Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they're not using their TPE on this trade to get Chandler and Diaw the only filers i can see being used that would even out the salaries is giving up Reggie Evans and Marcus Banks.

Comment

• geebee wrote: View Post
      Third piece: Belli?
      Yeah he looks like the odd man out. It better not be Weems.

Comment

• Fuck yes !!!! I hope its belli and Weems although to get rid of Jose's contract we have to give up something so u never know !!
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

• If BC can do this deal that is friggin awesome. We are basically replacing CB's offense and defense with a couple of other pieces. Plus, Turk was a black hole on off and def last year, so anything is an upgrade.

Now we just gotta go for Raja Bell!

Comment

• I' m ver intrigued, to say the least. If they don't use the trade exception then obviously there are more players involved. I'm going to reserved judgement until I know all the details. I really hope it's not Belinelli. The Raptors are going to need his outside shooting and ability to run an offense more than ever. Plus I'd simply hate to lose his potential and overall game.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Forgive me, but I'm unsure how the numbers add up.

Salary Cap: $58.04 million

Committed: $71.2 million (Approximate)

Barganani 8
              Johnson 5.5
              Kleiza 4.5
              DeRozan 2.5
              Davis 1.5
              Alabi 1
              Dorsey 1

Diaw 9
              Barbosa 7.1
              Jack 4.9
              Belenelli 2.4
              Evans 5.1
              Banks 4.75
              Chandler 13.1

Perhaps I'm completely missing something, but we would have to deal our expiring contracts right away ($22 million in Evans, Banks and Chandler) to make this work.

Comment

• Perhaps Evans/Banks for Chandler?

Comment

• i hope its evans and banks or POB
                  Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• If we traded away Weems for these players I would be livid. Expirings. That's what's gotta go. Nothing from the core. Ideally Reggie. That would be nice.

Comment

• I like BC and this is a great move. He aint perfect and when he does make a mistake or sees problems he takes action - see Fred jOnes, or even Rafael Arujo (inherited) ....He aint scared.

p.s. All this action from BC without touching the $14.5 million trade exception from BOSH...
                      I can say he's among the best in the league and best GM we've had in TORONTO. THE END

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                        If we traded away Weems for these players I would be livid. Expirings. That's what's gotta go. Nothing from the core. Ideally Reggie. That would be nice.
                        I agree. Weems is going to be huge this year. Get Bellinelli out of my sight.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                          If we traded away Weems for these players I would be livid. Expirings. That's what's gotta go. Nothing from the core. Ideally Reggie. That would be nice.
                          100% agreed. Weems, DD, Bargs, and Davis are the only players I think the raps HAVE to keep, for various reasons... maybe we can insta-dump the terribad Amir deal :P

Comment

• According to this and my twitter feed a lot more people are saying Reggie Evans
                            http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ot-rebuilding/
                            Obviously not the best site but more and more twitter posts about Reggie so Im guessing someone leaked a bit of info out there.

Comment

• Priest wrote: View Post
                              According to this and my twitter feed a lot more people are saying Reggie Evans
                              http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/0...ot-rebuilding/
                              Obviously not the best site but more and more twitter posts about Reggie so Im guessing someone leaked a bit of info out there.
                              Makes sense.
                              Losing Belli was probably wishful thinking on my part. Given the presence of Chandler and the rookies, we have no use for Evans.

... but my fingers are crossed for more deals yet.

Comment

• Updated salary comparison pre/post trade, assuming Evans is also included, so it becomes Turkoglu/Calderon/Evans – Barbosa/Chandler/Diaw (all figures from Hoopsworld):

2010-2011 – Raptors salary increases by $4,820,000
                                2011-2012 – Raptors save $3,780,000
                                2012-2013 – Raptors save $21,960,000
                                2013-2014 – Raptors save $12,000,000

Over the next 4 seasons, this trade saves the Raptors $32,920,000 (with approx $17M expiring at the end of this season - Chandler/Banks)

* Doing this 3-way trade on ESPN Trade Machine, it looks like the Raptors would need to add just under $400,000 of their TPE to make it work (Phoenix will need to add just under $600,000 of their TPE)

I love this trade from a salary perspective, but view it as a temporary solution personnel-wise, which I am fine with. My only concern is that the Raps would be left with 4 SGs (DeRozan/Weems/Barbosa/Belinelli) and just 1 legit PG (Jack), unless they plan to use Barbosa as the backup PG... more deals in the works??
                                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X