The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Dario Saric has just agreed in principle to a three-year deal with the Turkish club Anadolu Efes. It's safe to say he's going to drop hard and fast; I don't know if he'll be available at #20 but it's now at least possible that he will be.
    Even if he's there at 20, there's NO WAY i'm going to take that guy. Dude already acts like a diva and he hasn't even played a single NBA game. And i don't think he's that good anyway.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Even if he's there at 20, there's NO WAY i'm going to take that guy. Dude already acts like a diva and he hasn't even played a single NBA game. And i don't think he's that good anyway.
      I don't get this reaction from everyone. He's from Europe, he wants to play there for a couple of years. Good for him.

His father's been pushing him to play there the whole time, this has always been in the cards.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
        Can someone explain why Saric would do this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...h-Anadolu-Efes
        Money - he can and probably will make much more in Europe due to rookie contract. I'm wondering if the LAL-BOS comments were because of their draft position (6 and 7 is about $3.3-3.5M on rookie scale) and the fact they were rebuilding teams with opportunity to play heavy minutes.

Also there was an interview with his dad recently about his development. He said if his son went to the NBA, depending on the team, he'd likely not get much game time. You can't develop if you're not playing essentially was his argument.

Comment

• Does anyone know if Mario Hezonja is entering the draft? he's a guy that i would seriously consider at 37(if he's still on the board). Read a lot of great stuff about him.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Does anyone know if Mario Hezonja is entering the draft? he's a guy that i would seriously consider at 37(if he's still on the board). Read a lot of great stuff about him.
            Next year.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gimme Capela and call it a day.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                gimme capela and call it a day.
                20 capela
                37 inglis
                59 bachynski
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Saric is so damn annoying.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    It sure would be nice to know we had Lowry locked up before the draft. If Ennis or Payton are on the board at 20 and so is Saric, how can you take Saric if there may be a huge hole at PG?
                    Because you don't draft for need you draft the best talent. That's how.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                      Saric is so damn annoying.
                      Every year he does the same shit haha
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        This, gotta go with upside/talent at #37. Bachynski at #37 is a HUGE reach.
                        I don't think he is he didn't take many shots and when he did!

Great weak side and strong on ball defense. Look at his frame he can put on size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          I don't think he is he didn't take many shots and when he did!

Great weak side and strong on ball defense. Look at his frame he can put on size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          He doesn't have a high ceiling. At best he'll be a solid backup bigman. No need to reach for that when you could potentially get starter level players at 37 if you scout right, the Spurs do similar things all the time in weaker drafts.

Comment

• All i'll be praying for till thursday is for Saric to fall to 20th

also why doesn't raptors.com have a segment like this?
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The rumour mill has Danny Ainge grabbing Saric if he falls to 17.

Comment

• Why can't we grab one of Chicago's picks, I heard they're trying to ditch it for veterans or cap relief!?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X