X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let lowry walk and start him

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Then its the coach that is to blame not GV.
      Indeed. Wasn't blaming him for that obviously.

Wiggins wrote: View Post
      Welcome back

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
        not this guy again
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He drove me crazy on the Washington 3OT game. I wish he didn't gamble on O too much. His D is still pretty terrible. He can't ask for too much. If he does, he can go elsewhere.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'm in the minority here, but I think Vasquez is a serviceable backup.

Maybe it's that my expectations for a backup are low. Ideally, I want Lowry eating up 35 minutes per game, without any 2-PG lineups. Don't think Vasquez should be playing more than 13-15 mpg.

Comment

Vasquez is a good back-up, but I don't like him. He shoots too much for a poor shooter. He doesn't always get the best scorer on his unit involved in the offence. His D is pretty awful. I'd like to draft a back-up and let De Colo manage if the rook isn't ready right from the get go.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Firstly the team needs someone who can play in the low post, so that's who we should draft.

As for General Greivis, even yesterday each time his shot went up I would cringe but somehow it would go in. He's an okay back-up for now but moving forward we probably need a different backup

Comment

Vasquez is the perfect back-up for this team...a pick & roll guy for the bigs and a starter quality facilitator in case of a Lowry injury. I would resign him as long as he accepts his role would be as backup...alot depends on what happens with Lowry though, if he does the stupid move & leaves then GV value obviously goes up

Comment

jpaps wrote: View Post
                    Firstly the team needs someone who can play in the low post, so that's who we should draft.

As for General Greivis, even yesterday each time his shot went up I would cringe but somehow it would go in. He's an okay back-up for now but moving forward we probably need a different backup
                    We do have multiple picks in the draft you know. No reason we can't get both.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Maybe it's that my expectations for a backup are low. Ideally, I want Lowry eating up 35 minutes per game, without any 2-PG lineups. Don't think Vasquez should be playing more than 13-15 mpg.
                      This.^^

Also somewhere in the telecast they mentioned us being 27th-30th in the league for points allowed in the 2nd, (best in the fourth was their point) and all I could hear was the second we give GV the ball the defence shuts down.

Plus I get the feeling he thinks he'll be a starting calibre point guard in the NBA soon pushing Lowry for his job, which is shit-eating crazy and quiet frankly, for a franchise that already lived through point guard "controversies" and turn-style defence, that should be the last thing on our minds.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                        This.^^

Also somewhere in the telecast they mentioned us being 27th-30th in the league for points allowed in the 2nd, (best in the fourth was their point) and all I could hear was the second we give GV the ball the defence shuts down.

Plus I get the feeling he thinks he'll be a starting calibre point guard in the NBA soon pushing Lowry for his job, which is shit-eating crazy and quiet frankly, for a franchise that already lived through point guard "controversies" and turn-style defence, that should be the last thing on our minds.
                        He's said in a couple interviews that playing behind Lowry is a good experience for when he's a starter again. I'm not a fan of his just based off his interviews seems like he sees this as a temporary position until he's a starter again. He has a decent compete level sometimes but it tends to come after he fcks up. He can't play D whatsoever. I say get rid of him and get what u can in return.
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

I think GV is just warming up with the raptors. I think it's a lot more difficult to come to a new team at the point. Though I agree he goes up and down -- it's plain to see that the ups are coming a little more frequently every week since he got here. He's an emotional guy and he's used to being a starter and I think we're just now seeing him get comfortable in his role. Of course if he's not into a consistent groove by the end of the season, then we don't want him. But it's pretty funny to me to hear y'all cracking on him after he was killing it last night.

Comment

navyblues wrote: View Post
                            I think GV is just warming up with the raptors. I think it's a lot more difficult to come to a new team at the point. Though I agree he goes up and down -- it's plain to see that the ups are coming a little more frequently every week since he got here. He's an emotional guy and he's used to being a starter and I think we're just now seeing him get comfortable in his role. Of course if he's not into a consistent groove by the end of the season, then we don't want him. But it's pretty funny to me to hear y'all cracking on him after he was killing it last night.
                            Also this which many dont know or discount. Important since he wasnt the fastest guy in the world to begin with....

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/2...rgery-pelicans

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I'm in the minority here, but I think Vasquez is a serviceable backup.
                              Exactly, people here have been spoiled by Jose Calderon over the years and its rare to get a point guard who is a very good backup.

Comment

navyblues wrote: View Post
                                This is a fair point. I'm willing to give him more time to get comfortable. Like I said, a huge upgrade over Augustin and Byucks, but his decision making needs to be better. While he did indeed kill it last night, he also made some costly plays that cost us the game. One back to back possession in the second OT, he looked for his own shot when he had open teammates (Val and DD). The result? Val goaltended his floater (debatable whether this was a floater or a misthrown ally-opp, but it looked like a floater to me) and he got called for a charge. He should have passed it off in both occasions and would have resulted in easy buckets.

As somebody mentioned, when he's playing 12-15 minutes, he does a lot of good things. But the issue typically arises when he plays extended minutes and starts to force his own shots rather than run the offense.
                                Last edited by Jack_Bauer; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X