will skyrocket without the " true superstar" overshadowing him.

Comment

In Bosh's rookie season he was 19. He was I believe the 4th option in the offense that season behind Carter, Marshall and Rose. Rose however, only played 50 games that season. Bosh averaged 11.5 points per game that season.

DeRozan by contrast was 20 this season and averaged 8.6 points per game. However, DeRozan was the 5th option on offense when he started which he did most of the season. In addition, none of the Raptors starters played less than 70 games this season.

So it seems to me that DeRozan matches up fairly well with Bosh from a scoring perspective in their respective rookie season.

Some might try and compare DeRozan to VC in VC's rookie season. However i don't think that that is a fair comparison because Carter was 22 had three years of college vs one for DeRozan. In addition Carter was the main go to guy in his rookie season on a team without any other scorers that season. When someone like Doug Christie is your #2 scorer then you know that other than VC there was no one on that team that could score in significant numbers.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The only stat that would conceivably go up if Bosh left and he was the first option would be scoring. He wouldn't suddenly become a better rebounder, and he certainly wouldn't suddenly learn how to play defense. The problem with believing that Bargnani's scoring is going to go way up is that he relies so much on other people to create for him. Bosh never needed people to create shots for him. Even in his rookie season, only 60% of his shots were assisted, which is fairly close to what it became when he became the first option (50%). Bargnani has consistently been between 75-80% assisted. That doesn't give me an indication that he will be able to increase his scoring without Bosh. In fact, without Bosh, Bargnani may find it more difficult to score because Bargnani needs to work off double teams and drive and kicks. Without Bosh, the Raptors will have no one needing a double team and I think everyone knows they don't have any great slashers on the team. Bargnani's scoring may go up, but my guess is his efficiency will go way down.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  Bargnani's scoring may go up, but my guess is his efficiency will go way down.
                  I can see this happening if Bargnani becomes the first option
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Trapaholic wrote: View Post
                    How about Bosh was 19, Bargnani is 24?

Comment

Working...
                    X