No announcement yet.

Draft Pick #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted something similar to this thread. Getting Utah's picks would be my preference too. I would pick either Brandon Knight or Kemba

and at 12 I would pick Leonard Kwahi, he fits the raptors needs to a tee. Rebounding, Defense, Slasher. Avg. 15.4 pg and 10.7 rebs for San Deigo State (#2, sweet sixteen, lost to UCONN)

Even if we keep the three (kemba, or knight) and trade for a later 9 to 13 pick. We could draft the same way and have to two really good players out of this draft.

I realize B.C. said our team was to young to have two rookies, but I think this would be a good move for the future. We have cap room to grab a centre. We could also deal Bayless, Bargs to get some talented veteran leadership.

New Centre (Or Bargs)
    Ed Davis
    K. Leonard
    Demar
    Knight, or Kemba

Bench

Calderon
    Barbosa
    Amir
    Klieza
    J.J.

Looks like a wicked team to me!

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
      I just posted something similar to this thread. Getting Utah's picks would be my preference too. I would pick either Brandon Knight or Kemba

and at 12 I would pick Leonard Kwahi, he fits the raptors needs to a tee. Rebounding, Defense, Slasher. Avg. 15.4 pg and 10.7 rebs for San Deigo State (#2, sweet sixteen, lost to UCONN)

Even if we keep the three (kemba, or knight) and trade for a later 9 to 13 pick. We could draft the same way and have to two really good players out of this draft.

I realize B.C. said our team was to young to have two rookies, but I think this would be a good move for the future. We have cap room to grab a centre. We could also deal Bayless, Bargs to get some talented veteran leadership.

New Centre (Or Bargs)
      Ed Davis
      K. Leonard
      Demar
      Knight, or Kemba

Bench

Calderon
      Barbosa
      Amir
      Klieza
      J.J.

Looks like a wicked team to me!
      See my post above yours. I am VERY against doing this sort of thing. Basically, you're just getting worse players 9 times out of 10. Not a recipe for success.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors Shouldn't Be The Team Gambling In a Downgrade Trade

The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that trading away the #3 for the #6 and #12 in a weak draft is not enough bang for the Raptors' buck. It's very risky for them to make such a trade seeing how they have the leverage. The team taking more of the risk should be the Jazz seeing how they'd be getting the biggest asset in the deal. The Raptors should be looking to get Hayward or Miles along with the #6 pick for the #3.

Hayward isn't the perfect player but he's better than anything they'll get at #12 and maybe at #6. If they landed Hayward and the #6 the Raptors would be in position to draft one of a bunch of high potential high risk players while getting a somewhat known commodity with good upside back as well.

Comment

Working...
        X